Only in my dreams?

Sakeena

Asalam alaikum everyone! :biggrin:

I've had a number of strange dreams that I was pregnant and having painful contractions, and in the other dream I had a cute baby boy mashaAllah. This took me by surprise, I mean, considering the fact that I'm not married yet-lol). Is this considered bad or anything. :girl3: It was like a series of chapters. Now I'm going nuts! :( Is there some kind of meaning to these dreams, or does it mean that perhaps I'll have an amazing family someday? I don't want any kids right now or anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!

salaam alaikum' :tti_sister:

-Sakeena

JenGiove

I've had a number of strange dreams that I was pregnant and having painful contractions, and in the other dream I had a cute baby boy mashaAllah. .......Is this considered bad or anything. :girl3: It was like a series of chapters. ..... Is there some kind of meaning to these dreams

Sister,

I am going to answer you but it will not be from an Islamic point of view, since I'm not a Muslim.

It is my personal belief that dreams assist us in working through our internal stresses. If we are in school and fear an upcoming test, we might dream about a competition....

Being pregnant means that there is something developing and growing inside that takes time and in order for the child to be born, you must go through a period of pain and anguish. After the child is born though, what you have is a wonderful child that you love.

What is going on in your life right now? Are you working on something that is taking time and is challenging but you know that in the end, things will be for the best?

I hope that whatever you are doing that is taking alot of focus and energy will make you as happy as holding a newborn child in your arms.

Good luck.

JenGiove

Strange dreams ..and an even stranger (albeit believable) explanation above, lol.

My last dream, couple days ago was that I had lost my car keys. Come the next morning, I had indeed ..lost my car keys! They were nowhere to be found. I went through just as much anguish in real life trying to find them as I had done in my dream.

Anyways ..I'm not one for dream interpreting, not my department, I remember sis muslimah_86 knew a bit about that.

Wa-salaam

STRANGE???? <huff> :lol: Actually, I like to study dreams. I have a "dictionary" and it at least guides you to what the common meanings are, thought because each person is different, each person might have a different emotional perception of the symbols in dreams.

I forgot to mention though that a common meaning of infants/children in dreams is that they represent ourselves....to to "give birth" to a new "self" and to feel positive feelings about that child... :)

faaraa

Nothing but Muslimah

I've had a number of strange dreams that I was pregnant and having painful contractions, and in the other dream I had a cute baby boy mashaAllah. This took me by surprise, I mean, considering the fact that I'm not married yet-lol). Is this considered bad or anything. :girl3: It was like a series of chapters. Now I'm going nuts! :( Is there some kind of meaning to these dreams, or does it mean that perhaps I'll have an amazing family someday? I don't want any kids right now or anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!

salaam alaikum' :tti_sister:

-Sakeena

:wasalam: sister Sakeena

I would like to tell you that we are not prophets to interpret dreams dear... :)
you see.. no matter what you see in your dreams... this is what the hadeeth says..

The righteous dream is from Allaah and the bad dream is from the devil, so if anyone sees something which pleases him then he should only relate it to one whom he loves…’

Summary of what to do upon having a bad dream:

* Spit on your left three times
* Seek refuge in Allaah from shaytaan and the evil of what you saw
* Do not relate it to anyone
* Turn and sleep on the opposite side to which you were sleeping on previously.
* Get up and pray if you so desire.

(TAKEN FROM HISNUL MUSLIM) as I have no time to seek for the references directly from Bukhari & Muslim... Just refer HISNUL MUSLIM so that INSHA ALLAH you would find the references... :)

So be brave... and always seek protection & make Dua... ALLAH TALA is always with you ... be happy always..:) :hijabi:

FEE AMANILLAH :hearts:

Abdul25

Logical Believer

:salam2:

I would say based on my experience that sometimes u get glad tidings i.e good news through dreams and some times warnings through dreams. as it happened with me, before the death of father ( sudden death , he was alright), for consecutive 4 nights i saw my father dead in my dreams and on fifth day he was dead. another things is that u dream what you think all the day, what matters to u most, as i see my father everyday whenever i feel asleep i see him in my dreams, those dreams are just normal, as used to be in real life. my old home , my father , my village , i see them all the time because i think about it all the day , i think all the day these things and these things come into my mind at night.

Most of the times you see what you want to see, what you think all day and what is in your head all the time

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
maybe if you dreamt to be pregnant,there would be a friend of yours or a relative who is waiting a child!!!It happened to me some weeks ago.I dreamt every night to be pregnant.I supposed me to be so,but after some days I knew that my sister in law was pregnant and a friend of mine was so...
I had the sensation of the pregnancy of these two people without knowing it before.a new born baby is a good fortune,but if you felt the pain of contractions,this fortune will be arrive after some difficulties.may Allah help you.I often dreamt about storms and big fires:they both are natural events coming from Allah's will,but in these days I've been dreaming about a man with a scarf who comes to me every night and he reads me some verses of Quran,then he goes away.I wish to know who is he,but I can't.

JenGiove

I've been dreaming about a man with a scarf who comes to me every night and he reads me some verses of Quran,then he goes away.I wish to know who is he,but I can't.

I think little sister has been wanting to be the wife of Muhammad...:) hehehehehehehe

zinirah

If dreams are suppose to come true...then i should be dieing soon from Cancer:) Sorry i don't know anything about dreams.

Kakorot

:wasalam:

There was this shaykh and he said that good dreams are from Allaah and bad dreams are from shaytaan; however you may have a dream which seems general, (e.g. going to the shop and buying a bottle of milk. Is this a good dream or bad dream? Does it need interpretation? Maybe not). He also said that if you think of something constantly, you may even have a dream of it. Like yesterday I was reading a book about this boy who is involved with anti-social behaviour, and he's into a lot of crime. I thought about it for the rest of the day. Then last night I had a dream I was alone on the upper deck of the bus and this kid came up to me in a hoody and started on me for my phone or something lol. You see the link? So maybe you think about these things too much, hence you dream of them. :) Or maybe not. I'm not a scholar, Allaah Knows best.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
@jenGiove.it was a man who read me the Quran,not a woman.I recognized the male voice and each time I fall in a beautiful beatification.it's a sensation that let me to be like if I'm flying in the sky.

MohammedMaksudul

May Allah Forgive us

Alhamdulillah, I see all sorts of strange dreams. Where each scene is not related to the others. And all the scenes are connected to my process of thought through out the day or week or month, etc.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
many times in the dreams it's hidden a desire or a fear that in the reality is not possible to face.I have many desires,and my dreams get coloured of every sort of images and sensations,while I perfectly know that the reality is different.A'udhu Billah,sometimes the evil comes in my sleepth and makes me dream what gives me the emotion of a teenager and I sometimes wish not to wake up,because what I'm seeing is too beautiful...I don't know why in my dreams I feel attracted from the phisycal aspect of the Imam with a long shave;like a saudi man!when I woke up I asked to my husband to let his shave to grow longer,because it could make me more attracted.He said that he could do it,but it makes me laugh if I image him in a long shave,because he's not the kind of person who does it.:shake:

Ahsen

@jenGiove.it was a man who read me the Quran,not a woman.I recognized the male voice and each time I fall in a beautiful beatification.it's a sensation that let me to be like if I'm flying in the sky.

You are lucky that you hear QURAN in your dreams.