Pictures are haram in Islam?

sha587

Shahid abdullah
:salam2:

What i know is pictures are haram in Islam. If this is the case than i am thinking about smiley and avatars.

Dont you think these are haram.

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
Question: Is it unlawful to draw pictures and create statues and figurines? If it is unlawful, are there any exceptions?

Answered by Shiekh `Abd al-Wahhâb al-Turayrî, former professor at al-Imâm University in Riyadh

The ruling regarding image making needs to be addressed in detail:

Drawing pictures by hand of people and animals is unlawful. This is indicated by clear and unambiguous textual evidence. Ibn `Abbâs relates that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “Whoever makes an image in this world, he will be requested to breathe life into it on the Day of Resurrection, but he will not be able to do it.” [Sahîh al-Bukhârî and Sahîh Mulsim]

Ibn Mas`ûd also relates that he heard the Prophet (peace be upon him) say: “The severest of penalties on the Day of Resurrection will be given to image makers” [Sahîh al-Bukhârî and Sahîh Mulsim].

Making statues of animals and people is the most unlawful aspect of image making, and it deserves the severest punishment from Allah. Drawing pictures comes second.

However, the following cases are exempted from this ruling:

1. Images used by children for playing and for learning are lawful. `Aishah said: “I used to play with dolls in front of the Prophet (Peace be upon him) with my friends …” [Sahîh al-Bukhârî and Sahîh Mulsim] as these are a means for education and constructive play and are free from the danger of being venerated.

2. Photography does not come under the category of forbidden image making, since there are many differences between photographs and hand-rendered images. It is lawful because it is an act of capturing a reflection like the reflection of an image on a mirror. Most importantly, the problem of human emulation of the creative process is not as it is with painting and sculpture.

And Allah knows best.

islamtoday.com

cmelbouzaidi

Are sculptures of humans the worst offense as people used to worship sculptured idols?
I was wondering if there is any reference for students of art or how this is handled without compromising Islamic rules?

Jazak Allahu Khair.

:wasalam:

sha587

Shahid abdullah
Under these fatwas i think most of the paitings and pics are halal.

Like playing video games is halal. Because it is for constructive purpose.
Than drawings of aliens is halal.
I did not get the point.

Yeah digital pictures dont lie under these categ. i can understand.

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.

it is accepted o halal to take pictures for the purpose of making Passport and ID cards according to Jumhoor Ulama...pictures without hiding awra is clearly haram...wallahi a'lam

wassalam

_bother IbnAdam_

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum...

Before making statements/claims, let's please provide the proofs with them. By the way, I don't see what is constructive about playing video games; fun indeed, but not constructive!

As-salaamu `alaykum...

Before making statements/claims, let's please provide the proofs with them. By the way, I don't see what is constructive about playing video games; fun indeed, but not constructive!

Mashallah I Co-sign with this brother

We should provide evidence with any statment we make.

sha587

Shahid abdullah
1. Images used by children for playing and for learning are lawful. `Aishah said: “I used to play with dolls in front of the Prophet (Peace be upon him) with my friends …” [Sahîh al-Bukhârî and Sahîh Mulsim] as these are a means for education and constructive play and are free from the danger of being venerated.

I just concluded after reading this reason.

The reason why i said video games should be halal is the fatwa i read at islamqa. Even i have read the ruling on the same issue and they said it is haram to play video games that contain pictures of animals and humans and anything similar to both. But i am not gonna discuss it because people in this website are already following this website(islamqa). So for hikmah i am will not discuss any other website.

Below is the fatwa which says video games are halal with some conditions.
Ruling on buying, selling and using Playstation games
I would like to ask about the ruling on playing video games that include some music or pictures of women, such as Playstation, and the ruling on selling them and circulating them among young people. Please note that the games are not corrupt in and of themselves and they do not promote corruption, such as football (soccer), car races bicycle races, or war games or games with weapons and so on, but they have some bad aspect as mentioned above.

Praise be to Allaah.

Electronic games in general include many evils aspects with regard to belief and behaviour, and the games are accompanied by music, and young and old become so attached to them that they make them forget their Islamic duties and distract them from the rights of their own selves and of others.

With regard to selling these games, if the haraam elements outweigh the halaal in the way it is made and the way it is used, then it is not permissible to sell them.

With regard to using them, that depends on the type of game, because some of them contain excessive violence, some of them are about pursuing prostitutes in the street, and some of them are about venerating the cross and raising the dead. They should also be free of evils such as indecent pictures and music, and they should not distract players from obligatory duties. The games should also be free of gambling and you should not play it a great deal. The shar’i ruling is based on the above. If you find these things or some of them in it, then it is not permissible to play it, but if it is free of all these things, then it is permissible.

We should advise parents and those who are in authority that it is essential to examine and watch the game before allowing children to watch it. I have found out that some games include indecent sexual scenes, such as Grand Theft Auto and Tomb Raider and many others. Some of them insult Islam badly, such as First To Fight, in which cities are cleansed of bearded men and mosques are bombed whilst the sound of the adhaan is coming form them, and shots are fired at Mus-hafs, and you cannot move on to the next level unless you cleanse the city of Muslims and their mosques!

You can see some scenes from this game at the following links:

http://216.219.88.100/upload/a/17/1163433948.jpg

And

http://216.219.88.100/upload/a/17/1163444563.jpg

In these scenes you will clearly see them destroying mosques and looking for those whom they call Muslim terrorists.

In the answer to questions no. 2898 and 39744 we have stated the evils of electronic games, especially Playstation. In the second question you will find the ruling on buying and selling it.

In the answer to question no. 46203 you will find the ruling on one who asked about working in a video game store.

I could not understand if anything is not that important for human than why not they simply condemn it other than giving so many conditions.