Nightmares! Please help! AGHHH!

samiha

---------
Staff member
Assalamu alaykum

To Abdul Hasib : Taweese/Tabeez are Haraam. No doubt about it at all.

i didnt know wearing those things like tabees was shirk ...i think they have duas from the Quran in them if im not mistaken

Doesnt matter really as I see it. What is the Quran? It comes from a word meaning "to read" or "recite". It can provide protection by the one reading or reciting it. But just wearing it as an adornment? And besides, it is the word of Allah. These people tell you to wear it everywhere at all times... even to the restroom/bathroom! Can you imagine? Where's the respect to the Quran?

But the main thing is. Some people who sell these are such liars (who sell them -whether intentionally or not) or as mentioned incredibly ignorant and misguided. You can tell me you got it from the highest Maulana or Shaykh or whatever in your land, and i'll say May Allah guide them! I dare you to open it. My father has opened two of them. What is inside are like Naqshibandi squares, numbers, even Urdu writing, not Quran even. So it's a lie many many times.

And aside from that, people then go and put faith and trust in them aside from Allah. Perhaps they leave their house, "I have a tabeez, it will protect me"... Did you not just equate the attribute of protection to other than Allah? Is that not making shirk with Him?

We need to be educated on Tawheed first and foremost, and shirk and its minor and major aspects, in order that we stay away from these areas and also keep others among us away from them. For Shirk is one of the scariest sins, which is never forgiven, and the one initiating it or spreading it should fear for himself, for he has then the sin of all the people who do it after him.

:( I fear the loss of understanding. In the time of the Sahabah, if anyone was seen to wear any type of amulet another would come and strictly cut it off. In our times, people would get offeneded. The maulana gave me this for protection! Does the maulana have a power Allah does not? Does the tabeez have a power that Allah does not? Then why seek intermidatories?

From Kitaab at-Tawheed : Chapter Eight

Ibn Mas'ud (May Allah be pleased with him) narrated that he heard Allah's Messenger (May the peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) saying:

"Ar-Ruqa, At-Tama'im and At-Tiwalah are all acts of Shirk (polytheism)," (Musnad Ahmad; Abu Dawud)

At-Tama'im is the act of putting an amulet around the necks of children to save them from the effects of evil eye! If the amulet contains the verses of the Qur'an or Allah's Names or Attributes then it is allowed by some ancestors and disallowed by some. Ibn Mas'ud (May Allah be pleased with him) was among those who disapproved it,

Ar-Ruqa or Al-Aza'im is the act of reciting incantations, charm etc. Those are allowed in which there is no trace of Shirk (polytheism), Prophet Muhammad (May the peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) has permitted it in case of being bitten by poisonous insects or disturbed under the effect of an evil eye, At-Tiwalah (bewitchment) is something done by those who claim they can cause a woman to be more beloved by her husband or vice-versa.

Abdullah bin Ukaim narrated the following Marfu’ Hadith:

"Whoever uses, attaches or wears a talisman to himself, will have that talisman put in charge of him" (Ahmad & Trimidhi)

Ahmad reported the tradition of Ruwaifi' (May Allah be pleased with him) who said that Allah's Messenger (May the peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) said to him:
"O Ruwaifi', it may be that you will live a longer time after me, so inform people that whoever ties a knot in his beard, places any string or cord around the neck (as a charm), or cleans himself (after toilet) with animal dung or bone, then Muhammad (May the peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) has disowned him (has nothing to do with him)."

Sa'id bin Jubair said:
"Whoever cut an amulet or talisman from anyone, it would be equal to liberating a slave."

It was Waki', who recorded it and he reported from Ibrahim Nakh'i that they used to dislike every type of amulets and talismans whether that contained the verses of Qur'an or anything else, [They were the companions of Abdullah bin Mas'ud (May Allah be pleased with him)

It was narrated from ‘Uqbah ibn ‘Aamir al-Juhani that a group of people came to the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), and he accepted the allegiance of nine and refrained from accepting the allegiance of one. They said: “O Messenger of Allaah, you accepted the allegiance of nine and not this one.” He said: “He is wearing an amulet.” He put his hand in and took it off, then he accepted his allegiance, and said: “Whoever uses an amulet has committed shirk (has associated partners with Allaah).” Narrated by Ahmad, 16969. This hadeeth was classed as saheeh by Shaykh al-Albaani in al-Silsilah al-Saheehah, 492.

Question:
Is it permissible to recite the Qur'an over a piece of string, etc, and tie that over a child's wrist to protect him from the evil eye or other diseases?
Alternatively, is it permissible to place Qur'anic Ayat in a small metal capsule and tie it over the wrist of Muslims to serve as protection from the evil eye or mishaps.
People in my community do both of this very frequently. They get the local masjid imam to provide the service. I do not want to do this for my child unless there is a sound basis for it in the Shari'ah.
Please help me find out the truth.

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

It is not permissible to tie this string or any other kind of amulets. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever hangs up an amulet, may Allaah not fulfil his need.”

And he said: “Whoever hangs up anything will be abandoned to its care,” and, “Whoever hangs up an amulet has committed shirk.”

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) commanded us to tear away these things, as stated in the hadeeth narrated from ‘Imraan ibn Husayn, which says that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) saw a man on whose hand was a bracelet of brass. He said, “What is this bracelet?” He said, “It is to prevent weakness.” He said, “Take it off, for it will only make you more weak.” This was narrated by Ibn Maajah.

Shaykh Waleed al-Firyaan

~~~ Among others... so be very careful.

wasalam

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOING BERSERK GOING BERSERK!!!!!!!!!!!! DEPRESSION STATUS: INCREASING!!!!!!

ShyHijabi

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOING BERSERK GOING BERSERK!!!!!!!!!!!! DEPRESSION STATUS: INCREASING!!!!!!

Salaam,

Any reason why you posted this comment to a almost three month old thread?

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
I don't know why, it's just proabably emations. 1. IT's been for over 3 months (as you can see LoL) nad 2. I'm late as HELL.

Sorry if I scared ya sis. :D

Gosh, I need sister Isra............gonna.... gonna... *drops dead in hopelessness and anxiety*