no education for women??

Nurain

:salam2:

Is this haraam then? can you show me proof please i didnt know this :astag: may Allah forgive me, i am in secular education now and classes are mixed? what can i do :shymuslima1:

:wasalam:

Asalamu alaykum

I was in a secular school all my life.

safiya58

Salaam everyone,

Has anyone read this book titled 'hijaab' and is green in colour? The author is so extreme in his intepretations that I had to stop reading at one point. He said that women should never leave the house even if she wanted to seek religious ilm (because she would be considered as displaying herself to the public and he consider that as haraam).. and that parents who send children to universities are actually letting themselves burn in hell because the kids are learning from the kufaar... etc

I second what brother IbnAdam77. Anyway, knowledge is obligatory on everyone but I think if women value their work more than things like getting married, having kids.. then I say, it is wrong to do so..

as muslims we have to choose the middle way and not go to extreme. This is what Allah does not want from us. about this book, I didn´t read it but I read other books which I considered as too extreme... how do we know the author is really a muslim.... I mean he can be a muslim but we have to be aware of the enemies of Islam... They know they can not seperate us from our Quran and sunnah so what can they do??? they can teach us our religion in the wrong way to make us weak!!!
btw great answer brother IbnAdem :)

muslimeen1989

many muslim schools have mixed classrooms, Its ok to sit on a seperate chair with a seperate desk, what i meant is That men and women should not sit close to eachother like we see in many collages.

in Islam, things leading to haraam becomes haraam itself.

when men and women go to same uni. it becomes difficult for both of them not to desire to have a talk and friendship with the other sex.

one of the main reason for pre-marital affairs is mixed schooling.

but its the duty of the government and the society to have seperate schools like in saudi arabia.

but some ppl are helpless (like u) as they cant do anything. the advice is to keep distance frm opposite gender and seeking Allah's help and forgiveness.

and Allah knows best

Jaza kallahu khair both of you i understand now that mixing will lead to more fitnah but alhamdulilah there are only 2-3 boys in my class i now small class everyone else dropped out but i never speak to them i dont even know their names and i have been in that class for a year.....But thats not important i think we have to remember the guidlines of Islam where ever we are inshallah
Like the prophet said:

"Ittagul allah haitha ma kunt"
Fear Allah where ever you are.

Inshallah i hope to be out of secular education

allah is with me

Rabana Wa laqal Hamd
in Islam, things leading to haraam becomes haraam itself.

when men and women go to same uni. it becomes difficult for both of them not to desire to have a talk and friendship with the other sex.

one of the main reason for pre-marital affairs is mixed schooling.

but its the duty of the government and the society to have seperate schools like in saudi arabia.

but some ppl are helpless (like u) as they cant do anything. the advice is to keep distance frm opposite gender and seeking Allah's help and forgiveness.

and Allah knows best
but if a girl has given guy and she wants it back, so she has to talk to that guy, to get her book?

so then what should we do cause mostly schools are now mixed......that makes it haraam doesnt it ?????.....oh yeah and i heard the taliban leader maulana sufi muhammad say that about no education for girls so i was jz confirming.....so much for the taliban being the people with the black turban or as the revivers of Islam........

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
but if a girl has given guy and she wants it back, so she has to talk to that guy, to get her book?

its permissible to talk to the opposite gender for necessity like in markets, etc.

but i was writing about unnecessary talk, useless converstion, flirt, etc. which do happen in mixed schools.

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
oh yeah and i heard the taliban leader maulana sufi muhammad say that about no education for girls so i was jz confirming.....so much for the taliban being the people with the black turban or as the revivers of Islam........

i dont think we should bring taliban here as they are village based and we too were against girls education 50 years back.

Robab

daughter of Adam
yes it is true

Aslam o alicom.
i am agree with brother ahman-indian.
we can talk with other gender but in neccesity. it is also my personal observation that co-education is really dangerous for both men/women.
:)

SisterKaneez

many muslim schools have mixed classrooms, Its ok to sit on a seperate chair with a seperate desk, what i meant is That men and women should not sit close to eachother like we see in many collages.

We dont sit on top of each other at college? Where did you see this?
At class we have separate chairs and tables. Separate college is not necessary. As long as the brother and sister dont mingle with non muslims. In USA we dont have options to schools for one gender, so we have to make do with what we have.

SisterKaneez

Aslam o alicom.
i am agree with brother ahman-indian.
we can talk with other gender but in neccesity. it is also my personal observation that co-education is really dangerous for both men/women.
:)

Sallam,
Its not dangerous if the brother and sister remember their place and reason for being in class/school.

SisterKaneez

so then what should we do cause mostly schools are now mixed......that makes it haraam doesnt it ?????.....oh yeah and i heard the taliban leader maulana sufi muhammad say that about no education for girls so i was jz confirming.....so much for the taliban being the people with the black turban or as the revivers of Islam........[/QUOTE]

They were never that is Iran and Afghanistan so why do you think they would be that now. They are "suppressors" of true Islam.

safiya58

I agree with SisterKaneez. I´m also in a mixed class but I never ever was attracted to a guy... it also depends on oneself...

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
Separate college is not necessary. As long as the brother and sister dont mingle with non muslims.

:salam2:,

are you sure that we dont need seperate one?

for guys/girls of strong faith, insha'allah, they can go in mixed schooling without doing haraam but wht about ones with weak faith?

and very few of mankind are ppl of strong iman.

i have heard guys talking about beautiful girls, asking for friendship in colleges etc.is this the real purpose of college?

SisterKaneez

:salam2:,

are you sure that we dont need seperate one?

for guys/girls of strong faith, insha'allah, they can go in mixed schooling without doing haraam but wht about ones with weak faith?

and very few of mankind are ppl of strong iman.

i have heard guys talking about beautiful girls, asking for friendship in colleges etc.is this the real purpose of college?

I think you are stretching out a few incidences, their is nothing wrong with talking to a man/boy. No person can hide their child away from the world. Its best to teach them how to deal with those situations so they dont do things they are not supposed to do. I will not tell my child to hide from men, but she does know modesty and boundary's. If she stops talking to 1/2 of the world that is less Islam she can spread. School does not equal a bar.
But it just depends of where in the world a person lives. (of course)

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
If she stops talking to 1/2 of the world that is less Islam she can spread.

but i hear frm our scholars that women should teach and spread Islam in their women circles and men in theirs.

eg. a women may be giving dawah to men with pure heart but she cannot be sure that someone frm men will not be attracted towards her.

SisterKaneez

but i hear frm our scholars that women should teach and spread Islam in their women circles and men in theirs.

eg. a women may be giving dawah to men with pure heart but she cannot be sure that someone frm men will not be attracted towards her.
I see you live in SA, there is a big difference in culture between you and the US. We dont have separate colleges here and children go to school mixed their whole lives. So like I said before if a parent prepairs a child for a situation and teaches modesty and has a adequate support system there will be no trouble. I know is SA their are children /teens who mix and do things they are not supposed too. We see it all over youtube.
I guess what I am saying is:
Some people will have a religious awakening and some will just go through the motions of islam in SA because they have no choice. We cannot force Islam on anyone and just because SA segregates does not mean it works believe me they do find a way. Parents are the key. Parents need to be more active in Islam and show their children the right path.

SisterKaneez

I see you live in SA, there is a big difference in culture between you and the US. We dont have separate colleges here and children go to school mixed their whole lives. So like I said before if a parent prepairs a child for a situation and teaches modesty and has a adequate support system there will be no trouble. I know is SA their are children /teens who mix and do things they are not supposed too. We see it all over youtube.
I guess what I am saying is:
Some people will have a religious awakening and some will just go through the motions of islam in SA because they have no choice. We cannot force Islam on anyone and just because SA segregates does not mean it works believe me theydofind a way. Parents are the key.

I cant edit but I ment they DO find away,:shymuslima1: