one step towards allah,

undeeniable

i have just recently moved to a new city with my wife (during this Ramadan), and we are hoping to attend a nearby university(insha Allah).

we moved here primarily for the Muslim community.

we are new Muslims.

my wife and i share a car.

it broke down in the parking lot at my workplace last night

today (Eid) i couldn't find any one to give me a ride to the auto parts store.

understandable because everyone was celebrating.

i wanted to buy a battery and see if i could get the car to start and run long enough to take it to a mechanic rather than pay a ridiculous towing charge.

i couldnt get a ride and the bus route to the store and back involved more walking than bus riding, and i had to get to work, late or not i had to be there sometime.

i copied down my bosses number incorrectly so i had no way of telling him i would be later than i would have already been considering we both would be attending eid prayer.

i was positive it would be ok, because my car died right in front of him. and i thought that i would probably see him at the masjid. (little did i know that on eid every single Muslim in the area goes to the masjid, and you can barely walk or do anything among the children and carnival rides(this is a good thing))

back to the story.

i bum a ride to eid prayer and back, but i still cant find a ride to get a battery for my car.

my wife is totally upset because she needs the car to get to work tomorrow, and her employer is much less understanding than mine.

we call a cab to take us to the auto parts store and then to my work so we can install the battery. which really was a dumb idea because the cab fare was going to be outrageous considering wait times at the store and the broken car(just in case the battery didn't work)

turns out the cab driver is a brother. Moroccan guy, very polite and kind.
which made for good talk on the way to the store.

anyway he made sure to come along as i bought the battery, and we preceded to the broken car,

he helped me install the new battery.

and promptly would not let me pay him as the car started.

please if you read this make dua for that kind man.

he also referred me to a mechanic

Eid Mubarak everyone

BintMuhammad

Staff member
Assalamu alaikum,

Mashaa'Allaah May Allaah swt reward him AMEEN. We need more people like that. Simple story yet uplifting. Jazakallaahu Khayr for sharing and Eid Mubaarak!

hambaAllah

:bismillah:
:salam2:

Alhamdulillah all turn out well Brother,,,,:salah: :tti_sister: May Allah swt blessed the Moroccan Brother for his kindness to another muslim in need.
May Allah swt blessed you and your wife too and all of us muslims too..:salah: :tti_sister: Oh Allah, The Most Gracious and the Most Merciful,, have mercy on us ,,the muslims who are in dire need of your mercy,, and pls keep us steadfast in our deen....Ameen Ya Rabbal Alameen

:wasalam::hijabi:

Aminah 4 Allah

I beleive in Allah
Assalamu Alaikum brother undeeniable,

What a beautiful story. May Allah bless the Moroccan Brother for his kindness towards you and your wife. Inshallah everything will be okay with your car and you will not have any further stresses with it.

If I am understanding you correctly, both you and your wife are Muslim reverts? My husband and I are also both Muslim reverts. I have never heard of this before except in our case. Masha'Allah!!

May Allah bless us all and especially the Moroccan brother for his kindness.

Wassalam,
Aminah :hijabi: