Okay, what's the deal with...

xAllahKnowsBestx

Umm, transsexuals?

"Kim" right here, is the world's youngest transsexual to completely transform into a girl. "She's" now a famous pop star.

[yt]RDJXR1wXofA[/yt]

I've been watching shows on transgender people for a while now, and it's crazy. There are children out there (Like Here) saying "they're not in the right body" and everything. I know homosexuality isn't something you're born with, but what about this? Can anyone shed some light on this issue through an Islamic perspective?

:wasalam:

alf2

Islam is a way of life
I think we all know what the Islamic perspective is going to be.

But cant we let these people live their lives? If thats what makes them happy, who are we to tell them how to live? Afterall, we dont want people to tell US how to live.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I can not discuss the medical perspective. I can only speak as a Believing woman. I am not a scholar.

From the little knowledge I have I have concluded this is overblown.

Comeon now guys. This is like having your cake and eating it too. This is lust gone crazy. This is the ego that is evil. This is the shytan really making you foolish.

You deny your sex. You deny the form Allah has made you. You want to play to be another sex because it makes you happy? Are you that ashamed of yourself?
Are you that insecure?

We forget that an attribute of evil is simply the worshipers of evil are foolish.

Yes, these people have an issue. They choose not to bow down and prostrate to The Creator.

When Adam asked for a companion he was given his female counterpart. And Allah has created everything in pairs. Lut even offered his daughters in marriage to prevent others from sinning.

In Islam we are taught specifically how to dress as men and women. There are clear codes of dress even. Women pray in one area..men in another. We are encouraged to avoid free-mixing. We avert our eyes when we have to talk to a member of the opposite sex.

Comeon now brothers and sisters is there really an issue?

islamirama

www.netmuslims.com
I've been watching shows on transgender people for a while now, and it's crazy.

Why are you wasting time watching that trash anyway? What it will only rot you mind (yes, spirutally it will rot it and you will be more accepting of this haram stuff). Besides, We will be qeustion on J_Day on 4 things, one of which will be HOW we spent our time. Don't waste it on this rubbish and find some alternative halal means to spend your time.

Can anyone shed some light on this issue through an Islamic perspective?

Homos claim they were born that way thus accusing Allah the Perfect of not creating them properly. Transsexuals go further and change the creation of Allah, saying Allah was wrong and this is what they were suppose to be, naubillah. Does one even need a scholar or fatwa to know how haram this is?

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
:salam2:

I find it disturbing that we have people here who are saying, "These people aren't harming anyone, so let's just let them be."

The thing is, with this type of thinking, we are actually accepting and acknowledging and affirming this strange thing. Somehow, I don't think as muslims we're supposed to do this. We can at least hate it in our heart right? If we can't fix it with our tongue or hand....

islamirama

www.netmuslims.com

I find it disturbing that we have people here who are saying, "These people aren't harming anyone, so let's just let them be."

The thing is, with this type of thinking, we are actually accepting and acknowledging and affirming this strange thing. Somehow, I don't think as muslims we're supposed to do this. We can at least hate it in our heart right? If we can't fix it with our tongue or hand....

Exactly!

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]"Let there arise out of you a group of people inviting to all that is good (Islam), enjoining Al-Ma`ruf (i.e., Islamic Monotheism and all that Islam orders one to do) and forbidding Al-Munkar (polytheism and disbelief and all that Islam has forbidden). And it is they who are the successful.'' (3:104)

[/FONT]
Hadith - Muslim
On the authority of Abu Sa`id (radhiallahu `anhu) that the Prophet sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam said, "Whoever sees something evil should change it with his hand. If he cannot, then with his tongue; and if he cannot do even that, then in his heart. That is the weakest degree of faith."

`Abdullah bin Mas`ud (May Allah bepleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "The first defect (in religion) which affected the Children of Israel in the way that man would meet another and say to him: `Fear Allah and abstain from what you are doing, for this is not lawful for you.' Then he would meet him the next day and find no change in him, but this would not prevent him from eating with him, drinking with him and sitting in his assemblies. When it came to this, Allah led their hearts into evil ways on account of their association with others.''

Then he (PBUH) recited, "Those among the Children of Israel who disbelieved were cursed by the tongue of Dawud (David) and `Isa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary). That was because they disobeyed (Allah and the Messengers) and were ever transgressing beyond bounds. They used not to forbid one another from the Munkar (wrong, evildoing, sins, polytheism, disbelief) which they committed. Vile indeed was what they used to do. You see many of them taking the disbelievers as their Auliya' (protectors and helpers). Evil indeed is that which their own selves have sent forward before them; for that (reason) Allah's wrath fell upon them and in torment will they abide. And had they believed in Allah and in the Prophet (Muhammad (PBUH)) and in what has been revealed to him, never would they have taken them (the disbelievers) as Auliya' (protectors and helpers); but many of them are the Fasiqun (rebellious, disobedient to Allah).'' (5:78-81)

Then he (PBUH) continued: "Nay, by Allah, you either enjoin good and forbid evil and catch hold of the hand of the oppressor and persuade him to act justly and stick to the truth, or, Allah will involve the hearts of some of you with the hearts of others and will curse you as He had cursed them". [Abu Dawud and At-Tirmidhi].
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]
[/FONT]

alf2

Islam is a way of life

You can hate it all you want, but you have no right to tell them how to live.
All Muslims want, is to live our lives in submission and people always want to tell us how to live.

Why do you want to do the same? Why should WE tell others how to live but expect them to be all "oh Muslims are great I support you!"

Respect is a 2 way road. You cant disrespect people (especially to their face) and expect the same courtesy back.

xAllahKnowsBestx

Sorry everyone, I didn't mean to make this into an argument.. was just wondering if these children really were born that way. I guess not. And about the sex-change operations going on, I can tolerate that (I'm not gonna upto a transgender person and start yelling at them lol), but I'm not supportive of people who change the creation of Allah. It's disturbing.. I guess people nowadays go to the extremes just so they could feel "good". If everyone wanted to feel "good" drugs, alcohol, rape and murder would be okay too. And that made sense, thanks Aapa.

Why are you wasting time watching that trash anyway? What it will only rot you mind (yes, spirutally it will rot it and you will be more accepting of this haram stuff). Besides, We will be qeustion on J_Day on 4 things, one of which will be HOW we spent our time. Don't waste it on this rubbish and find some alternative halal means to spend your time.

Sorry, but I don't think there's anything wrong with wondering why certain people act that way. And I was just asking for an answer through an Islamic perspective so I would know what's really up with these people. And I can't really do anything about the number of gay/transgender documentaries we'd watch in school. Thanks though.

And thanks for the replies everyone! :)

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
Sorry, but I don't think there's anything wrong with wondering why certain people act that way. And I was just asking for an answer through an Islamic perspective so I would know what's really up with these people. And I can't really do anything about the number of gay/transgender documentaries we'd watch in school. Thanks though.

Exactly. This did not qualify as a haram video clip and as a Muslim, you abstain from what's haram. Keeping your eyes closed and sticking your fingers in your ears to avoid what's going on in the world is like living with your head stuck in the sand.

How fun.

It's not exactly prohibited to ask questions, the last time I checked.

Bring on the inquiries, Ukhti :)

MohammedMaksudul

May Allah Forgive us

I did not see the video but if we let these people live their lives, specially if these people claim to be muslim (I don't know if the person in the video above claims so) then there will be huge fitna. They will demand different fiqh for themselves and they will create chaos in the society.

xAllahKnowsBestx

im quite impressed with the surgery, i can't even tell she was male.

I thought he was really a girl in the beginning. But wow..

One thing I've noticed from the parents who claim to have transgender children is that, they say "Ever since he was a child, he always liked the color pink, Barbie, and dresses.. and he said he wanted to be a girl". That's crazy! If your child says he likes dresses and the color pink, it doesn't mean that he's a girl or he needs a sex-change operation. Astagfirullah. At the end of the documentary I watched, there was a man who had two operations: From man to woman, and back to man. He said he did it because he was "curious" and it was a bad idea.. That just goes to show the excuses people have to do totally outrageous things.

Exactly. This did not qualify as a haram video clip and as a Muslim, you abstain from what's haram. Keeping your eyes closed and sticking your fingers in your ears to avoid what's going on in the world is like living with your head stuck in the sand.

I so agree sis! :)

xAllahKnowsBestx

I did not see the video but if we let these people live their lives, specially if these people claim to be muslim (I don't know if the person in the video above claims so) then there will be huge fitna. They will demand different fiqh for themselves and they will create chaos in the society.

Sadly brother, there are transgender Muslims out there.. :(

sclavus

Some people are anatomically what is called transsexuals. This is well-known in fikh treaties throughout the centuries. But this..

The Islaamic perspective is clear in that case. Those who change the creation of Allah are damned by their Lord. Period.

Damned, isn't that enough trouble?!

That's what we have to know as Muslims. We don't have freedom here, we have the Book and the Sunnah.

English

All Muslims want, is to live our lives in submission and people always want to tell us how to live.

Why do you want to do the same? Why should WE tell others how to live but expect them to be all "oh Muslims are great I support you!"

Respect is a 2 way road. You cant disrespect people (especially to their face) and expect the same courtesy back.

I agree with this post.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I have posted something similar to this before. Many times.

The entire transgender movement is simply to emasculate men. It is a political movement. A man who is concerned about his sexuality is not leadership material. Would you really go seek the counsel of a man who is worried about the color of his lipstick.

You seek the advise of a man who obeys Allah. I do not care what religion you profess. You heed the words of a man of Allah.

Respect????

Hello?

Lets try this:

Why would I show respect to that which mocks the words of Allah? Allah in His Book has told us what is what.

You worship what you worship..do you not understand what these people are worshiping. They are worshiping lust.

No, I do not interact with gays. I seek Believers.

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself
Assalaam walaikum,

I have posted something similar to this before. Many times.

The entire transgender movement is simply to emasculate men. It is a political movement. A man who is concerned about his sexuality is not leadership material. Would you really go seek the counsel of a man who is worried about the color of his lipstick.

You seek the advise of a man who obeys Allah. I do not care what religion you profess. You heed the words of a man of Allah.

Respect????

Hello?

Lets try this:

Why would I show respect to that which mocks the words of Allah? Allah in His Book has told us what is what.

You worship what you worship..do you not understand what these people are worshiping. They are worshiping lust.

No, I do not interact with gays. I seek Believers.

This. So much this.

I have had debates with non-Muslims about the wussification of young men and the detriment that it has upon our society. This is why you have men like me who don't know how to be a good leader. Our society does not prepare us as men to be the spiritual and emotional leaders that we are called to be.

You have men acting like women and women acting like men.

sclavus

You're right, akhi.

But take it easy, man. If you keep on angry like that all the time you'll hurt yourself. The Prophet peace be upon him said to the companion: Don't get angry, don't get angry, don't get angry.

Learn leadership from the Prophet peace be upon him, baraka-Llaho-feek.

Salaam.

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself
You're right, akhi.

But take it easy, man. If you keep on angry like that all the time you'll hurt yourself. The Prophet peace be upon him said to the companion: Don't get angry, don't get angry, don't get angry.

Learn leadership from the Prophet peace be upon him, baraka-Llaho-feek.

Salaam.

Yeah, I'm trying to become the "less angry than I used to be white guy".

complex_man

I agree with you. muslims themselves are acting like whatever they want but they have every right to criticize every one. just look into your own house then tell others how to behave.

Perseveranze

I don't care what anyone says to me, i'll keep giving dawah by tellin them their doing wrong.