Perfume for women in islam

M

Mehry

:bismillah:

:salam2: brothers and sisters

I have a question about perfume for women. I have heard that its haram for women to use perfume and i want more info. about this.

:jazaak:
:wasalam:

Umm Aysha

*Strive for Jannah*
Asalaam

Question:
Is it permissible for a woman, when she wants to go to school, to the hospital or to visit relatives and neighbours, to wear perfume and then go out?

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

It is permissible for her to wear perfume if she is going out to a women’s gathering and she will not pass by any men en route. But going out wearing perfume to market-places where there are men is not permitted, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Any woman who has applied bukhoor (incense) should not attend ‘Ishaa’ (prayers) with us.” And there are other ahaadeeth concerning this matter. That is because if she goes out wearing perfume to places where men walk or places where men gather such as the mosques, this causes temptation to them. She must also cover herself and avoid wanton display (tabarruj), because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And stay in your houses, and do not display yourselves like that of the times of ignorance”

[al-Ahzaab 33:33]

Tabarruj includes showing the sites of temptation and beauty such as the face, head, etc.

Hope this helps you sister..:)

Asalaam

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu alaykum,

Yeah, its not allowed if she is going to go outside where she may pass unrelated men, Jazakallahu khayr for muslima80.

Likewise, the intention for men needs to be proper. They will be sinning too if their intention is to attract women.. So Please brothers get the ideea of the "Lynx/Axe effect" out of your head. :biggrin:

Wasalam.

Mabsoot said:
Assalamu alaykum,

Yeah, its not allowed if she is going to go outside where she may pass unrelated men, Jazakallahu khayr for muslima80.

Likewise, the intention for men needs to be proper. They will be sinning too if their intention is to attract women.. So Please brothers get the ideea of the "Lynx/Axe effect" out of your head. :biggrin:

Wasalam.

:salam2:

haha Axe... :biggrin: inside the Metro they put up an advertisement all over the year, they change only the text of the advertisement: for example in summer they say now "you need it". In Winter they write "now also you need it because it's warm inside the metro"
That's "insanity" of advertisment :frown: so be aware of that and try to don't be a victim of like those advertisments:cool:

Om Mustafa

Alsalamalikum
But what exactly women can open...i mean face, hands...what about feet? Or she have to cover her feet?
Alsalamalikum

Om Mustafa

Asalam sister & welcome to the site

I am not sure wot you mean by your question.

Salam
:salam2: AishaR
Thank you very much!
Sorry if i didn't explain my question.
I meaned, when a muslim women go outside, she have to cover her body very well, but she can keep open her face and hands. What about her feet? Do she have to wear socks, to cover her feet when she is going out or it's not nessesary?
P.S: i am really sorry about my english...heheh...i know i'm making lot's of mistakes :tongue: still learning! :bananabb2in:

west

In answer to your question - the 4 schools have differing views on this. It depends which school of thought you follow. In the Hanafi school of though - a woman can make Salaah with her bare feet. In teh Shafi - a woman has to wear sock / stockings.

Please ask your Imam / Islamic teacher for guidance

shaakir

:salam2:

About perfume, if my wife wears it because she is concerned about her bad body odour, especially at work, where there are men as well, is this permissable (yes, she does wash every morning before work :biggrin: ).

Also, I have seen on the perfume bottle an ingredient "Alcohol Denat.". I checked on google and this is what I found :

"To prevent the ethyl alcohol in a cosmetic from being diverted illegally for use as an alcoholic beverage, it may be "denatured." This means that it contains an added "denaturant" that makes it undrinkable"

Does this make the perfume garaam?

Kayote

Assalamu alaykum,

Wasalam.

I totally want to emphasis the 'men's intentions' part as well. We (men) have to protect ourselves & give protection/respect to our women.

By the way, I find those ads 'Lynx/Axe' ads totally silly & bordering on stupidity. Thats why I dont use it :D

May I recommend Brut (yeah yeah, its old!!! Like Im not!) & Adidas! :)

ibnAbdullah87

:bismillah:

No matter which of the four madhabs you follow when the proof comes and it contradicts what one of the four imaams said you take the proof and leave the statement of the Imaam on that issues. The feet are part of the awra of the women and should be covered. Also even if a women is going to a gather that will be attended by women only, it is still better for her to take and shower and leave it at that because you do not know what will happen when you leave your home and lets say you do end up walk passed a group of men, or you are about to enter the door of the gather but because the wind is blowing men that are walking down the street can smell you perfum, or the car you are in brakes down and you have to walk etc. Fear and obey Allah as much as you can and Allah knows best.