Not Sure What Choose?

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Asalaamu'Alykum,

Well when my second year of college starts we have been told we should have universities, courses and codes already selected. I have a fair idea of what University i want to go to, although i am finding it difficult on which course to choose.

Muslim Youth Work at the University of Chester

Accounting (or Accounting & Finance) at Loughborough or Cardiff

Now the Muslim Youth Work course really appealed to me because it would be helping the Ummah in a way and the description of the course says there is not enough Muslim Youth Workers.

The Accounting one, the only thing is that there is a choice of 2 good universities.

Some stuff i have read is that the university of Chester isnt very good, (<---- not sure about that) although the course is the only one of its kind.

My heart says go for the Musim Youth Work, because it will Inshallah help the Ummah.

Im not sure what to do? :confused:

Help! Please

Alhamdulilah

Wasalam

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
:salam2:

You can apply for both cant you? and then look at what they offer you in terms of grades/points and then see what would suit you best.

But like you said you want to help the Ummah in youthwork well thats great and if thats what u really want to do then go for it.

Theyre two quite different jobs arent they? so which one would actually suit you? Only you know that i guess.

I dont know anything about the University of Chester.

Now the Muslim Youth Work course really appealed to me because it would be helping the Ummah in a way and the description of the course says there is not enough Muslim Youth Workers.

The Accounting one, the only thing is that there is a choice of 2 good universities.

Some stuff i have read is that the university of Chester isnt very good, (<---- not sure about that) although the course is the only one of its kind.

My heart says go for the Musim Youth Work, because it will Inshallah help the Ummah.

...hang on what am i doing giving careers advice! :redface: i need some of that myself! lol....:rolleyes:

wasalam

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Asalaamu'Alykum,

Lol.

Jazakallahu Khayran for your advice.

A couple of months back i would have said Accounting, although this really has interested me. Im sure you can apply for both. Although Inshallah i will go for the former.

Inshallah you will get your advice and succeed too.

Alhamdulilah

Wasalam

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Asalaamu'Alykum,

Well the brother that leads the programme gave me a call today.

He gave me some info on the course that i didnt know, looks exciting. Although i think experience is one issue, i have a fair idea of the problems within the muslim community. I got the feeling i might be a little too young, i think i will need to get out there and get more of an inisght in the problems. Looks i will have to impress quite a bit if i am going to get in.

Inshallah everything will go well.

Alhamdulilah

Wasalam

Globalpeace

Banned
W-Salam,

Accounting in most Masajid & Islamic institutions is a mess...

Most Mosques don't even claim TAX-EXEMPTand KICK-BACKS on our donations...

There is a charity in Bradford which runs ALL ADMIN costs from TAX claimed on the doantions so all donations in affect get used for charity (100% and thats great for a Muslim charity)

Asalaamu'Alykum,

Well when my second year of college starts we have been told we should have universities, courses and codes already selected. I have a fair idea of what University i want to go to, although i am finding it difficult on which course to choose.

Im not sure what to do? :confused:

Help! Please

Alhamdulilah

Wasalam

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
I cant help you because i dont know the universities that much in Uk...

i can just give you advice. pray istikhara

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Aaslaamu'Alykum,

Alhamdulilah for you advice. After Zuhr i prayed Istikharah and i dont have any doubts. I am pretty confident that this will Inshallah be the right choice.

Inshallah

Alhamdulilah

Jazakallahu Khayran

Wasalam

I cant help you because i dont know the universities that much in Uk...

i can just give you advice. pray istikhara