People who know how to work Microsoft Word

Shannonx

:salam2:
I'm writing my research paper for my senior project, I saved it last night and opened it right now to continue writing it, but it won't let me write and keeps saying:

"This modification is not allowed because the selection is locked."

Anybody know how I can unlock it? I can't click on anything or even copy & paste it. It's the newest version of Microsoft Word.

A

abdul ghaleeb

sorry sis
too stupid with machines...
astaghfirullaah

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

When that happens it usually means you need the 25 digit code. Something expired and it locks the entire program. If you have a copy of the office (2003 ) it is on the back of the cd box it shoud say program code.
If not you may want to download office 2007 for a trial period and work out of it until you are able to purchase one. I hope you saved your project on a flash drive.

BintMuhammad

Staff member
Assalamu alaikum,

I haven't experienced that but you may have opened the viewing mode try going to EDIT menu and select Change To Editing Mode.

mutaqoon

just copy the file somewhere else and try to open it again either on your machine or somewhere else. either the file is locked or your software expired.

Also you could try sending it by mail to gmail. I believe gmail lets you download word docs as html

Shannonx

You're all right, it expired. My brother just told me to send it to myself and open it at school.

Which is going to suck if I can only work on it at school..hopefully it'll allow me to open it in wordpad atleast so I can work on it at home.

samiha

---------
Staff member
You're all right, it expired. My brother just told me to send it to myself and open it at school.

Which is going to suck if I can only work on it at school..hopefully it'll allow me to open it in wordpad atleast so I can work on it at home.

wa alaykum salam

you could do that, or also do as i think sis mirajmom suggested and download a free trial version until you can get something else... here's a link for that:

Download Trial Microsoft Office Pack

I don't know how long it takes and it's more than one program, but that's the least in the package I could find... if you search there might be less or something. I'm also not sure how long the trial lasts, but insha'allah it's long enough to finish your assignment? Then you can just un-install if you want.

wasalam

rony

As-salam sister,
If you have gmail (google email account) you can email it to yourself and
gmail has doc and spreadsheet you can work on that. Gmail doc and spreadsheet works jsut like microsoft word and excel.When you go to school
you just have to give some final touch. Hope it will help you. Have a good night.