Pearls of Wisdom!

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
It is reported from Ibraheem an-Nakha'ee that he said:

When Shaytaan comes to you whilst you are engaged in prayer and says: You are showing off, increase it in length.

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
Some of the Salaf said,

"Whoever had a single instance in his lifetime which was purely and sincerely for the sake of Allaah, the Exalted, will be saved. And this is due to the greatness of ikhlaas."

umm hussain

"If you want your prayer to be of benefit to you, say to yourself, 'I might not have a chance to perform another prayer.'"

Unknown

umm hussain

"The Wise are those who learn from their mistakes. The Wisest are those who learn from the mistakes of others."

By Arab Proverb

Abdul-Raheem

Signing Out.....
:salam2:

Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose laziness and despondency make them give it up as unattainable.

"And We shall try you until We test those among you who strive their utmost and persevere in patience"
- Qur'an, 47:31

Who does greater evil than he who is reminded of the signs of the Lord, then turns away from them?
- Qur'an, 32:22

"You think about what you do not have and are ungrateful for what you have been given"

"The important thing to know is that tomorrow is from the world of the unseen, a bridge that we do not cross until it comes. Who knows, perhaps we might never reach the bridge, or the bridge might collapse before we reach it, or we may actually reach it and cross safely"

BlueFish

A man's true wealth hereafter is the good that he does in this world to his fellows. - Mohammad (PBUH)

Those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.
- George Bernard Shaw.

Be careful of your thoughts, they may become words at any moment.
- Unknown.

A truth spoken before its time is dangerous.
- Unknown.

In God We Trust...
...all others pay cash.
-- Unknown.

Being right is highly overrated. Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.
-- Unknown.

Anyone without a sense of humor is at the mercy of everyone else.
-- William E. Rothschild.

Scientists were rated as great heretics by the church, but they were truly religious men because of their faith in the orderliness of the universe.
--Albert Einstein

“A little science leads one away from God, a great deal of science leads one back to Him.”
- unknown

A Greek, an Arab, a Turk and a Persian once came together, and when they were hungry they pooled their money to buy something to eat. At that point a difficulty arose, however, because the Greek wanted to buy stafil, the Arab wanted to buy inab, the Persian wanted angur while the Turk wanted uzum. They finally began to quarrel, and at that moment a wise sage passing by interrupted them. “Tell me what you want,” he said, and taking the money from them, soon came back with some grapes. They were amazed to see that they all had wanted the same thing. So it is with human beings everywhere: although we all fundamentally want the same things, we call them by different names, and in doing so imagine they are different.
- unknown

“A man can know less about God than an ant can know of the contents of the British Museum.”
-Carl Gustav Jung

{The truth is that we have become alienated from our spirits. And this estrangement has progressed to such an extent that some of us even deny that we possess spirits at all. But the spirit is nothing but that which animates the body. To say that spirit does not exist in a living being is like saying that a radio or TV set can work without electricity. Suppose a man born blind came to you and said: “Eyesight cannot exist, because I have never experienced its existence.” Would you believe him? Philosopher David Hume claimed that he had conducted lengthy introspection and could not find any trace of man’s soul. But in order to find something, one first has to look in the proper place, and in the right way.

Nasruddin Hodja (also know as Mullah Nasruddin, the humorous sage of the Middle East) was once looking for something in the middle of the street. He was down on all fours, searching. A man who knew him came by, and asked him what he was looking for. “I’ve lost a key,” the Hodja replied. So the man began to help him. After a while, though, unable to find anything, the man asked: “Hodja, where did you say you dropped the key?” “Down in the basement of my house,” the Hodja said.

The man laughed. “Why, Hodja,” he exclaimed, “in that case we’re looking in the wrong place. Why aren’t we looking in your basement instead?” “Ah,” said the Hodja, “it’s too dark in my basement. This is where the light is.”}
-excerpt from THE MEANING

Hope you all enjoy these. :)

PEACE!

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
Maybe there is a Jinn sitting in the corner of your room right now, or even one behind you. If so, then how will you deal with this creation of Allaah? Learn Islam properly and you will be able to deal with all of Allaah's creation - and not just the Jinn. By becoming true Muslims and followers of Islam, the fear of Iblis, Jinns and anything else will leave us - nothing will touch the Believer unless Allaah wills

From the 'Invitation to Islam' Newsletter, Issue 4, January 1998

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
As for the people of Hell, they are its inhabitants, and they neither live therein nor die. But there are people who will enter Hell because of their sins – or mistakes – so Allaah will cause them to die once, then when they become like coal, He will give permission for intercession (for them).

Imaam an-Nawawee

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
وَاصْبِرْ نَفْسَكَ مَعَ الَّذِينَ يَدْعُونَ رَبَّهُم بِالْغَدَاةِ وَالْعَشِيِّ يُرِيدُونَ وَجْهَهُ وَلَا تَعْدُ عَيْنَاكَ عَنْهُمْ تُرِيدُ زِينَةَ الْحَيَاةِ الدُّنْيَا وَلَا تُطِعْ مَنْ أَغْفَلْنَا قَلْبَهُ عَن ذِكْرِنَا وَاتَّبَعَ هَوَاهُ وَكَانَ أَمْرُهُ فُرُطًا

And keep yourself (O Muhammad SAW) patiently with those who call on their Lord (i.e. your companions who remember their Lord with glorification, praising in prayers, etc., and other righteous deeds, etc.) morning and afternoon, seeking His Face, and let not your eyes overlook them, desiring the pomp and glitter of the life of the world; and obey not him whose heart We have made heedless of Our Remembrance, one who follows his own lusts and whose affair (deeds) has been lost. (Al-Kahf 18:28)

Abdul-Raheem

Signing Out.....

Whoever desires Paradise, proceeds towards goodness; whoever fears Hell, refrains from the impulses of passions; whoever believes firmly in death, detests wordly life; and whoever recognises the worldly life, the trials and tribulations (of life) become slight for him.
- Ali Ibn Abu Talib (ra)

wasalam

rk097

Every good deed is charity.

I thought it would be a good idea if we had a thread where we could share some 'pearls of wisdom' with one another. So here it is people! Feel free to contribute.

I'll start off with a few:

- Ali ibn abi Talib (radiAllah anhu)

- Imam Ash-Shafi (rahimullah)

Abdul-Raheem

Signing Out.....

The heart becomes sick, as the body becomes sick, and its remedy is Tawbah (repentance) and protection [from transgression].
It becomes rusty as a mirror becomes rusty, and its clarity is obtained by remembrance.
It becomes naked as the body becomes naked, and its beautification is Taqwa (Piety).
It becomes hungry and thirsty as the body becomes hungry, and its food and drink are knowledge, love, dependence, repentance and servitude.

- Ibn Al-Qayyim Al-Jawziyyah

Hajar

Staff member

'The religion (of Islam) is easy. No one ever made it difficult without it becoming too much for him. So avoid extremes and strike a balance, do the best you can and be cheerful, and seek Allah's help (through prayer) in the morning, and evening, and part of the night.'

'A person's wealth will never decrease from giving in charity.'

- Prophet Muhammed (PBUH)

Bearing witness to tawhîd opens the door of good and repentance from sins closes the door of evil.

Every punishment from Him is pure justice and every blessing from Him is pure grace.

Saifu deen

Alhamdullah..

Sayings of Prophet Mohammed (PBUH)

There is a key for everything, and the key to Paradise is to love the poor. The Prophet Muhammad (PBUH), as reported by Ibn Umar

What I fear most for my people are the hypocrites, who talk wisely, yet act unjustly. - The Prophet Muhammad (PBUH), as reported by Umar bin al-Khattab

Whenever a transgressor is praised, the Almighty Allah becomes enraged, and the Throne shudders in dismay. The Prophet Muhammad, as reported by Anas bin Malik

When a person wakes up in the early hours of dawn, an angel proclaims, "Glorify the Lord, Most Holy!" The Prophet Muhammad, as reported by Al-Zubayr bin al-Awwam

When you see the misfortune of your brother, do not rejoice, for Allah may save him and afflict you with the same misfortune. The Prophet Muhammad, as reported by Wa'silah bin al-Asqa'a

Children of Adam! Distribute your surplus wealth in the name of Allah; it will earn you more merit. Do not hold it back. You must not be remembered for miserliness, so begin with those closest to you.

- The Prophet Muhammad, as reported by Abu Umamah

A believer is never tired of hearing about good deeds until he enters Paradise.- The Prophet Muhammad, as reported by Abu Sayeed al-Khodri

:wasalam:

Muslimah-S

Seek The Almighty
IN THE SENTENCE OF LIFE, THE DEVIL MAY BE A COMMA BUT NEVER LET HIM BE THE PERIOD.

Action is the biggest measurement of knowledge

All I have seen teaches me to trust the creator for all I haven’t seen

It was not Muslims that made Islam great; it was Islam that made Muslims great.

"Seek knowledge, because seeking it for the sake of Allah is a worship. And knowing it makes you more God-fearing; and searching for it is jihad, teaching it to those who do not know is charity, reviewing and learning it more is like tasbeeh. Through knowledge Allah will be known and worshipped. With the knowledge Allah will elevate people and make them leaders and imams, who will in turn guide other people." Ibn Taymiyya

“My God, how could I be disappointed while You are my hope?
Or how could I be betrayed while my trust is in You?”
Imam ibn Alawi Al-Haddad

The most wonderful heart is the heart that fears Allah.
The most beautiful words are The Words of Allah.
The Purest love is The Love for Allah

Carry A Heart that Never Hates…
Carry a Smile that Never Fades…
Carry a Touch that never Hurts…
Carry a Friendship that Never Fails.