Niqab. Mandatory or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
the problem i have with muslims today is that they try to rationalize their deeds by bending the Islamic rules. the Islamic ruling on all aspects of the daily life are very clear. if you want to follow them please do so, but dont force them onto others. If you dont want to follow then please dont, BUT DONT play scrabble with quraan or hadith to arrive at an interpretation to suit your needs.

Asalamu allaicum wa raahmatullah wa baraktuhu

I agree with you dear brother mashallah, because it is very sad to see that some non practising Muslims are saying, even claiming that " something is not from Quran and Sunnah", even you bring them proofs. Only because they do not practise Islaam so much, they are trying to change words of Allah, or Prophet Mohammed s.a.w.s, Astagfirullah. We all are one Ummah and we need to say the truth for the sake of Allah and Islaam, and we need to guide each others on the kind way, because those words are touching the hearts the most.

It is very sad to hear that now Belgium has bann Niqab, which is against Islam,and against Muslim women who wish to wear niqab for the sake of Allah and Islaam.But what is more sad is that this is only begining, but at least we pray to Allah that they will not bann hijab, which mostly of Schoolars think it is fard, and it would couse so much harm to Muslim women who wear hijab.

We should disccuss about this problem,and not discuss so much is niqab fard, or only Sunnah, or even to see statments that niqab was not practise in the time of our Prophet Mohammed s.a.w.s., while it was practise Alhamdulillah. Mostly Scoolars agree that hijab is fard, while some Schoolars think that niqab is fard, from other side other Schoolrs agree that niqab is Sunnah only and volontery deed, and Allah knows the best.

We as Muslims need to support hijab and niqab too, does not metter if we do not agree is niqab fard or not.

May Allah help our sisters in belgium and guide us all.

:wasalam:

Aisha hussain..

seeking knowledge
If I can write little bit more as well : Each one of us will stand face to face with ALLAH. If you do not wish to wear hijab (or other ones, who name i properly not know yet), than that will be only your responsibility. Somehow I understand the men/ husband who is willing to make daughter or wife wear the hijab. As far as I know - them also will need to say ALLAH why they didn't wear the hijab (if I am wrong please correct me). The same- why we cover our hair, when we hear the adhan? Respect! Why we perform our prayers? To safe us from the Hell! Why we choose Islam? Because it says all! Than really I agree above- (in red color).

May ALLAH show us the straight path.Amen.:SMILY259:

mashallah i agree with both of you brother and sister :

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

It has been discussed quite a few times regarding the ruling of niqaab/burqaa/purdah here in TTI from different scholarly opinions, so we might want to check back on those threads.

It is true that even if you are a hijaabi/niqaabi, ignorant men will still bug you especially those men who seem to be "desperate" - Sorry for the straight-forward word. However, at some point, wearing niqaab makes one feels much more secure. Your body, your face or lets just say all of your beauties are veil, hidden from the views of others. But of course, it depends on the individual to wears it lillahi Ta'ala; solely for Allaah's sake.

As for women who are too beautiful (as in physically because everyone is actually beautiful in their own ways), well it depends on her whether she wants to wear niqaab or not. At least, if she wears a niqaab, she can veil her beautiful face that Allaah has perfected to such woman. Men can't take off their eyes from looking at beautiful women (face specifically), so if a woman veils everything, there's nothing to be seen. If they still bug,disturbs or whistles at you, man...they really are desperate! Lol.

It was known that the Ummu al-AlMukmineen (The Mothers of Believers, wives of Prophet Muhammad sallallahu a'lahi wa salam) used to wear niqaab. But in the end, it is fully our choice, one's own firm choice to make a big decision such as wearing a niqaab.

I pray that may Allaah keep firm the hearts of those wearing niqaab as well as hijaabs so that whatever that we do, it is based on how Allaah commands us to do.

Waa'laykummusalam wa rahmatullah.

arzafar

If I can write little bit more as well : Each one of us will stand face to face with ALLAH. If you do not wish to wear hijab (or other ones, who name i properly not know yet), than that will be only your responsibility. Somehow I understand the men/ husband who is willing to make daughter or wife wear the hijab. As far as I know - them also will need to say ALLAH why they didn't wear the hijab (if I am wrong please correct me). The same- why we cover our hair, when we hear the adhan? Respect! Why we perform our prayers? To safe us from the Hell! Why we choose Islam? Because it says all! Than really I agree above- (in red color).

May ALLAH show us the straight path.Amen.:SMILY259:

actually sister you dont have to cover your hair for the adhan. This is an innovated practice.

Men have a 'hijab' too; it is to keep fairly long beards. so they will be asked about that. In fact there has been a difference in opinion about the veil for women but there is absolutely no difference of opinion about the beard amongst up until the 20th century.

revert2007

Love Fishing
Assalamualikum.This topic has been well spoken on TTI and please search for the similar topics before creating a new one.

There are 2 different opinions and both agree if there is fitnah then cover your face.Fitnah here means even if the woman wears hijab,yet men are attracted to her because ALlah created her so beautiful.Then cover the face(wear niqab) as that is the best solution.

When there are 2 different opinions,then we are allowed to choose which ever suits us the best.Just because someone is wearing niqab,you cannot go around and tell others who do not wear niqab commit sins and if you do not wear niqab,you cannot go around and tell those wear niqab are extremist and terrorist.

Ask yourself why do you want to wear niqab or why you do not want to wear niqab.Whatever the reason is,Allah knows your intention and each and everyone of us will be judged individually.So please do not ever force your rules or your practise on others.You may encourage and adviced.But that is all you can do and not more than that by judging others.

We have free will to choose whatever we like.

Something very clearly mentioned in Quran is the Hijab and if one do not wear hijab,yes she commit sins.But when it comes to niqab,many scholars have many views as it is not clearly mentioned in Quran whether it is obligatory or not.

I guess this answer the question in sha Allah and I request the moderator to close this thread before further arguments.
Allah knows the best.
Assalamualikum.

revert2007

Love Fishing
Assalamu'alaykum

Is it necessary to cover ones hair when you hear the Adhaan? Really? Since when?
Assalamualikum.I belive that sister is a revert and someone might have gave her wrong information.We do not need to cover our hair during athan .All we need to do is answer the athan and make suplication after athan.Allah knows the best.Assalamualikum. :)

4mMadara2Amina

Assalamu'alaykum

Is it necessary to cover ones hair when you hear the Adhaan? Really? Since when?

Sometimes I really got really mad!!! I have said- correct me if I was wrong! Yes, I am revert. I learn what people around teach me. I can't know everything in the same time. As I heard to wear the vail while adhan is- for the respect. No one has made is as a rule! And even if it is not I am feeling I wish to do it as far as my husband have told me this (he is muslim since birth)

By the way I really feel that TTI lately has been changed. Pluss... More less about Islam. So do I hear from muslim sisters from my side. I don't feel such good even say my opinion. Better to simply be quiet :girl3:

arzafar

Sometimes I really got really mad!!! I have said- correct me if I was wrong! Yes, I am revert. I learn what people around teach me. I can't know everything in the same time. As I heard to wear the vail while adhan is- for the respect. No one has made is as a rule! And even if it is not I am feeling I wish to do it as far as my husband have told me this (he is muslim since birth)

By the way I really feel that TTI lately has been changed. Pluss... More less about Islam. So do I hear from muslim sisters from my side. I don't feel such good even say my opinion. Better to simply be quiet :girl3:

no sister im sure it was a mistake. We are humans. we can make mistakes. Plus you are anew muslimah so dont worry just keep learning and then advice others.

at least you learnt something new about islam. you dont have to cover your hair for the adhan. maybe you can share this new info with your husband so that he learns it too.

4mMadara2Amina

no sister im sure it was a mistake. We are humans. we can make mistakes. Plus you are anew muslimah so dont worry just keep learning and then advice others.

at least you learnt something new about islam. you dont have to cover your hair for the adhan. maybe you can share this new info with your husband so that he learns it too.

Thank you so much brother :tti_sister: Will do so for sure.

muharram23

Staff member
Salamu alaykum

indeed this is a misunderstanding. Alot if women think they need to cover when hearing athan or reading Quran but there is no basis for that. She is recommended to do that only when praying or leaving outside or in presence of non mahram.

I had to correct my mom that she needed not to be afraid of reading the Quran without hijab :)

Allah knows best

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member

Im sorry ..didn't mean to make you mad.

Wa-salaam

4mMadara2Amina

Salamu alaykum

indeed this is a misunderstanding. Alot if women think they need to cover when hearing athan or reading Quran but there is no basis for that. She is recommended to do that only when praying or leaving outside or in presence of non mahram.

I had to correct my mom that she needed not to be afraid of reading the Quran without hijab :)

Allah knows best

wOw... So can read Qur'an too without Hijab? Well I would be glad to get more information about this- like some kind post so I can copy and paste into my pc and later when husband be home show this. Otherwise we always have discussion what exactly is right. Wish I become strong muslim soon. Otherwise I all the time feel down as I feel my knowledge never be enough to feel at least okay... Always something different and different.

Nice thread.

muharram23

Staff member
wOw... So can read Qur'an too without Hijab? Well I would be glad to get more information about this- like some kind post so I can copy and paste into my pc and later when husband be home show this. Otherwise we always have discussion what exactly is right. Wish I become strong muslim soon. Otherwise I all the time feel down as I feel my knowledge never be enough to feel at least okay... Always something different and different.

Nice thread.

Salamu alaykum

sister, islaam is based on proof. Everything that we do in our religion needs to have basis in Quran and sunnah. If someone tells us that we are obligated to do something or not, we are encouraged to ask for proof. If those people can't find proof then we should not follow anyone until we are certain. As far as the hijab an proper dress, there is nothing that shows that a woman needs to be covered when reciting Quran, hearing Athan etc. It's mostly peopls traditions. Please read this below I found.

What should a woman do if she is reciting Qur’aan and comes across an aayah where a sajdah is prescribed? Should she prostrate when she is not covered, or what should she do?
Praise be to Allaah.

It is better for a woman if she comes across an aayah where a sajdah is prescribed to prostrate with her head covered, but if she does sajdat al-tilaawah without a cover, we hope that there is nothing wrong with that, because sajdat al-tilaawah does not come under the rulings on salaah – rather it is an act of submission and drawing close to Allaah, like all other kinds of dhikr and good deeds.

And Allaah is the source of strength. May Allaah bless our Prophet Muhammad and his family and companions.

Al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah Li’l-Buhooth al-‘Ilmiyyah wa’l-Iftaa’, 7/263

And Allah knows best
Wassalam

4mMadara2Amina

Salamu alaykum

sister, islaam is based on proof. Everything that we do in our religion needs to have basis in Quran and sunnah. If someone tells us that we are obligated to do something or not, we are encouraged to ask for proof. If those people can't find proof then we should not follow anyone until we are certain. As far as the hijab an proper dress, there is nothing that shows that a woman needs to be covered when reciting Quran, hearing Athan etc. It's mostly peopls traditions. Please read this below I found.

What should a woman do if she is reciting Qur’aan and comes across an aayah where a sajdah is prescribed? Should she prostrate when she is not covered, or what should she do?
Praise be to Allaah.

It is better for a woman if she comes across an aayah where a sajdah is prescribed to prostrate with her head covered, but if she does sajdat al-tilaawah without a cover, we hope that there is nothing wrong with that, because sajdat al-tilaawah does not come under the rulings on salaah – rather it is an act of submission and drawing close to Allaah, like all other kinds of dhikr and good deeds.

And Allaah is the source of strength. May Allaah bless our Prophet Muhammad and his family and companions.

Al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah Li’l-Buhooth al-‘Ilmiyyah wa’l-Iftaa’, 7/263

And Allah knows best
Wassalam

Thank you so much. Might be this is the reason why husband said me that. Thank you for explanation. I know that in Islam everything is based on the facts and proofs. But as I am revert I can not recognize everything so easy... Especially when born Muslim says me something.

And more because there are different kind of groups of Muslims... Either I do not even know the difference. May ALLAH help me to see the right. Amen,

Thank you once again.

muharram23

Staff member
Salamu alaykum

that is ok just be patient and things will come in place. Just know that majority of Muslims dint follow the qurAn and the sunnah of the prophet :saw:. That is because they don't study their religion enough but waste their time to much elsewhere. So, it very important that we study our religion as much as we can and of course be moderate and not extreme. May Allah give us all the correct understanding of this religion. Ameen

wasslam

fada_all

salam alikum wa rahmaru allah taala wa barakatuh,

Wearing the niqab is obligatory in islam and no one should deny this FACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Salamu alaykum

Assalamu allaicum wa raahmatullah wa baraktuhu dear brother

Like sister Amina, I always thought I need to be in hijab, while reciting Quran .:shymuslima1:
The reason for that is that I think, I should be in proper dress while reciting Allahs Words, the same like when we pray salah. Or is better to be in hijab while reciting Quran? Can you please share with us authentic hadith which proofs this Inshallah???

May Allah reword you dear brother

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
salam alikum wa rahmaru allah taala wa barakatuh,

Wearing the niqab is obligatory in islam and no one should deny this FACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Assalmu allaicum wa raahmatullah wa brakatuhu my dear sister.

There are diffrent opinions of Schoolars, but mostly Schoolars say that hijab is fard, and niqab only Sunnah and volontery deed for the sake of Allah.

And Allah and His Messanger s.a.w.s know the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.