Niqab: sahaba + early scholars view

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:salam2:,

Ibn Abbaas' (ra)opinion was "that the Muslim women are ordered to cover their head and faces with outer garments except for one eye."

Abdullah Ibn Mas'ud (ra) "Explained, the word Jilbaab means a cloak which covering the entire body including the head, face and hands.

Ibn Jarir (Rahimahullah) "Allah has enjoined upon all Muslim Women that when they go out of their homes under necessity, they should cover their faces by drawing a part of their outer garments over their heads."

Qatadah (Rahimahullah) "Stated that the Jilbab should be wrapped and fixed from above the forehead and made to cover the nose, (although the eyes are to show) and the chest and most of the face are to be covered.

"Imam Shafi, Malik and Hanbal (ra) hold the view that niqaab as being compulsory. Imam Abu Hanifa says that niqaab is Wajib and the face and hands can be exposed provided that there is not fear of desire if one looks at the female face, otherwise if there is the slightest chance of desire developing in the looker then exposing the face and hands is Haraam.

Ibn Taymiyyah (Rahimahullah): Relates that the correct opinion for the Hanbali and Malki madhaib is that is is wajib to cover everything except one or two eyes to see the way

Imaam Ghazaali (Rahimahullah) "Woman emerged (during the time of Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam) with niqaabs on their Faces"

http://ibnfarooq.tripod.com/niqaab.htm#quran

Selmaleila

Not easy to be a kid
Salam Alaykum,

I've heard before many fakeeh who said that is permitted to women to show their face and hands ... what do you think ?

Best regards

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Ahmad_indian

This has been discussed before, and I dont know why you again put this topic on. And at least take a look at what you are posting, the hadith about Ibn Abbas (r.a) is NOT authentic. This was pointed out by Nasiruddin Albani (ra).

On the other hand there ARE authentic hadith from Ibn Abbas (r.a) where he permitted women to show the faces and hands.

Assalamu Allaicum

Mashallah dear brother like always.

Jazzak Allah khair for explaining and I honestly hope that everything regarding this isue is clear now. :)

:wasalam:

Selmaleila

Not easy to be a kid
Thank you, I knew that is permitted to muslim women to show their hands and faces, but, I really was wondering why do people keep talking about that detrimentol to many other big problems !!!!

Thank you again

Best regards

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
:salam2:

Can someone please CLOSE THIS THREAD Inshallah

I am really sorry brother Ahmed but it has been really disscussed many times and I do not see reason why countinue with disscussion when everything is clear,

I know your intetions are good and may Allah reword you

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
Ahmad_indian
This has been discussed before, and I dont know why you again put this topic on.

i wanted to write something about this but the previous thread was closed.
thats y i had to make a new one.

:)
chill bro!

one last word: u may not wear it but if fitnah is there (like nowadays), wear one.

Can someone please CLOSE THIS THREAD Inshallah

I know your intetions are good and may Allah reword you

yes, u can make it close down.:) my aim was just to give the ulama opinions. my work is done.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
yes, u can make it close down.:) my aim was just to give the ulama opinions. my work is done.

No,I did not wanted to close it brother by myselfe. Wallahi I only thught it would be good to close it,as it couse too much disscussion. Allah is the One who knows everything.
May Allah give you patiente brother:tti_sister:

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
assalamu aleikum brothers and sisters

This topic has been discussed on this site many times before ..
We know that there is difference of opinion on the issue of niqab ,and its up to everyone what they will choose ..
May Allah strengthen our hearts with taqwa and increase our knowledge... ameen

waaleikum salam

Status
Not open for further replies.