No-Sugar Diet

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Asalamu alaykum,

chocolate and sugary ones. lol

Ok, perhaps someone else will be more helpful. I am sure there alternatives to using sugar anyhow.

Is this for health reasons?

Karima

Asalamualikum,

In my opinion, sugar never caused cancer. If I have a choice of something with sugar or artificial sweetener, (which has chemicals that can cause reactions and/or cancer), I prefer to use natural sugar.

In soft drinks, I never drink 'diet' brands...I would either choose water or a regular cola drink.

Honey is a natural sugar, which is also healthy to take in foods or just by a spoon. With allergies that come and go, I take honey, with positive results.

I would not ever recommend artificial sweetener for anyone, because of the chemicals in them, which can cause cancer...also the chemicals can affect the brain...just as preservatives do...(not good, at times).

I hope you can find the right solution to your question about No Sugar in your diet.

Salam

samiha

---------
Staff member
Assalamu alaykum.

NO SUGAR!! *Gasp*

well... since you are on a no-sugar diet, it would seem the tastiest foods to be ones with sugar... like cake, and doughnuts, and some more cake.

But if you have the strength to forgo this delicious substance then there is always rice, rice, and MORE CARBOHYDRATEs!!

Wassalam.

OnlyOne

Well, I've found many foods that have sugar from natural sources, so that's ok with me.

Asalamu alaykum,

chocolate and sugary ones. lol

Ok, perhaps someone else will be more helpful. I am sure there alternatives to using sugar anyhow.

Is this for health reasons?

I'm on a no-sugar diet for many reasons. I have a certain goal I want to reach and sugar doesn't help. Basically, to put it short instead of making it technical, when you eat too much sugar and work out, you're not burning fat...you're burning sugar. So, in the end, there will be no results in your body. Plus, sugar isn't all that good for you anyway, and I want to stay healthy.

The foods I eat now are just like bagels, tuna, pure protein shakes, etc... I just wanted something creative and hoped you guys had something in mind.

dna1987

Muslim Guy
:salam2:

It depends on how you work out. I was doing some more heavy weight stuff at the start of the year, I got a stronger and bigger, but did not get the abs I wanted (sniff).

Generally, you will start to burn weight after 40 mins minimum of exercise.

What I suggest is that you take a drink bottle with you, and before you start your workout, jog for 10 mins. And after your workout, jog for another 10 or 15. And inbetween, you can do sit ups, etc. And the entire time, do not eat anything, and drink water only if you have to.

If you work out with enough AEROBIC exercise (jogging, skipping, running sports) for a weeks, the results will be great. (wink wink).

As for what other food you can eat other times, if you are under 25, you can eat generally eat whatever you want, as long as you put the effort into it to work it off. I lovvvvve chocolate eclairs, cream donuts and buns, and drool ... I could go on for ages. But if you jog and/or skip enough, you should burn if off with ease. Another thing you could try is (and this works!), try jogging 5kms after fajr prayers everyday. Do this for just 2 weeks. And you will feel and look a LOT fitter. That's all I can think of at the moment.

omayrat

I am currently on "the liver cleansing diet" who was written by DR Sandra Cabot. This diet requires one to cut out all sugar,dairy and red meat for 8 weeks.
I have been on it for only 5 days, lost 4 kg and feel great!
I have so much energy. I now can't wait to go running. :shymuslima1:
I reccomend this diet to everyone!

omayrat

TRY THIS....

You can have some wholegrain Toast with tahini, banana, honey and sprinkle with LSA for fibre . YUM.
OR, youghurt and cut up green apples with it.
OR my fav.....

RICE CUSTARD
1/2 cups rice
2 1/2 cups vanilla soy milk
1 beaten egg
2 dessert spoons honey
2 dessertspoons grated lemon zest
1 dessertspoon or cinnamon or nutmeg

soak rice in soy milk for 1 hr in small ovenproof dish. Mix in egg,honey and zest. sprinkle with the cinnamon or nutmeg and bake in a slow oven for 2 1/2 hrs.

I love this recipe, it's dessert without the sugar. :hearts:

samiha

---------
Staff member
Assalamu alaykum.

lol. wow, this must take a lot of determination. I mean i couldn't stay without my doughnuts, cookies, cakes, cheese cake, ice cream cake...

NOT to mention... cheese, ice cream, cereal!! or CHocolate? that's both dairy and sugar

OR... my meat....

Subhanallah! If it's good for you then that's wonderful, But that must really be tough...

Wassalam.

OnlyOne

It depends on how you work out. I was doing some more heavy weight stuff at the start of the year, I got a stronger and bigger, but did not get the abs I wanted (sniff).

Generally, you will start to burn weight after 40 mins minimum of exercise.

What I suggest is that you take a drink bottle with you, and before you start your workout, jog for 10 mins. And after your workout, jog for another 10 or 15. And inbetween, you can do sit ups, etc. And the entire time, do not eat anything, and drink water only if you have to.

If you work out with enough AEROBIC exercise (jogging, skipping, running sports) for a weeks, the results will be great. (wink wink).

As for what other food you can eat other times, if you are under 25, you can eat generally eat whatever you want, as long as you put the effort into it to work it off. I lovvvvve chocolate eclairs, cream donuts and buns, and drool ... I could go on for ages. But if you jog and/or skip enough, you should burn if off with ease. Another thing you could try is (and this works!), try jogging 5kms after fajr prayers everyday. Do this for just 2 weeks. And you will feel and look a LOT fitter. That's all I can think of at the moment.

If you want to maintain a healthy diet and recieve the best results, trust me, you don't go eating whatever you want just because you think you'll burn it off. I don't know if you read my other post but if you eat too much sugar before you work out, your body will be burning sugar and not fat. Therefore, your cardio exercises will be a waste of time. The fructose in sugar goes through a process to turn into muscle glycogen, which acts as a protein to re-build muscle tissue. During this process, the fructose goes through the liver and if you eat too much sugar, the process will stop and your liver will get clogged with sugar. Then, during your workout, your body will be burning off that excess sugar and not the fat that you want. Just as my coach said, "you get big in the kitchen, not in the gym." That's probably why you didn't get the abs you wanted. In order to get abs, you don't just run, you have to do the sit-ups and crunchies, as hard as they may be. But yeah, eating cream donuts and eclairs isn't going to help you with your workouts, lol.

Scientifically, working out with weights burns more calories than doing cardio, so if you're looking to burn calories, working out with weights gives more results, given you eat the right food. When you do cardio, you may be burning more calories at that time, but there's something called the "after-burn effect." After working out, your body is still burning calories at an accelerated rate. When doing cardio, your body burns calories for an accelerated rate for an hour. But, when doing weights, your body is burning calories at an accelerated rate for 24-48 hours to hold up the extra muscle you built in your body.

Just some info. for you, thought it would help....

TRY THIS....

You can have some wholegrain Toast with tahini, banana, honey and sprinkle with LSA for fibre . YUM.
OR, youghurt and cut up green apples with it.
OR my fav.....

RICE CUSTARD
1/2 cups rice
2 1/2 cups vanilla soy milk
1 beaten egg
2 dessert spoons honey
2 dessertspoons grated lemon zest
1 dessertspoon or cinnamon or nutmeg

soak rice in soy milk for 1 hr in small ovenproof dish. Mix in egg,honey and zest. sprinkle with the cinnamon or nutmeg and bake in a slow oven for 2 1/2 hrs.

I love this recipe, it's dessert without the sugar. :hearts:

Everything in there looks good and sounds great for my diet but....honey is jam packed with sugar. The milk however, is natural sugar which I could take in. I'll try that but replace the honey with something else. Thanks for the tip! It sounds really good, I can't wait to make it tomorrow and i'll give you feedback on it. :D

Assalamu alaykum.

lol. wow, this must take a lot of determination. I mean i couldn't stay without my doughnuts, cookies, cakes, cheese cake, ice cream cake...

NOT to mention... cheese, ice cream, cereal!! or CHocolate? that's both dairy and sugar

OR... my meat....

Subhanallah! If it's good for you then that's wonderful, But that must really be tough...

Wassalam.

It does...but I have a thing called a "cheat day" where once a week, I eat anything I want, and trust me, I LOAD up with sugar at that moment. This way, I eat in moderation and don't torture myself. :D However, I have to have my chicken, and sometimes cereal. I call this my "low-sugar to no-sugar" diet because if I really did want it to be a complete "no-sugar" diet, I'd have to buy new food, and i'm not willing to spend that money when we have good food at home. But, tomorrow, I'm thinking I might head to the grocery store to get some good food, some tasty food, for this diet. Just because you're on an eating plan doesn't mean you can't eat food that tastes good, right? :p

AishaR

NOT to mention... cheese, ice cream, cereal!! or CHocolate?

little sis, I hope you are not eating them together..... YUK!! lol

:wasalam:

shabnum

lol diet :shymuslima1: iv been on a dieting since the age of 12 .

its such hard work my days dieting getting in to best shape why cant it just be easier for us woman:redface:

thats why i tend to catch the stairs instead of the lift just think to my self :rolleyes: hmmmm

im always going to diet lol scared of being fat.

Submitter

Brother OnlyOne, you can't cut out all the sugar from your diet. The best way we can help you is to know what your aims are. Are you aiming to lose fat? Or are you quite skinny and aiming to put on lean muscle mass? I get the feeling it is the latter from your previous posts.

If this is true then I would recommend not to take anything sugary before a workout (like you suggested). But sugars in fruits are good for you and indeed essential. Again, pre and post-workout meals are different depending on what your aims are but sugars in fruits are not a bad thing. For example, if you are taking creatine monohydrate (in powder form) as a supplement, the best liquid you can take this with is with a sugary fruitjuice, such as grape juice.

You don't need to put too much effort into trying to cut out every source of sugar in your diet. As long as you avoid the obvious no-no's like soft drinks, chocolates, sweets, sugar in tea/coffee, etc. Avoid these at ALL times, not just before workouts.

Hope this is useful inshallah :)

Wasalam

koala

no sugar food

you can try hommos...full of fibre and hardly any fat..and umm well...lol i cant think of anything really good healthy and without sugar...some not so good alternatives:
lots of leafy green vegetables
lentils
beans...are you trying to lose weight or put on some muscle mass...??
o right try rice cakes, look for recipes with oats...you can make sugarless oatmeal cookies( but you still need honey for that)

try doing some high intensity interval workouts...those are major fat burners...they boost your metabolic rate and keep you burning calories hours after the workout...not to mention red in the face and winded, but its worth a try...
good luck

hafz

STEVIA

STEVIA is a natural safe alternative to sugar and so is honey if these are allowed on your diet,

amyaishazouaoui

Assalaamu alaikum

I dont get why so many people here are on diets!!!!

The best way for us to not get large in the first place is to.....remeber your thirds.... a third for food, a third for water and a third for air

if you want to lose weight your calorific intake should be less than what you use....basically execise. Sisters can do this with house work!!!!

Always eat brekkie, never starve yourself, this messes up the metabolism and the body thinks its starving and will store energy for the next famine.

do it slowly

be happy, some people were not made to be slim. Jut keep yourself relatively fit and eat healthy stuff so not to clogg your arteries.

could stressng abot the whole weight issue be worse for you????

presa1200

I'm on a no-sugar diet, what are the most tasty foods for me to eat?

mayb u can try the Tempeh or specially preserved fermented soybean origin from Malaysia/Indonesia. pretty good for maintaining good health and it can be added into soup, stir fry, salad and many more...i think it is available on most grocery stores or mayb u can get some from ebay.com

f-tempeh.jpg

do u take injections? i can suggest u trying Lipostabil or phosphatidylcholine, that is a IM injection slimming product from germany.

OnlyOne

Brother OnlyOne, you can't cut out all the sugar from your diet. The best way we can help you is to know what your aims are. Are you aiming to lose fat? Or are you quite skinny and aiming to put on lean muscle mass? I get the feeling it is the latter from your previous posts.

If this is true then I would recommend not to take anything sugary before a workout (like you suggested). But sugars in fruits are good for you and indeed essential. Again, pre and post-workout meals are different depending on what your aims are but sugars in fruits are not a bad thing. For example, if you are taking creatine monohydrate (in powder form) as a supplement, the best liquid you can take this with is with a sugary fruitjuice, such as grape juice.

You don't need to put too much effort into trying to cut out every source of sugar in your diet. As long as you avoid the obvious no-no's like soft drinks, chocolates, sweets, sugar in tea/coffee, etc. Avoid these at ALL times, not just before workouts.

Hope this is useful inshallah :)

Wasalam

I'm trying to put on some lean muscle, but i'm not skinny either. I'm just trying to do this all the healthy way. I actually just started doing what you recommended: avioding sugar mainly 2 hours before and after a workout. But, if the sugar is natural (such as from fruit or milk), then I don't mind. However, it's really hard for me not to put sugar in my coffee. I usually use Splenda, which is an aritifical sweetner, which is probably worse, but I guess it doesn't have as much fructose as regular suger. Anyways, you gave some pretty good advice, thanks alot! Keep it coming if you have more.

STEVIA is a natural safe alternative to sugar and so is honey if these are allowed on your diet,

Thanks alot! I'll try to look around for that. Although, I hope it's available in America.