Which would you think is worse?

• Your spouse drinks alcohol

Votes: 17 63.0%
  • Your spouse eats pork

Votes: 10 37.0%

• Total voters

q8penpals

Salam

Just curious, which would you think is worse...

A. Your spouse drinks alcohol

B. Your spouse eats pork

I am asking because I have noticed in Kuwait that many, many Muslims seem to have no problem drinking alcohol (which is basically a double-sin here because first it is forbidden by God, and second it is forbidden by the law of the land), but freak out totally about eating pork. Both are forbidden by God.

Personally, I feel that alcohol would be worse, because it alters your mind, ruins your body (cirrocis of the liver for one), has no value to your body, and can be addicting.

I feel pork is only forbidden as a test - the people who point to diseases by pork need to know it is only if it is not stored or cooked properly (more people get sick from poultry in the US than from pork). I have never heard of anyone addicted to pork or it altering their mind, and it is a food source in the state of an emergency (starve to death or eat pork).

So, just curious, which do you think is worse?:

Lana

dna1987

Muslim Guy
I picked:
A. Spouse drinking alcohol

Definitely. Alcohol is the "mother of all evils". If a person gets drunk then they can commit many more sins - perhaps even bigger ones.

Eating pork (very unhealthy; even many non-muslims don't eat it) is also haram but one can't get intoxicated off it and hurt other people around them.
Salam alaikum.

EDIT:
I feel pork is only forbidden as a test - the people who point to diseases by pork need to know it is only if it is not stored or cooked properly (more people get sick from poultry in the US than from pork). I have never heard of anyone addicted to pork or it altering their mind, and it is a food source in the state of an emergency (starve to death or eat pork).
Lana

Pork bought from the store; it's always a health issue - watch this video:

[yt]p2eEw26J0z8[/yt]

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
:salam2:
I chose alchol because it's addictive and depending on how much someone is drinking and what their personality is, they could get violent and break up the family.:wasalam:

bintul islam

biz musulmanikh
Salam Lana,
Allah sw knows the true reason for why pork is haram but here are some of my opinions (based on my education thus far) on why is could be haram:
1-One who eats swine loses bashfulness/shamefulness (i.e. a husband won't care if their wife talks with a million other guys or leaves nothing to the imagination with her clothing).
2-Pigs have worms, just like horses and donkeys...not healthy!
3-A percentage of pigs urine circulates in its flesh
4-They are dirty, they are known for being dirty....

I can come up with a million other reasons and I can back them all up with proofs but no need for that, I don't have the time. I agree with dna but I think both is very bad, it's like deciding whether not to pray or not to fast, both is a equally evil.

Salam

Lana

Proud_2b_Muslim

Ahmad M. Al-Marshoud
:salam2:
I voted for alcohol , in my opinion it`s a very big sin , the person maybe addicted to it and it ruin the mind and also it stays in blood for about a month , the person who drink alcohol his pray will not be accepted .
if you eat pork by mistake you can fix it by eating camel meat cause the pork takes the jealousy from the man and the camel give it back , I hope that I am not wrong

um_mustafa

sister in Islam
Salam

A. Your spouse drinks alcohol

B. Your spouse eats pork

I am asking because I have noticed in Kuwait that many, many Muslims seem to have no problem drinking alcohol (which is basically a double-sin here because first it is forbidden by God, and second it is forbidden by the law of the land), but freak out totally about eating pork. Both are forbidden by God.

Personally, I feel that alcohol would be worse, because it alters your mind, ruins your body (cirrocis of the liver for one), has no value to your body, and can be addicting.

Lana

Salams so true about muslims that dont practise their religion that they don't think twice about drinking but would NEVER EAT PORK but like you say personaly alcohol would be the worst of 2 evils Subhanallah

Suhaila1

~~~~~~
I picked pork just because I accidentally ate pork as a kid, and I know from experience that it tastes like absolute garbage, so if I would be mortified that my husband would actually WANT to eat it. Haram-wise, I think they're equal.

ja_tu_miluju

I chose alcohol, just because many people become abusive under the influence..

after that video though...ugh, made me want to throw up, AND...i think there should be an option in this poll for both, because that's just disgusting

amjaddamen

brother
Salam Lana,
Allah sw knows the true reason for why pork is haram

i agree with you sister.
offcourse there is always reason why allah forbid things , not only health reasons , but it is not our concern , our concern is follow allah rulings.
for the poll : both the same

A Kashmiri

Sallam Alaikum,

I have reservations on this poll, i hope some non muslims who are learning about islam will not get wrong inforamtion that Islam favours pork over Alcohol,

What we know that both are Haram and Allah didnt ranked them in Quran. I believe we should refrain from ranking the same.

There are always black sheep in every community. religion, as the brother had said about people in Kuwait. However as a muslim i am proud that we are the biggest teetoaler community in the world.

I am sorry if it hurts anyone.