On a lighter note......

HelpingSoul

:salam2:

Regarding 'skeeters...I found this interesting bit of information...<its amazing what we talk about here..lol>

I had no idea what Octenol was so I looked THAT up..

Uh oh...what's linoleic acid?.....*keyboard clatter*

So, I'm sorry to say....for all of you who love Olive oil..........better buy DEET...lol!

:salam2: Thanks for the info.. atleast something for the me the defenseless prey haha ..

strive-may-i

:lol: Speaking of snakes, when I was little my brother and I found a cobra in our backyard (You can find just about anything in Sri Lanka xD) and he decided to kill it "for fun". So he took this huuuge brick and threw it on the snake. And of course, it did it's "famous cobra dance thingy" and just watched us, lol. My maid started yelling at us saying the snake would come back again and "avenge" us for this. A little creepy..

Ah that caught my eye. Its said snake is one favorite of the jins and the shaitaan. There seems to be some truth behind the avenge part... I have heard a lot of related stories .

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself
Ah that caught my eye. Its said snake is one favorite of the jins and the shaitaan. There seems to be some truth behind the avenge part... I have heard a lot of related stories .

Well in the Bible it also talks about the serpent being the form that Satan took when he tempted Eve to eat the forbidden fruit. Because of this, God curse all serpents to crawl on their bellies, suggesting that snakes may one have had legs.

Now whether or not you believe that story is up to you, but it's interesting that snakes are widely reviled and hated, and then you have this story in the Bible from thousands of years ago...