Our souls may have met before our bodies! (no exaggeration!)

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
:salam2:

Ever wondered why you like or dislike some people upon meeting them? and you can never figure out *exactly* what provoked you to *feel* that way?!..even though you barely had the time to know them?!..well brothers and sisters..ponder the hadiths below..and by Allah a shiver will take over your body from head to toe!

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) Saying: souls are troops collected together and those who familiarized with each other (in the heaven from where these come) would have affinity, with one another (in the world) and those amongst them who opposed each other (in the Heaven) would also be divergent (in the world). (Book #032, Hadith #6376)

In another narration:

Abu Huraira narrated directly from Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) that he said: "The souls are troops collected together and those who had a mutual familiarity amongst themselves in the store of prenatal existence would have affinity amongst them, (in this world also) and those who opposed one of them, would be at variance with one another. (Book #032, Hadith #6377)

The next time you meet someone you feel a tremendous comfort around and sense that you've *known* them for ages though you have barely even spoken to them...chances are...that is reminiscent of a time when your souls knew each other..and were trooped together upon mutual familiarity and compassion..in a setting that is otherworldly..existing long before this one

Sobhanallah always and forever!

:wasalam:

Isra

aka Tree2008
As salamo alaikome....

Jazakallah khairan. I have heard this before in my days of seeking the truth from religion before I knew about Islam. I have always believed in this and now that I hear proof from the Prophet (sal allahu alayhi wa salam) himself it gave me a feeling of comfort to know what I believed in even before I knew about Islam was the truth.

Also its kind of eerie that some other religions occasionally touch on the truth about certain things but then the rest of what they teach is so distorted that its hard to know what to believe. I have always gone with the feeling I have deep in my heart when I learn something and this to me is what true faith is all about. Allah will let you know the truth if you really seek the truth and you really have the desire to know.

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
wa'alaikumussalam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

JazakiAllahu khair dear sister for teaching something totally new for me. :)

That's surely amazing MashaAllah.

wassalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
jazaak Allah khair

oh...maybe thts y when ppl see happily married couples; they say that 'marriages are made in heaven'.

maybe those couples liked each other before taking birth in this world and then Allah blessed them with each other's company in this life too.

Muslim18

Blessed Muslimah

Jaza kallahu khair for that MashaAllah you learn something new everyday SubhanaAllah i always get that feeling :hijabi:

Safiyah_

Wow it's true, it makes me shiver !
I'm even speecheless.
It''s very nice to know this and I'm gonna pay attention to it.

musliminah 05

My husband told me about this a long time ago. We were talking about when you meet someone and for some unknown reason you sometimes just dont get on! So I thank you for giving the hadith about it Marshallah Jazakallah, as it is a subject we are always talk about!
:wasalam::tti_sister:

D.Ahmed

Believer

SubhanAllah! That's very fascinating and very interesting to know and it makes alot of sense to me now because it fills in alot of holes. What about De ja vu? :confused:

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
Assalaamu 3alaikum ukhtee,
What book source is this from? Bukhaaree, Muslim, tirmidhee?

The two narrations I have provided in the thread are from *Sahih Muslim*..there's also a third narration which I found in Arabic but could not find in English (and thus did not provide)..that one is found in *Sahih Bukhari*

I apologize for not listing this upon making the thread..it escaped my mind completely..so baraka allaho feeki for reminding me ukhti..I sure do appreciate it! :)

salafi

quran=balance=sunnah
salam walikom thank u sister
wallahi i love this hadith me and my friend we always loved each other hehehe
and we always believed it was because of this hadith

Safiyah_

SubhanAllah! That's very fascinating and very interesting to know and it makes alot of sense to me now because it fills in alot of holes. What about De ja vu? :confused:

Deja vu is just a moment that your brain shuts down. That's why you think that you have seen it before but it was less then a second ago :)

safiya58

Jazak Allahu ckair dear sister for this interesting topic. I read this hadith somewhere a long time ago.... and this is the reason why I believe in love at first sight! I don´t believe that when you love someone this someone is not loving you or when this someone is loving you but you don´t love this someone.... if so this is not true love (I´m not talking only about man/woman, husband/wife also the love you have for your sister, brothers in Islam)
some ppl think when someone is pious enogh that´s it, he/she is the ideal husband/wife... the ahadith you´ve mentioned shows more conditions are necessary... the hearts or souls of two ppl have to attract eachother... if not he can be pious and she can be pious too but it will not work!

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Assalamu Alaikum my sweeeeeeeet sis:D
JazakaAllah khairan for this hadith:D I never knew this before:D it's very interesting subhanaAllah:D:D:D:D
So, our souls' really meet?? subhanaAllah....it's amaaaaaaaaaazing! I know I have experienced this before but I never thought there was actually a hadith about it. I actually thought I have met the person somewhere else that I dont remember.lo0ol
I have a quick question....how do we meet? I mean, how do the souls travel to heaven?? Is it part of the Ghaayb???
well, this has educated me alot! jazakaAllah khairan for this:D:D:D
Allah hafiz now and always dear sister:D