Pearls of Wisdom!

Abdul-Raheem

Signing Out.....
:salam2:

I thought it would be a good idea if we had a thread where we could share some 'pearls of wisdom' with one another. So here it is people! Feel free to contribute.

I'll start off with a few:

"Knowledge is of two kinds: that which is absorbed and that which is heard. And that which is heard does not profit if it is not absorbed."
- Ali ibn abi Talib (radiAllah anhu)

"Peace is not an absence of war, it is a virtue, a state of mind, a disposition for benevolence, confidence, justice."
"When we look for strength in ourselves, we will be weak.
When we look for strength in Allah, we will be invincible."
"Never do I argue with a man with a desire to hear him say
what is wrong, or to expose him and win victory over him.
Whenever I face an opponent in debate I silently pray -
O Lord, help him so that truth may flow from his heart
and on his tongue, and so that if truth is on my side, he may follow me;
and if truth be on his side, I may follow him."
- Imam Ash-Shafi (rahimullah)

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)

"Never do I argue with a man with a desire to hear him say
what is wrong, or to expose him and win victory over him.
Whenever I face an opponent in debate I silently pray -
O Lord, help him so that truth may flow from his heart
and on his tongue, and so that if truth is on my side, he may follow me;
and if truth be on his side, I may follow him."

- Imam Ash-Shafi (rahimullah)

:mashallah:
JazaAllah khairan for sharing .
I like the above quote very much...

Abdul-Raheem

Signing Out.....

"Why do you seek more knowledge when you pay no heed to what you already know?"

"A friend cannot be considered a friend until he is tested in three occasions: in time of need, behind your back, and after your death."
- Ali ibn abi Talib (radiAllah anhu)

"Joy and sorrow are the light and shade of life;
without light and shade no picture is clear."

"Pride is concerned with who is right.
Humility is concerned with what is right."

"If a gem falls into mud it is still valuable.
If dust ascends to heaven, it remains valueless."

misalat

mashaa Allah!
it's a wonderfull thought, thanks for sharing with us.
may Allah raward you for your work.
Ma'a salaama.

Abdul-Raheem

Signing Out.....

"When the world pushes you to your knees, your are in the perfect position to pray."

"If the first inward thought is not warded off, it will generate a desire, then the desire will generate a wish, and the wish will generate an intention, and the intention will generate the action, and the action will result in ruin and divine wrath. So evil must be cut off at its root, which is when it is simply a thought that crosses the mind, from which all the other things follow on."

"Better to avoid the poison altogether than to try to heal from the damage it causes."

"Cease to sin, because you will not meet Allah with anything [as valuable] as few sins."
- A'isha (radiAllahu anha)

"To admonish your brother in private is to advise him and improve him. But to admonish him publicly is to disgrace and shame him."
- Imam Shafi (rahimullah)

wasalam

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
On the authority of Omar bin Al-Khattab, who said : I heared the messenger of Allaah say :

"Actions are but by intention and every man shall have but that which he intended. Thus he whose migration was for Allah and His messenger, his migration was for Allaah and His messenger, and he whose migration was to achieve some worldly benefit or to take some woman in marriage, his migration was for that for which he migrated."

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
Shaykh ul Islaam Ibn Taymiyah (Rahimahullaah) said:

"The perfection of Tawheed is found when there remains nothing in the heart except Allaah, the servant is left loving those He loves and what He loves, hating those He hates and what He hates, showing allegiance to those He has allegiance to, showing enmity to those He shows enmity towards, ordering what He ordered and prohibiting what He prohibits."

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
And of them there are some who believe therein, and of them there are some who believe not therein, and your Lord is All-Aware of the Mufsidoon.

And if they belie you, say: "For me are my deeds and for you are your deeds! You are innocent of what I do, and I am innocent of what you do!"

And among them are some who listen to you, but can you make the deaf to hear, even though they apprehend not?

And among them are some who look at you, but can you guide the blind, even though they see not?

Truly! Allah wrongs not mankind in aught; but mankind wrong themselves.

Surah Yunus ayat 40-44

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
On the authority of Aboo Maalik al-Haarith ibn 'Aasim al-'Ash'aree (radiallahu anhu) that he said the Messenger of Allah (salla lahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Purification is half of Eemaan (faith), Alhamdulillaah fills the scale, Subhaan Allaah and Alhamdulillaah fill what is between the heaven and the earth, prayer is light, charity is evidence, and patience is illumination. The Qur'aan is a proof for you or against you. Every person begins his day as a vendor of his soul either freeing it or ruining it”.

(Related by Muslim #223)

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
Qala Rasulullah [sallalahu alayhi wasallam] :

“How can I lead a life of ease when the angel of the horn has put it to its lips and raised his forehead anticipating to hear the call, so when he is ordered to blow, he will blow.” So the Muslims said: What should we say (supplicate) O Messenger of Allah [sallalahu alayhi wasallam]? He replied: “Say: Sufficient is Allah for us and He is the best of Guardians, we put our trust in Allah, our Lord”

Reported by Al-Haakim.

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
"When a young man is devout, we do not recognise him by his speech. We recognise him by his actions. That is beneficial knowledge."

al-Hasan al-Basree

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
Where are the bright ones, the handsome-looking ones, and where are those who took pride in their youthfulness, where have they gone? Where are the great kings who built cities and castles and fortified them with towering walls? What happened to the lionhearted valorous ones who made their enemy suffer humiliation in the battlefields? Time waned under their feet and they ended inside dark graves. Think of it and take heed.

Abu Bakr (radiAllahu 'anhu)

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
Shaqeeq Ibn Ibaraheem said:

"The doors of success have been closed upon the creation because of six things:

Their busing themselves with the blessings of Allah instead of thanking Allah for them, their desire for knowledge while they abandon actions, the hastiness to sin and delaying repentance, the deception of having righteous companions and not taking them as examples, the turning away of the dunya from them while they chase it, and the approach of the afterlife towards them while they turn away from it."

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
Ibn Mas’ood (radiyallaahu ’anhu) said:

“You are in a time whose scholars are many, and its speakers are few. After you will come a time whose scholars are few, and whose speakers are many.”

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
’Awn Ibn ’Abdullaah (d.120H) – rahimahullaah – said:

“Three are from eemaan (faith): modesty, chastity, and withholding the tongue – not the heart, nor the actions – since these are things that bring profit in the Hereafter, and loss in this life. And whatever is gained in the Hereafter is greater than whatever is lost in this life.”