NEW SISTER! I LOVE ISLAM!

Sakeena

I do speak Spanish. Is that why u thought I was Latina? It's okay :) People assume I'm everything but African American girl it seems. I'm taking it in High school and I really like it mashalAllah :) Does the Latina girl go here on these forums sis?

Sakeena

Salam alaikom sister Sakeena,

Delighted to have you with us. I am really excited to know your conversion to Islam story? What are the words you heard from your muslimah friend that convinced you?Please share your experience with us

Salam

Moadeeb

Bismillah Ar-Rahman Ar-Raheem,

Asalamu alakum :)

Okay, I was born in Georgia, USA. I'm 17, I reverted when I was 15.
Why? Because I wasn't happy with worshipping Jesus to ask God something. If I want to ask God something, I ask Him! Not His son! Anyway, Hina, my friend's name, came to the US when she was a little girl with her family from Pakistan. We met in Middle school, the 7th grade. And I was intrgued by her. She was very exotic-looking and very pretty. I hd never met a Pakistani before let alone a Muslim. I asked her one day, "Are you from India? Are you Mexican?" "No," she said, "I'm from Pakistan. I'm a Pakistani." She didn't seem to mind my questions,and so soon we began talking more and more.

Appa BK

Muslimah Light
So Lovely.....

As Salaam Mu Aleykum to all

Mash'Allah sister Sakeena, you enthusiasm is enchanting... Insha'Allah, the Almighty will always keep you in such high spirits about Islaam.

Asalaamu Alaikum to All,

Ramadaan Mubarak to one and all of you. I wish I could have had the opportunity to find islam (the hard way like some of you who had to revert) but instead I've been a Muslim since birth and I really admire the revert brothers and sisters. I hail from Cape Town in South Africa. Algamdoelilah Islam is First World here, we often take for granted how easy as Muslims we have it here, take for example the numerous mosques and Halaal butcheries, restaurants right on our doorsteps where some people might not have the same priviledge. A true blessing from Allah on us, Islam started here more than 300 years ago and is flourishing Algamdoelilah. Please feel free to ask any question and I'll try to answer as best as I can.

Waleed

Brother Waleed it is really nice to see a fellow South Africanin these parts:blackhijab:

You are right about us here in South Africa.... we practice Islaam easily and with absolute freedom. Shukr to ALLAH (SWT) for that.

Mash'Allah you come from a very beautiful place in SA, me unfortunately im from dreary Johannesburg, but I make a point of escaping to Cpt at least once a month.

P.S Ramadhaan Mubarak to all

Ma'A Salaama

Salam

It's good to hear someone who is converted to İslam in 15 years old. Masallah. I do come from a Muslim family from birth and they trained me well, although in some part of life scan I was get out from the straight road of İslam but I praise the Allah (elhamdülillah) I never lost my belief (iman). Life is a great examination for everyone as all know this. (I hope so) And there are certain times who comes to check you. Examiner.

I saw a lot of people who came Muslim from birth but did not know İslam and injuctions of İslam well enough, even most of them became muslim by tradition. It's kind of conventional belief that they hold their traditional way of living in religion.

But İmam Gazzali says: "Who comes from Muslim family by birth and when he is mature, until he accepts all information about İslam as a tabuu and research İslam by his own deeds he/she can't be real Mümin/Beliver."

French philosophers says, "Les elus" chosen people. I believe Allah chose people sometimes we chose our own. But there is something can not explain which is written to forehead. Fate.

We must follow the sings of Divinity.

maas salamah

M. B. Sezer / İslamabad

carpy321

Asalam Alaikum everyone!

My name is Sakeena! I'm a revert to Islam alhamdulillah! I just registered this morning at 9:30! I'm so excited!
I come from a Christian family in the United States. Alhamdulillah, Allah (swt) guided me and I converted to Islam 3 1/2 years ago! Allahu Akbar! I'm embraced Islam when I was 15 after asking my best friend, a Pakistani Muslimah about Islam. She told me about Allah (swt) and Prophet Muhammad (saw) and our purpose in this world. It was only seconds that Allah (swt) opened my eyes to the truth that is Islam! I converted on Tuesday, September 27 2007 in the afternoon! I'm now 17 and soon to be 18 and I really want to learn to pray 5 times a day and wear hijab insha'Allah!

I LOVE ISLAM! MASHA'ALLAH!!! :hearts:

It's soo cool here! I'm so totally excited!!! :tti_sister:

I hope to hear from some brothers and sisters here!!

Salam!

Sister Sakeena

:salam2:

sister congratulations!!! reverting at 15 is amazing!!!!!! sister you have truly been blessed by allah swt!! you will be in my duas tonight!! allahu ahkbar!!
you have truly made my day sister thank you!
learning to pray 5 times a day is easy ishalla! i managed it at 16 :) i also soon to be 18.. wearing the hijab is amazing alhumdillia!
may i ask how your family are with you at the moment??
:wasalam:

Saifu deen

Alhamdullah..

Mashallah sister, welcome to TTI, I hope you enjoy your stay.. May Allah bless you for your love for Islam.. Amiin..

Sakeena

I am good with them... they don't like Islam and try to bring me back to Christianity... I refused, and so world war 3 began in my home... my books disapeared, my hijabs stolen, everything was gone... my room was clean of all my furniture!

I know some sisters in GA where I live inshallah...I can't drive though...
I'm almost 18 can I practice openly then?

I don't know my future husband. Marry just to get out of a situation? Is that good??? Help!!

salam alaykoum sister anastasia;

first of all hamdolillah that ALLAH guide you to the truth , soubhana ALLAH that you have converted in such difficult conditions, and ALLAHo AKBAR ( ALLAH is greatest) front of every thing in this world.

second thing i know is difficult to you to show your religion to your parents and i know very well that a lot of problems can begin in futur but dont care because there is one god in this World , one power who can help, you he is near by all the time. pray to ALLAH and ALLAH is listning, pray to ALLAH and ALLAH is watching, pray to ALLAH and he is the most powerful. he is the only one who can resole this difficult start for you.

third thing dont forget to be good with your parents although they are non muslim, but dont follow them in what is versus islam.

fourth thing try to find muslim girls be for telling to mother that you are muslim, because those muslim girls can help you and let you stay with them if there is any problem.

fifth thing is good for you that you marry you futur muslim husband because he will give you alot of help in this situation.

last thing Macha ALLAH for your story and allah help you incha ALLAH.

Adil

OmarTheFrench

I don't know my future husband. Marry just to get out of a situation? Is that good??? Help!!

Don't press the time sister, be exemplary with your parents and they will understand the true message of Islam, like a I done for my parents, its take time but its necessary.

Marry you yo get out of this situation isn't the answer, May Allah helps you insha 'allah.

zarah

Islam
Staff member
I am good with them... they don't like Islam and try to bring me back to Christianity... I refused, and so world war 3 began in my home... my books disapeared, my hijabs stolen, everything was gone... my room was clean of all my furniture!

I know some sisters in GA where I live inshallah...I can't drive though...
I'm almost 18 can I practice openly then?

sis I don`t think you should rush in to thing,Allah (SWT) will help you.

aaliyah1

MASHULLAH

ASALAM ALAYKOM SISTER, MAHULLAH MASHULLAH ALHUMDULLAH YOU ARE IN THE RIGHT PLACE. I AM VERY VERY HAPPY FOR YOU AND MAY ALLAH BLESS YOU AND GUIDE US ALL ON THE RIGHT PATH OF ISLAM, AMIN.
:hearts::hijabi:

FROM YOU LOVING SISTER AHLAM.

Sakeena

I don't understand

SALAMs everyone :)

Nice to mee you all! Ramadan Kareem!!

What??

Why should I tell them about it again? When I've already tried to and they turned Islam down by saying "You can't convert us," Note that that was not what I was trying to do. Simply tried to get my point across insha'Allah.

Sakeena

salam alaykum sister,
welcome to TTI, i hope u will enjoy learning from this wonderful website.feel free to ask any question, brothers and sisters will try to answer them insha allah.

ps: i think u wanted to say you converted in semptember 27th 2004 and not 2007 :)

wassalam

lol I hope u didn't lose sleep over it worrying subhanAllah :)

carpy321

What??

Why should I tell them about it again? When I've already tried to and they turned Islam down by saying "You can't convert us," Note that that was not what I was trying to do. Simply tried to get my point across insha'Allah.

sister.. this is what i said to my parents.. " im muslim and the happiest ive ever been nothing will change that"

my parents reply " ..."

ask them to accept your muslim sister :hijabi:

your brother mika'il

What??

ASA sister,

Try to use the technique of "Show & Tell" You show by being a leading example and portraying the characteristics and behaviors of a Muslim and if they have questions regarding Islam you tell and answer them.

Sometimes it's hard for people to leave their state of jahalil (ignorance) and you really can't do anything about it. It is only through the mercy of Allah swt that they will be able to see the light of Islam. Make dua for them. Dua is the strongest weapon for a Muslim.

Sakeena

No way. If it's a secret, it's a secret! Besides they don't want to hear about it, so I'm not going to bring it up again!

ama6621

Assalam Alaikum,
Sister Sakeena I admire you and all the revert brothers and sisters that live with family and friends who don't understand why their child/relative/friend accepted Islam. I admire you all that put up with much humiliation and an unfriendly/unaccepting atmosphere just to seek the pleasure of Allah. May Allah shower His Blessings and Mercy on you and make things easy for you. Ameen.

I am a born muslim, Alhamdullilah.

Assalam Alaikum