:Non-Muslim girls wearing Hijabs:

sachin4islam

Assalam Alaikum:

When many of our Sisters avoid wearing Hijabs,how pleasant it would be seeing Non-Muslims girls wearing Hijab?.

With time,the No. of girls driving scooters in my city has considerably increased.Climate of my city is hot round the year,except during winters. Also dust pollution is a big problem in my city. Non-Muslim girls (about 99% of the total) with the fear to loose skin color (cause of heat) and make-up (cause of dust) have chosen to veil themselves. Amazing rather interestingly they veil themselves to the extent that only their eyes are visible. Veiling also helps them when driving with their boy-friends,with their identity concealed,in case they encounter any familial or familiar individual on the road.

Had,wearing Hijab been a religious compulsion,would they choose to veil themselves?. I can for sure say,they would call it oppression ?.

Regards.
Abdullah.

DanyalSAC

I actually saw a YouTube video of a non-Muslim woman defending her right to wear a hijab. She wears one for the same reason our sisters do - for modesty. She said its amusing how folks are surprised when she's asked if she is Muslim and she says "No".

alf2

Islam is a way of life
I actually saw a YouTube video of a non-Muslim woman defending her right to wear a hijab. She wears one for the same reason our sisters do - for modesty. She said its amusing how folks are surprised when she's asked if she is Muslim and she says "No".

I think we may be talking about the same girl?
But the girl I'm thinking of is called 'Non Muslim Hijabi" She no longer makes Hijab tutorials because she kept getting hateful comments from Muslim men.

rightpath_357

Hateful comments from MUSLIM MEN? That's just not right. It's her choice if she wants to wear the hijab or not, and muslim men should keep their gaze lowered and not let such words be uttered from their mouths.

muslimshabs

Assalam Alaikum:

When many of our Sisters avoid wearing Hijabs,how pleasant it would be seeing Non-Muslims girls wearing Hijab?.

With time,the No. of girls driving scooters in my city has considerably increased.Climate of my city is hot round the year,except during winters. Also dust pollution is a big problem in my city. Non-Muslim girls (about 99% of the total) with the fear to loose skin color (cause of heat) and make-up (cause of dust) have chosen to veil themselves. Amazing rather interestingly they veil themselves to the extent that only their eyes are visible. Veiling also helps them when driving with their boy-friends,with their identity concealed,in case they encounter any familial or familiar individual on the road.

Had,wearing Hijab been a religious compulsion,would they choose to veil themselves?. I can for sure say,they would call it oppression ?.

Regards.
Abdullah.

:salam2:
these girls even protect their eyes by using sunglasses, but they do not use the hijab for modesty, which is the most important part of the hijab... they use to protect them from dust and sunlight as u said ...
and the youtube non muslim hijabis have been using it for modest , style etc...
"Likewise enjoin the believing women to lower their gaze and guard their modesty; not to display their beauty and ornaments except what normally appears thereof; let them draw their veils over their bosoms and not display their charms except to their husbands, their fathers, their fathers-in-law, their own sons, their stepsons, their own brothers, their nephews on either brothers’ or sisters’ sides, their own womenfolk, their own slaves, male attendants who lack sexual desires or small children who have no carnal knowledge of women. Also enjoin them not to strike their feet in order to draw attention to their hidden trinkets. And O believers! Turn to Allah in repentance, all of you, about your past mistakes, so that you may attain salvation".(24:31)
"O children of Adam, We have bestowed upon you clothing to conceal your private parts and as adornment. But the clothing of righteousness -- that is best. That is from the signs of Allaah that perhaps they will remember. O children of Adam, let not Satan tempt you as he removed your parents from Paradise, stripping them of their clothing to show them their private parts. Indeed, he sees you, he and his tribe, from where you do not see them. Indeed, We have made the devils allies to those who do not believe." [Quran 7:26-27}

this is the real hijab....not the other types like covering of hair, and wearing tight clothes means they r using it...

Valerie

I think we may be talking about the same girl?
But the girl I'm thinking of is called 'Non Muslim Hijabi" She no longer makes Hijab tutorials because she kept getting hateful comments from Muslim men.

Her videos were the first ones I saw before I even started looking at Islam. I really enjoyed watching them. If it weren't for her, I wouldn't have kept looking... I still follow her on youtube, hoping that she'll make a video someday.

Muhtadii

I just want to make a point here that In some rural parts of India, the custom of hiding of face by non-muslim women folk still continues. Most probably it is under the influence of their religion and scripts, which advocate Hijab for them.
:wasalam: