online classes for learning arabic?

rizzumd

Your brother
:salam2:

Does anybody know if any online classes that we can take in our leissure time to learn arabic?
I have seen many sites where we can learn basics.. I have gone through many sites..
But I want some tutor to help me in excelling my learning. As I cannot afford for physically attending classes, online would be more helpful..
Please let me know if you know any such classes.
JazakAllahu khair.

rizzumd

Your brother
JazakAllah khair sister.. I have seen that course earlier. But there is no tutor.. I am looking for some course where there is some one to teach using mic..

hambaAllah

:bismillah:

rizzumd
online classes for learning arabic?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does anybody know if any online classes that we can take in our leissure time to learn arabic?
I have seen many sites where we can learn basics.. I have gone through many sites..
But I want some tutor to help me in excelling my learning. As I cannot afford for physically attending classes, online would be more helpful..
JazakAllahu khair.

Try downloading Paltalk and check out when they have arabic classes though its in urdu so far that i know but kind of advance...the best is to register at www.italki.com and where you could do language exchange with native arab speakers who wants to learn english or whatever your mother tongue is ;).. like what i do although there no gurantee that you will get the arabic you want... one cant be choosy... something is better than nothing... wish you the best eh.. i am still learning them now i end up doing more selfstudy than more one on one :(:(

:wasalam::hijabi:

umm hussain

JazakAllah khair sister.. I have seen that course earlier. But there is no tutor.. I am looking for some course where there is some one to teach using mic..

Waiyakum

You have to find out before taking any Arabic course if they teach classical Arabic or one of those dialects depending on which country they are from because you will need to learn Classical and not dialect. I got this tip from a sister and I am glad I asked a sister who is teaching my kids Arabic otherwise they would have been taught a Moroccan dialect instead of Classical Arabic.

Hope this one helps but you have to pay for it. There are a couple of free lessons you can have a look at. There is an on-line tutor via Skype.
http://www.arabacademy.com/

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Asalaamu'Alykum,

^ Initially the website looks good but the poor layout of the prices really, really put me off. I just couldn't get my head around it.

Personally, reading the Qur'an was the key for me and then moving onto understanding it.

If that's your goal too , then:

http://www.melspublications.com/courseset.asp?coursesetid=2 (Reading Qur'an)

The above was well worth it although you can get it with cassettes a bit more cheaper. You need to be well self motivated (personal opinion) in order to be successful. I can confirm it works although i have not really gone through the handwriting part even though it recommended it. I was a total beginner which means with time, effort and practice you will make it and that lovely feeling when reading the Qur'an.

This pack does look similar to MadinahArabic link although its your choice, i think with books and audio it will be better than a monitor, unless you print it out. :). Its very well laid out. If you like i will upload the 1st audio unit, you can't really benefit that much from it but it gives you a taste so MELS Publications won't lose out. Please inform me if you want me to do this.

Here is a summary from the website:

"Complete set of Graded Steps in Qur'an Reading and Arabic Handwriting Course with books, workbooks, CDs and other audiovisual aids for teaching/learning the reading of the Arabic script, rules of Qur'anic recitation based on the 'UTHMANI SCRIPT', and Arabic handwriting."

Insh'Allah this helped. May Allah make it easy for you in order to learn Arabic. Ameen.

You could say that i didn't really learn Arabic, but i did "Qur'anic Arabic". Enough about that. You will know the next step after completing this, it says in the back :).

Alhamdulilah

Walaykum Salam

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Asalaamu'Alykum,

Well, here is Unit 1, i just decided to post it anyway. I attached an image too which shows the contents but i took this from the official website.

Insh'Allah this has helped somehow.

Walaykum Salam

Attachments

• 01 - MELS - Unit 1.mp3
    2.3 MB · Views: 56
  • GradedStepsTeachersSelfStudy-Inner.jpg
    GradedStepsTeachersSelfStudy-Inner.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 110

witness100

totally online Arabic classes

A new school has launched this Ramadan that is totally online. This is using the best in the world for online language learning with The Arabic Language Institute & Forum Online (ALIF Online).

It uses the RosettaStone and Pimsleur methods which are world leaders in language teaching. Its a new approach to learning Arabic - very different from the Medina books which is very established in the Muslim community.

I've used the Pimsleur program to learn French & Spanish and it will get you conversing in Arabic in no time. The Rosetta Stone program is the world leader so expect similar or better results.

You can google both Rosetta Stone, Pimsleur and ALIF Online and check them out. I am not able to post the URLs. I'll post them later when I've accumulated 15 posts.

JazakAllahu khair.

salapuddin35

i believe the best way to learn arabic is to grab the video from you tube using download helper which is installed to your browser.

now which videos you should look for!? i started looking arabic alphabet lessons taught to kids instead of the more advance like the madina lectures which i cant even see the whiteboard what he's writing. it's okay you dont see the person who's talking as long as you can hear how he pronounce the words and you can see the visuals.

I remember when i started learning english i watch sesame street, i believe it's the same thing in learning arabic, try to look for the most simple approach in learning. no matter how many pdf files you download if it doesn't have an audio where you can listen how the words are pronounced it's useless. unless their is a word in english that rhymes with the arabic alphabet or word if you know how to pronounce it that is.

Fatima_ahmad

Quran Online

Assalam-0-Alakum:
Well ONLINE CLASSES FOR LEARNING ARABIC is now adays very easy task.Well quranreading is the best site.Well its a site where u not only can learn Arabic easily but also you can learn quran in the best way..

wsalam