NEW MUSLIM

INTRESTED

HI,BROTHERS AND SISTERS I HAVE BECOME A MUSLIM BUT I HAVE A PROBLEM I AM WHITE AND MY GIRLFRIEND IS WHITE AS WELL. MY PROBLEM IS I WANT HER TO WEAR HIJAB WHEN WE GO OUT OR AT LEAST A NIQAB BUT SHE IS RELUCTANT DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY ADVICE THANK YOU:salah:

Zafran

Muslim Brother
Its best to get marriad first which is the most important thing as having a girlfriend is haram.

cmelbouzaidi

Assalamu alaikom,

I think you mean at least "hijab" head covering (not niqab which covers the face too)..... why should your girlfriend wear hijab if she is not a muslim? Also, whether she is or is not a muslim, I must advise that no casual relationships are allowed in Islam. May Allah guide us to the Straight Path.

INTRESTED

help

I want her to become a muslim and she is thought about it but no answer yet she likes the niqab though and I hope she wears them please get back thanks

I want her to become a muslim and she is thought about it but no answer yet she likes the niqab though and I hope she wears them please get back thanks

inshallah take care of her to become a muslim first. and her faith also must be strong to practise any rules.let her study more about islam and the rewards whic she will get when she practise the rules, Hope it will be easy for her to practise.

Salaam akhi,

Slow down. The color of your skin is irrelevant when you are a Muslim. Someone posted today a good article about how the hijab should be used as a statement of attitude (belief) rather than fashion. You might want to browse through it.

In my opinion, it is best for you to get married first, let her learn Islam second, let her wear a hijab/niqab third. Change doesn't happen over night, people gradually change. Perhaps modest, loose and long sleeves shirts are good baby steps.

May Allah swt make things easier for you brother

TheHumbleWun

ShyHijabi

Salaam,

Firstly, you need to change your profile from Christian to Muslim if you have converted. Secondly, your "girlfriend" is not Muslim so asking her to dress accordingly seems a bit like putting the cart before the horse. As you know, having a girlfriend is not allowed in Islam so you need to square that situation immediately.

It would probably be best of you focus on your own deen and how to improve it before trying to get another person to conform to the religious requirements. Send this female to a mosque and into the companiy of some sisters for all her questions.

Wasalaam

~Sarah

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
asalamu alikum

asalamu alaykum. before u tell her to wear hijab give her a copy of quran let read and give her the chance to understand this beautiful religion and why muslim girls wear hijab. its gonna take her alot. be patient! coz Allah(swt) loves the patient people. may Allah guide her.:wasalam::hijabi:

OsMaN_93

Here to help
:salam2:
mashallah, great news,
but in Islam it is a big sin to force someone to do something especially their religion :),
may Allah help/guide your friend to be lead to the true way.
wassalam alikom

susana25

May peace be with you and your girlfriend,

Although I am not yet fully converted into the muslim religion I do believe that you should not force her to wear the Hijab like what asalamu alikum had said give her the copy of the "Holy Qu'ran" and that will give her a chance to fully understand this beautiful religion and why girls cover themselves. I must tell you it is not going to be easy because I myself am trying to convert into the muslim religion and I had my fiance of whom I love very very much tell me each and every day "You should convert to Islam learn about it" that is what my fiance had always said to me all the time and I told him this one day and he soon started to get the picture and this is what i said to him, "HONEY I LOVE YOU, I REALLY DO AND I HAVE TOLD YOU THAT I AM LEARNING ABOUT THE MUSLIM RELIGION AND I WANT TO DO THIS FOR MYSELF AND NOT HAVE SOMEONE FORCING ME INTO SOMETHING THAT I MAY NOT LIKE." Although it is not going to be easy for her or for me as well let her find out for herself encourage but do not force her into doing something that she may not even love and let her see how you pray.

take care and i hope that this will give you some faith and may peace be with you and your girlfriend.

INTRESTED

THANK YOU

Hi, THANKS FOR THE ADVICE MY GIRLFRIEND AND I LOVE EACH OTHER VERY MUCH AND THE SITTUATION WITH THE HIJAB/NIQAB IS NOT REALLY A FORCFULL ONE IT'S MORE OF ME TRYING TO GIVE HER CONFIDENCE IF ANYONE HAS ANY MESSAGES THEY WOULD LIKE TO WRITE PLEASE FEEL FREE SHE WOULD LOVE TO READ THEM ANYWAY THANKS:salah:

cmelbouzaidi

Assalamu alaikom brother,
Please tell your friend to read qur'an with an open heart, to listen to adhan with an open heart and to learn about the history of Islam and see what she thinks. I think when you look into Islam with good intentions, you cannot help but find the amazing beauty of Islam and how the way Muslims worship Allah is a very special worship. Every time we do wudhu before prayer, it is a spiritual and physical ablution as we literally wash away our sins and any negativity accumulated on our person. A real Muslim's compassion for his neighbour, in the way of our Prophet Mohammed, peace be upon him, is quite remarkable. Once someone is sure that this is but a small journey of life and we must prepare for the Hereafter, I cannot think of a better way to do it than completely submitting to the Almighty and living a dignified yet humble life of worship. I wish you both the very best, Insha Allah. Be patient and may the light of Allah, subhana wa ta'ala, guide you.

alafil63

Assad the Quiet
i agree, the skin is uninfluential: im white also, and when i was young i was blonde, (now my hairs are white grey) but this not stop me in any way and im respected from other brothers and i respect them.

We are Muslim :) this enough, we live under Allah (SAW).

About the hijab im not the one to reply, i know very few about hijabs, others, maybe sisters that know better these things will help you.

Salaam

cmelbouzaidi

All I can say is that it took me 17 years after converting to wear hijab. I am very happy that I do now but it was something I had to figure out for myself, with the help of Allah. No-one ever asked me to wear hijab and I questioned the necessity for many years. I still believe there are probably many Muslim sisters who have great faith and do not wear hijab and others with little faith that do. I feel very comfortable in hijab and it reminds me constantly of my place in worshipping Allah, but it is not, in my opinion, something to be forced on anyone. It is up to the individual... same goes for niqab.

muslimad

Asalamu Alaykum!
i agree, the skin is uninfluential: im white also, and when i was young i was blonde, (now my hairs are white grey) but this not stop me in any way and im respected from other brothers and i respect them.

We are Muslim :) this enough, we live under Allah (SAW).

About the hijab im not the one to reply, i know very few about hijabs, others, maybe sisters that know better these things will help you.

Salaam

brother i think you meant ALLAH (SWT) not (SAW):hijabi:

INTRESTED

Thanks massi

:tti_sister:I have read the link and today I wore the hijab my boyfriend was very proud I got a few funy look's but that has made me more determined to wear it again or the niqab feel joyfull again thank you brothers and sisters