New Muslim - require help

FahdAW

As salaam 'alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatu

I hope everyone here is in their best state of Imaan and health.

I'm a new muslim, having embraced Islam, Alhamdulillah, before the last Ramadan. My family is from among the hindus but I wouldn't say they are very strict about practice. Basically, where I'm from, people do not practice hinduism in its essence, but follow various cultural rituals.

Since my reversion, though it was never taken in ease by my family, they have never really objected to me praying or fasting or even growing my beard and such. Now I'm guessing they did this because they thought I wasn't really serious about it and would leave it later on. But now that they see I'm still practicing, bi'ithnillahi ta'ala, and that I'm rather strict about certain things (like me refusing to apply to work in banks etc) they have started being displeased and have started taking me as arrogant and rebellious. Their real issue as far as I see is not Islam itself, but the fact that I'm looking out of place in our community, especially as we stay in a very non-muslim town. Also the fact that others of my age are already sitting well in life, in a financial sense, where as I am still job hunting. My father fears I'm going to bring a bad reputation upon the family by going against the values I was brought up in and that I would probably regret decisions 'that I have taken in the spur of youth'. It has now come to the point where every talk leads upto an argument. I do try to be calm, most of the time, but I do confess sometimes I find it difficult especially when they argue about things where they have no basis to support these arguments.

What's the best way to deal with the situation? I tried to sit down and have a sensible talk, but my father wouldn't give in. My mother have been more cooperative, in atleast sitting down and listening, but even she doesn't look favourable in terms of support.

I hope, Inshallah, someone would be able to help here. Make du'a for me brothers and sisters, so that Allah makes things easier for us that we may be guided to the right path.

Jazak Allah Khairan.

JenGiove

:salam2: Brother,

I am a non-Muslim but I think I can echo the thoughts of the others well enough to know that you are doing the best thing right now. Remaining patient with your parents, being gentle, continuing to make dawah with them and remaining strong in your emaan. I applaud you for all this and I pray that you can continue to do so.

I would suggest that you continue to take the quiet moments with your mother to explain your faith and practices with her. She is your mother and will always love you though she may object to your choices for the moment. I would also recommend that you continue to only explain to her what you believe while not taking on the tone of condemnation for her faith and actions. You are not in the position to be judge over her choices and inshallah, she will see and hear the love in your voice for her and for Islam.

Only Allah knows what is to come with her and your father.

Be well..

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
:salam2:
@JenGiove.pardon me for my "stingy" question.Why aren't you muslima,but you gladly share islamic matters with us?you would be a good Dawah maker,if only you wanted:hijabi:

@broFahdAW,welcome to islam!I was me too in a family with Hindus influences!so you totally changed you life!your parents maybe don't accept your choice,but just ask them what all the stautes they worship(if they do it),answer them.it happened one time that when I went to visit my parents,I went upstairs to see the "hindu temple"they had in the room and I stole some staues from there.then I threw them in the trash(if my words are too hurting,please delete them).one day my mum asked me if I saw where the statue of Ganesha was.I ironically answered:-I don't know,try to ask to the biggest of them where Ganesha is!-I didn't feel guilty,but I still laugh,when I think to how many hindus statues I stole and threw.

sachin4islam

Assalamu Alaikum: Br.

It is extremely pleasant to find that you have freed yourself from captivity of Idols and Idolaters. The same chain I broke about four and half years back when I reverted to Islam from Hinduism.

Exactly same is the familial environment I am stuck with. My Dad is Non-Religious and defines the religion as addiction. He is still either unaware that I am a Muslim or dwells in dilemma as what is my religious status at now. My Mum is very cooperative in all senses. She never objected my Reversion. But recently when I acquainted her of my willingness to move to a Muslim majority area,she was extremely displeased. And now I have discovered that she never took my Reversion seriously and is hopeful that one day I would be home again.

The best way to tackle the present situation that you are midst is by full efforts to strengthen your financial basis. Never forget to beg Allah (SWT) for best part in your life. Once your are standing firm economically your parents,InshaAllah, will soften. Simultaneously you must exhibit a difference in every aspect of life (as a Muslim),inspired from the life of Muhammad (SAW),believe me this difference which is nothing but manifestation of Dawah,someday bless your parents with Islam.

Be firm in your commitment to commandments of Allah (SWT),InshaAllah,you will not despair. May Allah (SWT) shower HIS utmost blessings upon you.

Do not forget to go through my signature (excerpts from Quran) below.

Regards.

FahdAW

@JenGiove - May Allah give you guidance. Thank you very much for your advice. Of course, I use the opportunity to invite you to this beautiful faith that I have found, Alhamdulillah.

@Hayat - Jazak Allah Khairan, dear sister. May Allah increase you in Imaan and make it easy for you to give Da'wah to your parents as well.

@Sachin - Jazak Allah Khairan, brother. Your situation is pretty much a reflection of mine. May Allah give your parents guidance and make things easier for you.

mahaseeb

Asalamualikum.....
Mashallah brother congrats..Brother be patient and inshallah things will be fine.
I really feel happy reading people from hinduism coming to islam in india alhamdulilah.I know how it works in india coz i have a lot of friends who are hindus but brother dont worry, brother sachin and and we are here for you my brother.
@ sachin.. bhai now i have to make calls to one more brother and talk .Alhamdulillah
Take care brother.. and may allah help you and bless you brother.. ameen
Jazakallah hu khair
Abdul Haseeb

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
:salam2:
I am speechless !!!

Such a good advice from all of you.

You guys are angels... Actually better than angels. Actually angels would be praying for you.
And what pleasures Allah (SWT) has stored for you in the hereafter, no eyes have seen, no ears have heard and no mind can even imagine.

Brother Fahd, Welcome to Islam and to TTI.

Brother Sachin has given a good advice.

I think you are one of those who are also called Al-Ghuraba, "The Staranger".

Prophet Mohammad :saw: defined the strangers as "They are a small group of people among a large evil population. Those who oppose them are more than those who follow them." [Reported by ibn Asaakir. It is authentic according to al-Albani.]

And an another narration He said "Islam began as something strange, and it shall return to being something strange, so give glad tidings to the strangers."

Many times in many situations the people that follow the true religion of Allah feel a sense of not belonging, of being out of place, of not fitting in, and, in other words, of being strange. This feeling could occur in a gathering of non-Muslims, but, unfortunately, this feeling sometimes also occurs when one is with his fellow Muslims. A person sees his brothers and sisters doing acts that are contrary to Islam, or taking part in innovations that sometimes even border on kufr (apostasy), yet he feels that he does not have enough power or courage to stop them in these acts. Some brothers and sisters, especially if they do not have enough taqwa or Islamic knowledge, sometimes buckle under the pressure of their peers and join in these acts, knowing that this is not what Allah wants them to do. However, feeling helpless, since it seems that they are alone in their ideas and without any support to help them do what is right, they succumb to such pressures.

And if we do not succumb to such pressures then in that respect we are all strangers. It is difficult but the reward of being a stranger is also immense.

:wasalam:

brmm

:salam2: brother,
If u left Islam that does not mean u will find a job, it is just a reason for argument. If u r not a Muslim they will tell u to change ur clothes or hair style to have more chances to get a job.

The parents rights always is to respect them, but no one has any say so against your belief as a Muslim.

I think if you can live without them and they can live without you then try to separate and live away (BUT keep in touch with them always), I think it will be healthy for all of u.

Allah inshallah will help uu. Amen

BRMM

Ahsen

Why is that the people who follow islam feel alone? Like they are just left alone in this world by EVERYONE.