New to this site and to Islam

Nimerah

i am new to Islam and to this site. a friend of mine told me about this site tonight. i reverted to Islam 32 days ago... but who's counting, right? haha ME!

i was raised LDS (Mormon) and then dabbled a little in Wicca in my early adulthood... two and a half years ago, i renounced wicca AND the LDS church and i became "Born Again" Christian... and was baptized last october... about a month ago i stumbled upon a video on youtube about Islam... i was curious, so i watched... two days later, i accepted Islam... however, i do not have anyone to teach me, i am the only Muslim in my town... the nearest masjid is an hour away... my husband does not support this decision and thinks its a "phase" that i will "grow out of"... i just got my first hijab and started to cover, but that's about it... i was directed to this page so i may gain knowledge and possibly meet some people who are close to my area

well that's me in a nutshell, i'm off to bed for the night
thank you for reading. :)

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
AssalaamuAlaikum WRWB,

Praise be the Allah SWT the AllMighty.

May Allah SWT keep on Blessing you this way. :)

Welcome to the site, our reborn sister, :)

Wassalaam

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
AssalaamuAlaikum,

I must say its very vulnerable for you that you do not have much knowledge about Islam yet (as you mentioned). I must refer you some good resources for it:

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=IslamForWomen

Here is an enlightening video of a charismatic revert to Islam (He explains what is real Islam about):
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8888235112692728009

Is the Qur'an God's Word?
http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=zakir+naik+quran+-bible+word+gods+part

Is Bible True Word of God? (Debate between a Muslim and a Christian Scholar)
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4058605158253427977

Is Jesus God? (Debate between a Muslim and a Christian Scholar)
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=961180591411776337

Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) Mentioned by Name in the Bible.
http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=muhammad+bible+deedat+company

Islamic History of Europe (BBC Documentary) (Please have memory longer than the last 50 or 100 years):
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4948121296578586703

A deep Historical Perspective of Muslims (by Ben Kingsley)
http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=islam+empire+islamicvideos+-lion

And finally, to listen Quran and its translation online:

http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran

I strongly recommend you to immediately go through these resources in your free time. You should at least watch the videos first. It will take few hours. Then you can gradually increase your knowledge about Islam.

My only advice to you is that: "It's about Islam, not about Muslims". Islam is complete and perfect, Muslims are not. (please watch the historical videos about Muslims I referred above).

Wassalaam

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
One more thing,

If you are wearing Niqab also (conver on face) then:
You need to better build up your knowledge about Islam and strengthen your faith, instead of bring so openly under the people's notice that you suddenly started doing everything very odd (in their eyes)

It is very is important that you cover your body modesltly, but in my personal opinion (according to what you have mentioned) , at the moment its not obligation for you to cover the face too. Why is that? It is because you dont yet have enough knowledge about Islam and when you wear Hijab, then actually you will be inviting their massive pressure on you to argue and justify about why you converted to Islam and they might force you to leave Islam. (I dont know about your situation of pressure, but most of people face a lot of pressure from their relatives and friends).

One more thing, You do not need to argue with people about Christianity or about why you reverted to Islam. Just quietly learn about Islam first, then InshaAllah you will have enough knowledge and learning to defend your Faith.

And BTW, "AssalaamuAlaikum" means "Peace be on you"

And at the end of message "WaAlaikumussalaam" means "and, Peace be on you"

But is must be difficult for you to spell these greetings, so there is a short way, you can just say "Salaam" at the start and at the end of message, :)

WassalaamuAlaikum.

Nazihah

Be A Stranger
Assalamualaikum Sister,

MashaAllah..
Welcome to Islam & to the Family!
InshaAllah you'll benefit from this site & enjoy it here.
If you have any questions or doubts, don't hesitate to ask us. InshaAllah, we'll try our best in helping you out.
Take care.

Southrn_Muslimah

bnqɯnɥ 'ɥɐq

:salam2: Sister.

Allahu akhbar! Welcome to the site and to the ummah. May Allah (swt) make your journery a beautiful one :)

The site offers great videos of converts. I watch them all the time for a boost of deen (sounds like a drink lol). Again welcome and don't be shy asking questions.

:wasalam:
Sarah

IbnAlAawam

:salam2:

Alhamdulillah. Welcome home sister.

PS: do you have a link to the video that made you think about accepting Islam?

Happy 2BA Muslim

Islamophilic
:salam2: Sister,

Welcome to your new family on-line!!! Welcome to TTI!

We`re happy to have you with us. We are all your Brothers and Sisters, and willing to help you in any way.

Salam

falomar

i am new to Islam and to this site. a friend of mine told me about this site tonight. i reverted to Islam 32 days ago... but who's counting, right? haha ME!

i was raised LDS (Mormon) and then dabbled a little in Wicca in my early adulthood... two and a half years ago, i renounced wicca AND the LDS church and i became "Born Again" Christian... and was baptized last october... about a month ago i stumbled upon a video on youtube about Islam... i was curious, so i watched... two days later, i accepted Islam... however, i do not have anyone to teach me, i am the only Muslim in my town... the nearest masjid is an hour away... my husband does not support this decision and thinks its a "phase" that i will "grow out of"... i just got my first hijab and started to cover, but that's about it... i was directed to this page so i may gain knowledge and possibly meet some people who are close to my area

You DO have a spiritual need.....so DO I...(changing from ones believe to another)....May you find the true that fulfills your life....:)

true believer

Salaamualaikum!

I am also a revert... by the way... it is a misnomer to say convert to Islam... Revert is the proper term since all baby's upon birth are Muslims... they just change their religion as they grow up because of their parents and or the society.

Welcome sister... and may your stay here benefit your iman and deed...

All praise is due to Allah alone and may HE Bless us all and our families included... AMeen!

aisha16

Assalam Allaykum Wa Ra Matullahi Wa Barakatu

Welcome to this site and Islam. You will find Islam a beautiful religion and also this site is very good. Insha'Allah Allah will increase you in iman and knowledge about this deen....

Ma Saalam

nasiruyola

SALAM,
MAY THE MERCIFUL LORD OF HAVEN AND EARTH BESTOW HIS FAVOURS ON YOU, YOUR FAMILY AND HUSBAND.
PLEASE FOLLOW THE ADVICES GIVEN TO YOU AND BY THE WILL OF THE MERCIFUL LORD OF JESUS, MARY, MUHAMMAD..........ADAM......, YOU WILL TRIUMPH IN THIS LIFE AND IN THE NEXT

Nimerah; said:

Imasoa

Salaams from me too!

After reading your post, I can see why your hubby would think you're just in a new phase-your journey to the Truth was an amazing, and probably difficult one. My family told me I would grow out of my Islamic phase 27 years ago! It's important that your actions speak loudly but gently to show all the people in your life that your newfound belief in the Oneness of Allah is here to stay. I think it's safe to say, that we all here, will be making dua (supplication to Allah) that He will guide your husband to Islam. You yourself should be asking Allah for this blessing as well.
I happen to know a Muslim sister in Washington State who recently left Riyadh. If you want to PM me, I could tell you the city!
Be well & treasure your new blessings.

Nimerah

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE WONDERFUL WELCOME AND KIND WORDS! :)
I LOOK FORWARD TO GETTING TO KNOW YOU ALL AND INCREASING MY KNOWLEGE IN ISLAM.

Salaams from me too!

After reading your post, I can see why your hubby would think you're just in a new phase-your journey to the Truth was an amazing, and probably difficult one. My family told me I would grow out of my Islamic phase 27 years ago! It's important that your actions speak loudly but gently to show all the people in your life that your newfound belief in the Oneness of Allah is here to stay. I think it's safe to say, that we all here, will be making dua (supplication to Allah) that He will guide your husband to Islam. You yourself should be asking Allah for this blessing as well.
I happen to know a Muslim sister in Washington State who recently left Riyadh. If you want to PM me, I could tell you the city!
Be well & treasure your new blessings.

I am not able to PM you, is there a way you can PM me??

OmarTheFrench

:salam2: and MAshallah sister,

But If I can give you an advice(I'm too a revert), don't be too quick, I have see many brothers be discouraged because of an excess of zeal, take time to understand the beautiful message of god and take advice to the right people.

Julie1134

Salam sister and welcome to Islam I am very happy for you. I am also a convert to Islam since Aug. 2006. At first my husband did not like the idea but glory be to God he finally understands and accepts my choice. Don't worry if you don't have all the answers to the many questions I am sure you will get. At first I was in tears because I did not know how to answer the many questions I got. Just tell them that you are new to Islam and will try your best to find the answer for them. Watch out what you read online and make sure it is a true Islamic site because so much false information is spread about the internet. I am 2 hours from the mosque. I wish there was one closer. I also wanted to become Muslim after watching many of the videos on youtube. The one that really brought me to tears and made me want to accept Islam was this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58jpmpT_wco

Julie1134

Salam sister and welcome to Islam I am very happy for you. I am also a convert to Islam since Aug. 2006. At first my husband did not like the idea but glory be to God he finally understands and accepts my choice. Don't worry if you don't have all the answers to the many questions I am sure you will get. At first I was in tears because I did not know how to answer the many questions I got. Just tell them that you are new to Islam and will try your best to find the answer for them. Watch out what you read online and make sure it is a true Islamic site because so much false information is spread about the internet. I am 2 hours from the mosque. I wish there was one closer. I also wanted to become Muslim after watching many of the videos on youtube. The one that really brought me to tears and made me want to accept Islam was this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58jpmpT_wco