Nightmares! Please help! AGHHH!

Sweet Insanity

90's Child
lol ok ok im 14! i swear i should be dreaming about ponys in la la land!
over the past few weeks i wont stop having nightmares! i mean i know that 80% of ur dreams are nightmares but most u dont remember! do u know like what food and stuff i need to cut back on before i go to sleep (and please dont say sugar, how r u supposed to sleep with sugar in your system? lol)

Removed...

God Bless
Sweet Insanity

Nazihah

Be A Stranger
Assalmualaikum dear Sister,

Read the 3 Quls before going off to bed. They are Surah Ikhlas, Surah Al-Falaq & Suran An-Nas. There's a hadith that Prophet Muhammad s.a.w did it and advise us to do it. InshaAllah, later I'll post the hadith or someone else here would. I've been reciting the surahs before going to bed, and alhamdulillah, I do not encounter such bad dream anymore.

And also make dua before going to bed asking Allah to bless you with a good dream and seek refuge in Allah from any bad dreams.

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum.

That is good advice, reading the 3 Quls as well as the other authentic supplications prior to sleeping. Check out the site, www.makedua.com and look for the du`aat to read before going to bed. Sister I removed much of your post as the Messenger of Allaah, sal-Allaahu `alayhi wasallam told us not to spread our bad dreams as they are from Shaytaan.

Inshaa' Allaah these dreams will cease and be replaced with good ones. I believe the correct thing to do upon waking up from a bad dream is to seek refuge (isti`aadhah) in Allaah from Shaytaan and to spit to your left thrice. Check the same site and the proof will be there inshaa' Allaah. If I have erred I will edit my post lol.

khadeejaq8

salam alaikum

Asking Allah(swt) and reciting the 3 Suras helps!
When you wake up spit to your left 3x. Seek refuge in Allah from the Devil and from the evil of what you have seen 3x, don't speak about it to anyone. Turn over on your other side.
(Muslim 4/1772)
The Prophet(saw) advised us also to sleep on our right side!

iislam4ever

Servant of Allah 247
:salam2: sis, you no its not permissible for us to talk about our bad dreams because its from Shytaan. the good dreams are from Allaah so we only tell to those who we love or turst.

Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “If any one of you sees a dream that he likes, this is from Allaah, so let him praise Allaah for it and talk about it to others. If he sees other than that, a dream that he dislikes, this is from the Shaytaan, so let him seek refuge with Allaah from its evil and not mention it to anyone, for it will not harm him.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 6584, and Muslim, 5862).

since you get bad dreams you should say this:
I take refuge in perfect words of Allaah from His anger and punishment and from evil of His servants and from the madness and appearance of devils. (Muslim 1/534)

Once you’re awake do this:
spit on your left 3 times

Seek refuge in Allaah from shytaan and the evil of what you saw.

Do no relate to anyone

Turn and sleep on the opposite side to which you were sleeping previously

Get up and pray if you so desire

(Abu Daawud 1/203, Muslim 1/420)

Sweet Insanity

90's Child
As-salaamu `alaykum.

That is good advice, reading the 3 Quls as well as the other authentic supplications prior to sleeping. Check out the site, www.makedua.com and look for the du`aat to read before going to bed. Sister I removed much of your post as the Messenger of Allaah, sal-Allaahu `alayhi wasallam told us not to spread our bad dreams as they are from Shaytaan.

Inshaa' Allaah these dreams will cease and be replaced with good ones. I believe the correct thing to do upon waking up from a bad dream is to seek refuge (isti`aadhah) in Allaah from Shaytaan and to spit to your left thrice. Check the same site and the proof will be there inshaa' Allaah. If I have erred I will edit my post lol.

I actually have been doing that since I was 8 years old... my parents always told me to do it...
and i also wear a necklace with Allah (SWT)'s name and a surah from the Quraan thats supposed to keep u safe...
for some reason, its stop working...

i havnt stopped believing... its just stopped working..

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
I actually have been doing that since I was 8 years old... my parents always told me to do it...
and i also wear a necklace with Allah (SWT)'s name and a surah from the Quraan thats supposed to keep u safe...

salam aleikum
a surah from the Quraan thats supposed to keep u safe...

Sister That is wrong ... we dont ware necklaces with Quran ayats or surahs in order to protect us...
Let me go find a fatwa about this for u inshaAllah

waaleikum salam

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
salam aleikum
Please sister read this :) inshaAllah it will be beneficial for u ...

Praise be to Allaah.

With regard to wearing Qur’aanic verses or certain shapes, Imaam Ahmad narrated in his Musnad from ‘Uqbah ibn ‘Aamir (may Allaah be pleased with him)

that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever wears an amulet, may Allaah not fulfil his need, and whoever wears seashells [for protection from the evil eye] may Allaah not protect him.” According to another report, a group came to the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and he accepted the bay’ah [allegiance] of nine of them, but not from one of them. They said, “O Messenger of Allaah, you accepted the bay’ah of nine and not from this one.” He said, “He is wearing an amulet.”
Then he took it in his hand and broke it, and the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) accepted his bay’ah. He said, “Whoever wears an amulet is guilty of shirk.” (From Fataawa al-‘Ayn wa’l-Hasad, p. 277)

Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

Question:
Two years ago, On my wife's request, I had prepared an amulet consisting of Quranic verses that she wore.I now looked at question 11788. The answer said that it is SHIRK to do so. Since I was not aware that amulets are considered SHIRK, am I still guilty of SHIRK? Please advise.

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah.

If an amulet is made with something other than Qur’aan or du’aa’s narrated from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), or if it contains symbols, mumbo-jumbo and strange words that cannot be understood, then there is scholarly consensus that it is haraam and constitutes shirk. But if the amulet is made with Qur’aan or du’aa’s narrated from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), then there is a difference of opinion among the salaf, but the correct view is that it is haraam. See question no. 10543.

The scholars of the Standing Committee said:

The scholars are agreed that it is haraam to wear amulets if they are made with anything other than Qur’aan, but they differed concerning those that are made with Qur’aan. Some said that it is permissible to wear them and some said that that is not permissible. The view that it is not allowed is more likely to be correct because of the general meaning of the ahaadeeth, and so as to prevent the means that may lead to shirk.

Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 1/212

So you and your wife who asked you for this amulet should remove it straight away and burn it. You said that you did that and you did not know that it was shirk, so you are not to be regarded as a mushrik or a sinner because of this action, since you did not deliberately commit an act of sin. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And there is no sin on you concerning that in which you made a mistake, except in regard to what your hearts deliberately intend”

[al-Ahzaab 33:5]

“Our Lord! Punish us not if we forget or fall into error”

[al-Baqarah 2:286]

And the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “My ummah is excused for their mistakes, what they forget and what they are forced to do.”

This evidence indicates that whoever commits a sin but does not know it is a sin, is not to blame, and that Allaah has forgiven him.

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
salam aleikum
Sister I hope u like reading :D
sorry I just think its very informative :D

Question:
How can we cure nightmares ?

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

1. Dreams that disturb a person and keep him awake come from the Shaytaan. In general, the dreams that people see are either good dreams which come from Allaah, a reflection of things which a person is thinking about, or a third type, which are dreams that come from the Shaytaan.

It was reported from Abu Hurayrah that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Towards the end of time, hardly any dreams that the Muslim sees will not come true. The one whose dreams are the most truthful will be the one whose speech is the most honest. The dreams of the Muslim form one of the forty-five parts of Prophecy. Dreams are of three types: the good dream which is good news from Allaah; dreams which cause distress, which come from the Shaytaan; and dreams concerning matters which a person is thinking about…” (Narrated by Muslim, 2263)

2. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) told us how to rid ourselves of the influence of Shaytaan during sleep. This can be achieved by reciting verses from the Qur’aan and du’aa’s narrated from him, before going to sleep.

It was reported that Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) put me in charge of guarding the zakaah of Ramadaan. Someone came and started to scatter the food. I took hold of him and said, ‘I will take you to the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).’… He said, ‘When you go to bed, recite Aayat al-Kursi and you will be protected by Allaah, and no shaytaan (devil) will come near you until morning.’ The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, ‘He told you the truth even though he is a liar. That was a shaytaan.’” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 3101).

(b) It was reported that Abu Mas’ood al-Badri (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘The last two aayahs of Soorat al-Baqarah – whoever recites them at night, they will be sufficient for him.’” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 3786; Muslim, 807).

Al-Nawawi said: “Concerning the phrase, ‘The last two aayahs of Soorat al-Baqarah – whoever recites them at night, they will be sufficient for him’, it was said that it means, they will be sufficient for him instead of praying qiyaam al-layl, or as protection from Shaytaan, or as protection from vermin. It could mean all of these things.”

(Sharh Muslim, 6/91, 92).

(c) It was reported that ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) said: “When the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) went to his bed, he would blow into his hands and recite Qul Huwa Allaahu Ahad (Soorah 112) and the Mi’wadhatayn (Soorahs 113 and 114). Then he would wipe his hands over his face and his body, as far as they could reach.” ‘Aa’ishah said: “When he fell ill, He would ask me to do that for him.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5416; Muslim, 2192)

(d) It was reported that Abu Hurayrah said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to tell us, when any one of us wanted to sleep, to lie on his right side, then say ‘Allaahumma Rabb al-samaawaati wa Rabb al-ard wa Rabb al-‘Arsh il-‘Azeem, Rabbana wa Rabba kulli shay’in, faaliq al-habb wa’l-nawa wa munazzil al-Tawraata wa’l-Injeeli wa’l-Furaan, a’oodhu bika min sharri kulli shay’in anta aakhidhun bi naasiyatihi. Allaahumma anta al-awwal fa laysa qablaka shay’un, wa anta al-aakhir fa laysa ba’daka shay’un. Wa anta al-zaahir fa laysa fawqaka shay’un wa anta al-baatin fa laysa doonaka shay’un. Iqdi ‘annaa al-dayna wa aghninaa min al-faqr (O Allaah, Lord of the heavens and the earth, and Lord of the Mighty Throne, our Lord and Lord of all things, Splitter of the seed and the date stone, Revealer of the Tawraat (Torah), the Injeel (Gospel) and the Furqaan (Qur’aan), I seek refuge in You from the evil of all things that You will seize by the forelock [i.e., have full control over them]. O Allaah, You are the First and there is nothing before You; You are the Last and there is nothing after You. You are the Manifest (al-Zaahir) and there is nothing above You; You are the Hidden (al-Baatin) and there is nothing beyond You. Settle our debt and spare us from poverty).’” (Narrated by Muslim, 2713).

(e) It was reported that Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “Abu Bakr said: ‘O Messenger of Allaah, teach me something that I can say in the morning and in the evening.’ He said: ‘Say, Allaahumma ‘Aalim al-ghaybi wa’l-shahaadah, Faatir al-samawaati wa’l-ard, Rabba kulli shay’in wa maleekahu, ashhadu an laa ilaaha illa anta. A’oodhi bika min sharri nafsi wa min sharr il-shaytaan wa shirkih (O Allaah, Knower of the seen and the unseen, Creator of the heavens and the earth, Lord and Sovereign of all things, I bear witness that there is no god except You. I seek refuge in You from the evil of my own self and from the evil and shirk of the Shaytaan). Say this in the morning and in the evening, and when you go to bed.’” (Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 3392; Abu Dawood, 5067).

3. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) also taught us what to do when someone sees something unpleasant in a dream and wakes up as a result. That is: to spit drily to the left, to seek refuge with Allaah from the Shaytaan, to change the side on which one was sleeping, and to pray if one wishes.

(a) It was reported that Abu Qutaadah said: “The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘Good dreams come from Allaah and bad dreams come from the Shaytaan. If any one of you sees a bad dream which makes him afraid, let him spit drily to his left and seek refuge with Allaah from its evil, then it will not harm him.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 3118; Muslim, 2261).

(b) It was reported from Jaabir that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “If any one of you sees a dream that he dislikes, let him spit drily to his left three time, and seek refuge with Allaah from the Shaytaan three times, and change the side on which he was sleeping.” (narrated by Muslim, 2262).

(c) It was reported that Abu Hurayrah said: “The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘If any one of you sees something that he dislikes (in a dream), let him get up and pray, and not tell people about it.’” (narrated by Muslim, 2263)

If the Muslim follows this advice given by the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), before he goes to bed, it is hoped that no shaytaan will come anywhere near him, and if he follows this advice when he wakes up from a bad dream, it will take away all anxiety and distress from him.

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
salam aleikum

Sister That is wrong ... we dont ware necklaces with Quran ayats or surahs in order to protect us...
Let me go find a fatwa about this for u inshaAllah

waaleikum salam
I think the Sister is referring to a Tabees, something that Huzurs or Muqti Shaebs give to people who have bad reams or people who scream and yekk from their sleep.

That's what I used to do, I use to wake up from my sleep (I never had a clue what I did when I woke up in the morning, I didn't even know I got out of bed), and my mom said that I would start screaming in a shreik and get out of bed and start jumping on my bed or wlaking; I terrified my parents, and when I did that the second night I was in Bangladesh, my uncle took me to the local Madrashah and asked the Headmaster Huzur to give me a Tabess (The Headmaster was an Alim and Scholar).

I've also meant to ask if wearing a Tabees is Halal or not, since I heard that wearing stuff to protect you from Jinn or from being posessed could be HAraam and Shirk.

Marwa17

ya it would be considered shirk
since your only supposed to put faith in allah and that he will protect you...
so by thinking that the ACT of wearing the necklace (or w/e a tabees might turn out to be...uh, what is it exactly?) is kind of thinking that something else other than allah will protect you

shirk is a very dangerous thing
the prophet (SAW) described it as: a black ant on a black stone in a dark night

so we must be really careful...sometimes, we think it's innocent; but it turns outot be wrong
which is scary
may allah protect us...ameen

i didnt know wearing those things like tabees was shirk ...i think they have duas from the Quran in them if im not mistaken

Sweet Insanity

90's Child
Are you sure it's not all the men with guns and people being blown up that's giving you nightmare little sis? :(

lol
they are my night mares..
dead bodies in ditches, being gassed to death, having a Napalm bomb blown at me and being burnt to death...
lol yup... and always wake up just b4 i die...

oh yea um... i dreamt of the devil last night... im scared... doesnt that mean im going to hell?

Sweet Insanity

90's Child
ya it would be considered shirk
since your only supposed to put faith in allah and that he will protect you...
so by thinking that the ACT of wearing the necklace (or w/e a tabees might turn out to be...uh, what is it exactly?) is kind of thinking that something else other than allah will protect you

shirk is a very dangerous thing
the prophet (SAW) described it as: a black ant on a black stone in a dark night

so we must be really careful...sometimes, we think it's innocent; but it turns outot be wrong
which is scary
may allah protect us...ameen

ok people are taking it the wrong way...
im not wearing it in order to be lazy and not have to say the Surah..
the thing is i dont know it off by heart.. so ive got it to read where ever i go :)
its like carying a Quraan with u...

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
lol
they are my night mares..
dead bodies in ditches, being gassed to death, having a Napalm bomb blown at me and being burnt to death...
lol yup... and always wake up just b4 i die...

oh yea um... i dreamt of the devil last night... im scared... doesnt that mean im going to hell?

salam aleikum
Sister dont tell your BAD DREAMS to anybody

waaleikum salam

sabrina maouche

please help me sis answer this question for me inshallah

asalaamwalikum em i also have dreams but i dont know if there good or bad i dream of two issues almost everyday 1st is that im in a situation and i try to resite diffrent surahs to protect me and i cant because i do not know them ..and a man dressed in white visited me in my dream and told me i must pray ..i do pray but honestly i do slip from time to time may allah save me..and then i try to resite surahs and then a wave of fire comes on me because i cant say any surahs??what could this be? 2end is..that im always having fears of water im drowing..there great floods massive waves like tsunamis etc plase help im sure what any of these mean but i wake up very upset salaam:tti_sister:

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
salam aleikum
Sisters please read this hadith

Narrated by Abu Sa'id Al-khudri: 87:114

The Prophet said, "If anyone of you sees a dream that he likes, then it is from Allah, and he should thank Allah for it and narrate it to others; but if he sees something else, i.e, a dream that he dislikes, then it is from Satan, and he should seek refuge with Allah from its evil and he should not mention it to anybody for it will not harm him."

waaleikum salam

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
salam aleikum
well I do suffer from nightmares too after something happened with me a year ago ,but I started reading 3 Quls and ayat al Kursi before sleeping and hamdulillah it became much better.We should also recite 2 last verses of Surah Al Baqara and dua before sleeping ...

Remembrance before sleeping

When retiring to his bed every night the Prophet (PBUH) would hold his palms together spit in them (A form of spitting comprising mainly of air with little spittle) and recite the last three chapters of the Quran and then wipe over his entire body as far as possible with his hands beginning with his head and face and then all the parts of his body .He would do this three times .
The Prophet (PBUH) also said ,"Whoever recites the last 2 verses of surah Al-Baqara at night,these 2 verses shall be sufficient for him...