Ok, new guy and a few questions

Noor El-Huda

May Allah make things easier for you!

The challenges you are facing are much more rewardable than if everything was going smooth and straighforward.

May allah give you that strength and patience to persevere.

esperanza

revert of many years
SISTER WE ARE ALL HERE TO HELP YOU SUPPORT YOU AND ADVISE YOU WHEN YOU NEED,,MAY ALLAH MAKE THINGS EASIER FOR YOU

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
i didnt want to hijack this tread from what it was...
Hi,

Reading your posts, I can see that faith has entered you heart, you believe in Islam, but you are not ready to announce. That's your plan and program. I just wanted to say, pronounce the shahdah alone with Allaah as your witness. It's better to be safe. You never know which moment is your last. Sorry if it seems like pressurizing you. That's not what I intend to do.

Best wishes *Smile*

serena77

no honestly it doesn't seem like anyone is pressuring me. I believe that everyone feels it is the best way, and I do too.... so .... IF the shahada is taken alone it is still valid? I have one Muslimah friend in the states that once I was ready i had wanted to take w/ her at least on the phone .... she's several states away so in person wasn't ever an option... but she has been ever so busy w/ so much in her personal life that if i want to do it when she is available, then to no fault of her own, please know i am not placing blame on this at all, it would be even longer than i am wanting to wait.

thank you to everyone... if anyone had thought i would worry I was being pressured ... no ... i don't and i more than appreciate everyone's voice and concern. that is what makes forums like these so valuable and so important especially maybe to people like myself who have no muslim neighbors...

Serena

a_stranger

:salam2:

Dear sister

If you like i think you can say Shahada on this forum any time, we shall be very happy to be your witness. I mean you write it and pronounce it. Then step by step you can learn more and more. The most important thing in Islam that you believe in the one true creator of all and that Mohammad is his messenger.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
no honestly it doesn't seem like anyone is pressuring me. I believe that everyone feels it is the best way, and I do too.... so .... IF the shahada is taken alone it is still valid? I have one Muslimah friend in the states that once I was ready i had wanted to take w/ her at least on the phone .... she's several states away so in person wasn't ever an option... but she has been ever so busy w/ so much in her personal life that if i want to do it when she is available, then to no fault of her own, please know i am not placing blame on this at all, it would be even longer than i am wanting to wait.

thank you to everyone... if anyone had thought i would worry I was being pressured ... no ... i don't and i more than appreciate everyone's voice and concern. that is what makes forums like these so valuable and so important especially maybe to people like myself who have no muslim neighbors...

Serena

As far as I'm aware, you taking shahadah i.e bearing witness is enough to put you in the safety circle of Islam. You belief it in your heart and you pronounce it with you tongue. Shahdah as I mentioned means bearing witness. Shahadah goes like: "Ash Had du Allaah Ila ha Il Lal Lah Wa Ash Had du An Na Muhammad Un Ra sool Allaah" which means " I bear witness that their is no diety except Allaah and I bear witness that Muhammad :saw: is the Messenger of Allaah". You do this for Allaah, He's there where ever you are. You do this to submit, to surrender to Him. He's right here with you as you read this post. So do it*Smile*.

When you are ready, take a bath, and pronounce it with yourself till you are ready to officially do it*Smile*.

Here is a scholarly view on this. I hope I passed the correct information: http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/11819 (Haven't read this one myself lol, lemme know if I'm wrong somewhere)

May Allaah make it easy for you and guide you all along. Ameen

Kakorot

Don't delay, take your shahada today.

Even if you don't start following Islam a-z, still take shahada just to be on the safe side.

Just like a sister said above, you don't know what moment will be your last...

serena77

salaams
i have ot say i do keep reading over the shahada and i did read the islamqa link...
i'm lucky my therapist has been so supportive of my researching this. he's been really awesome he even spent some time in egypt. honestly i wish i had this therapist.. 10 years ago.... one thing i did research a lot was islam's view on mental illness. it was glad to see it wasn't something that was considered to me my fault as long as i did what i could to treat it... .and i do. . sometimes more sucessfully than others. i have had people in a lot of christian religions tell me if i believed in God the right way.... i wouldn't have to deal w/ this... i'm sure some muslims may believe that too but ... ive never had someone who was muslim to actually tell me that.
Serena

alf2

Islam is a way of life
Does anyone else get a troll vibe from this guy? I dont think he is asking sincere questions, I think he is posting crazy stuff to make people mad.

I mean, who ADMITS to being a racist? Really.

I have lived in Georgia all my life and he is NOT TYPICAL.

Noor El-Huda

salam sister,

He seems genuine to me. Like someone who's putting all the cards on the table. Did you see his second post?

Maybe he's admitting to being racist because he feels deep down that it is not healthy to harbour this feeling.

Maybe he feels there is so much turmoil in his life and doesn't know where to start.

And we say, he's in the right place, inshallah.

alf2

Islam is a way of life
salam sister,

He sounds genuine to me. Like someone who's putting all the cards on the table. Did you see his second post?

Maybe he's admitting to being racist because he feels deep down that it is not healthy to harbour this feeling.

Maybe he feels there is so much turmoil in his life and doesn't know where to start.

And we say, he's in the right place, inshallah.

I find it insulting he insists he is a "typical Georgia male" :astag:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Do not be insulted. He just told us he is what is traditionally known as a good ole boy. It takes great courage to admit your shortcomings. Now, he knows we want better for him.

So, lets wait and see what he loves about Islam. InshaAllah, it will all be good.

a_stranger

salaams
i have ot say i do keep reading over the shahada and i did read the islamqa link...
i'm lucky my therapist has been so supportive of my researching this. he's been really awesome he even spent some time in egypt. honestly i wish i had this therapist.. 10 years ago.... one thing i did research a lot was islam's view on mental illness. it was glad to see it wasn't something that was considered to me my fault as long as i did what i could to treat it... .and i do. . sometimes more sucessfully than others. i have had people in a lot of christian religions tell me if i believed in God the right way.... i wouldn't have to deal w/ this... i'm sure some muslims may believe that too but ... ive never had someone who was muslim to actually tell me that.
Serena

Dear sister , any kind of illness is a test from Allah subhanahu wa taala , if we be patient then we are rewarded for that , illness make human return to their creator , illness washes sins alhamduliAllah.

esperanza

revert of many years
i really hope the questions directed at me didn't cause him not to reply ... if so my apologies, ,,,
serena

dear sister..may Allah make your path easeir,once you make the first step the neverything will come in time and were all here to help inshallah

esperanza

revert of many years
I appreciate the replys. First let me say that me saying I am a typical GA male wasn't an excuse for my lifestyle, just a way to point out how I was brought up and what was "normal" for me.
The racist comment wasn't meant to offend. I guess I can admit I have some racial tendency's. My black friends are educated, don't speak in "ghetto talk" {Ebonics} They are not "thugs" or Ghetto rats. Yes I am classifying, those are the ones I have had problems with in my life and have come to dislike. Yes the same can be said about white trash as well...My sister is one I can speak of, she is, and has been strung out on drugs her whole adult life. I do not talk or see her, she isn't the same person I knew when we were younger. I tell my father she died yrs ago, the woman she is now is a Zombie.

The reason I am looking at Islam now is because it makes since to me, it seems SOOOO much more REAL than Christianity, The more I read and watch videos of, the more I say "this is what I want" I need to completely re-wire my mind and soul. To break down everything I know and learned and refill it with truth and knowledge.

I have MANY more questions, but will ask them later. I have too many vids I have to watch now. :)

brother we hope you come back and ask many more questions ..were all here to help inshallah

finding light

Ya Rab! Forgive me..
Brother, I cant offer great advice like the rest but I will surely keep you in my prayers and I feel happy to know that, just like with me, Allah didnt give up on you. You are very lucky to have these thoughts about Islam in you and you wanting to change. Allah Loves you Brother!
Make your utterance and accept Islam and surely you will find a greater life and afterlife than you ever dreamt - Inshallah! And a really great thing is that all these wonderful people on TTI are here for you anytime you like :)
May Allah guide us all.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
salaams
Serena

Wa alaikom.

Mental illness are not people's fault. You should read the story of a black women who used to get fits. She asked the prophet of Allaah to invoke Allaah for her and he told her if she's patient she's to get a massive reward for that i.e Jannah. She thought over her options and asked him to invoke Allaah for her to atleast not get uncovered when she's having an attack. He did that. If I find the exact narration (when I get time), I'll post it for you.

In Islam, those people are respected because of the reward awaiting for them in Akhira. It's really unreasonable to think it's the person's fault.