New Muslim born!

xAllahKnowsBestx

Awwh masha'Allah!! I've been reading your updates on the sister's section, lol, alhamdulillah he's out, haha. :) May Allah bless little Aadam and sister Trying2learn.

JenGiove

He did say it to a non-Muslim.

Akhi, on this website, when we post facts, we post them with daleel. Without daleel, our statements don't carry much weight.

Asalaamu Alaikum Ukti,

Actually, he's right. Me being the non-Muslim that I am have researched the protocols surrounding the exchange of greetings between a Muslim and a non-Muslim.

First, the use of the Asalaamu Alaikum should never be initiated by a Muslim to a known non-Muslim since there is room for questioning whether the non-Muslim is at peace or at war with the Muslim. The "ties that bind" through the bond of faith is not present in that circumstance. HOWEVER, if a non-Muslim greets with "asalaamu alaikum" first, then the duty of the Muslim it to greet either the SAME or BETTER, in the event that doing so is the call to Islam that was needed. The Muslim who greets in such a manner gains a benefit.

The greeting between Muslims should always reflect the bond of faith and the benefits gained from enjoining peace is twice that of the return or peace given to a non-Muslim. Thus, the use of "wa alaikum" between two Muslims is frowned upon because of the loss of benefit and the loss of enjoining peace.

The importance of saying salaam and returning the greeting
http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/4596/salaam

Responding to a kaafir when he says salaam to a Muslim
http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/4975/salaam

If I have understood this incorrectly, please forgive me and correct me but I hope it clears it up.

:wasalam:

JenGiove

:salam2:

ASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS for everyone else, I will pass your messages on to her. She has arrived home today and she was able to post a little bit of her excitement on FB...and I know her phone doesn't have the ability to surf the internet! lol! I think it can send text and take a phone call and that's about it.... lol!!! :D

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
Asalaamu Alaikum Ukti,

Actually, he's right. Me being the non-Muslim that I am have researched the protocols surrounding the exchange of greetings between a Muslim and a non-Muslim.

The greeting between Muslims should always reflect the bond of faith and the benefits gained from enjoining peace is twice that of the return or peace given to a non-Muslim. Thus, the use of "wa alaikum" between two Muslims is frowned upon because of the loss of benefit and the loss of enjoining peace.

The importance of saying salaam and returning the greeting
http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/4596/salaam

Responding to a kaafir when he says salaam to a Muslim
http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/4975/salaam

If I have understood this incorrectly, please forgive me and correct me but I hope it clears it up.

:wasalam:

Thank you very much for the information. However being a Muslim myself, I am already aware of this ruling and have been for awhile now.

The question was not one of whether or not the greeting of salam should be returned to a Muslim. The brother was confused and believed that "wa alaykum" was being said to a Muslim. He didn't know that it was being said to a non-Muslim. Muslims should use the full greeting for each other. This is in accordance with the very rulings you posted.

As for me asking him to post daleel, that was something to be remembered in general, and not simply pertaining to his statement.

HOWEVER, if a non-Muslim greets with "asalaamu alaikum" first, then the duty of the Muslim it to greet either the SAME or BETTER, in the event that doing so is the call to Islam that was needed. The Muslim who greets in such a manner gains a benefit.

Yeah, I'm not so sure about this one. According to my knowledge, the ayah of returning a greeting with a better one refers to Muslims ONLY.

If it's otherwise, I really would like to know.

Al-Imraan

Salaamu alaykum

Brothers and Sisters Please Check out my Thread,

"The Books Of Success" .
There are Really good books ,
And Very Enjoyable and interesting.

Jazakallah Gayran
-

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!

ASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS for everyone else, I will pass your messages on to her. She has arrived home today and she was able to post a little bit of her excitement on FB...and I know her phone doesn't have the ability to surf the internet! lol! I think it can send text and take a phone call and that's about it.... lol!!! :D

Wa alaykum!

I know I'm really very late in replying but I'm so happy for my Sister. It's such an exciting news. Please pass my Congratulations and wishes.

May Allaah make this baby the coolness of her eyes in Duniya and Akhira. May he grow up in to a fine Muslim man. And may Allaah reward her with whatever Allaah promises a mother.Ameen

trying2learn

Thank you all, his full name is Aadam Paul Jihad *lastname of his father*, he's a sweet baby I am thankful and grateful for the gift of Aadam and my older two children, Allah (swt) is most gracious, again thank you all. Inshallah Aadam will grow to be a good muslim (as well as his older brother ans sister).

Paul and Jihad are his middle names

JenGiove

Thank you all, his full name is Aadam Paul Jihad *lastname of his father*, he's a sweet baby I am thankful and grateful for the gift of Aadam and my older two children, Allah (swt) is most gracious, again thank you all. Inshallah Aadam will grow to be a good muslim (as well as his older brother ans sister).

Asalaamu Alaikum,

And I can't WAIT to meet him, inshallah!!! Hopefully in a few months I'll be able to afford the 8.5 hr trip down there....car rental and all that...((HUGGLES!!)))))

a_stranger

Congratulation sister , alhamduliAllah for his gift may Allah bless you and him and make him a good muslem, and thank. You :SMILY34::SMILY34::SMILY34: sister , Jen for telling this happy news.

Al-Imraan

Salaamu alaykum

Salaamu alaykum Sister ConcratZ we make dua for ur child inshallah

Allah Protect this child from the hell
Allah make this child one of the mu`min
Allah make this child one of the true believers
allah make this child one of the Hafiidz
Allah make this child one of the Residents of Janna
Allah Bless this child
Allah let this child be ur True Follower
Allah Grant us good in this world and good in the life to come and keep us safe from the torture of the Fire
Allah Forgive us our sins and efface our bad deeds and take our souls in the company of the righteous

:wasalam: To Sister
:wasalam: To My grandson Haha Joking

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Congratulation On Your News Born Baby~Alhamdulillah!

To all the ones who know her...Sister Trying2Learn has given birth to a new baby boy!!! His name is Aadam and he was born at 12:25am EST 6 lbs 7 ozs. I'll be calling her in an hour to find out more information. If you have a message for her, leave it here and inshallah I'll pass them along. I'm sure she'd love to hear from you!

~~~
Assalamu'alaikum!
greeting!

To sister Trying2Learn
[url=http://www.glitter-graphics.com] [/URL]

on the arrival of your new born baby.
2192108rlt7kt0y6g.gif

nno4ys.jpg

~May Allah swt make them healthy always and shower blesses
upon her and her family ~Amin!

And

~Thank you with sooo vey much appreciate dearest JenGiove for the kind
information and letting us know our sister present situation.

:mashallah:

──█▀▀█───█──────────
──█▄▄▄─█─█─▄──────────▀▀█────▄───█▀▀─
─▄▄▄▄█─█─█▄█▄▄▄▄█▀█───▄▄█▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄─
─────▄▄█───▄────█▄█─────────▄─▄──────

To
All My Family In Islam.

Take Care!
~Wassalam.