piggy

amyaishazouaoui

:salam2:

I just thought id bring this up, because ive heard quite a few muslims saying it recently.

"eeeeuuuuuhhhhh pig is such a disgusting animal, it makes me feel sic i hate it.""""

Allah made pig
Allahs creation is all mashallah beautiful

It is just something we have been forbidden to eat.

Should we really be reviling Allahs creation like this???

Pigs have theri uses, like cleaning up the mess so we dont get vermin/disease.

What do you all think???

:wasalam:

ya allah madad

0mm3afnan
its very nice to hear that people hate pig for Allah s w t sake.well we are told to hate it .we aren't even allowed to look at it .we hate pig for Allah sake.
Allah knows the best.

Rosheen

Sister in Islam
We are xpected to respect God's creatures...a pig is one of them...so you are right...

I just can't stand wasps though! They frighten me! :redface:

visionusman

being content
I'm not sure whether I have sufficient knowledge on this topic specifically, but presumably there are two considerations here. First we should learn to love and hate for Allah's sake. If Allah has asked us to dislike the pig then we should. Second; we should also be kind to all of Allah's creation. remember the woman who was pardoned her sins because of her kindness to a dog. We do consider dogs filthy and would rather not have them near us at all, but that should not preclude us from being kind and gentle. Allah has indeed ordained kindness in all that we do.

we hate pigs but we dont make any bad commit about pigs.

ohh a pig! ok i dont eat it.
thats enough .

i think its not obligatory to also say somehting bad words about this animal.

amyaishazouaoui

hate, disgust, dipise etc are very strong words though.

we can dislike, just like we dislike tomatoes or liver.

but i think we need to choose our words carefully

Muhammad_A

Penguin fancier
Wait... We dislike tomatoes!? :eek:

Can you show me the ayat or hadith where that's mentioned :confused:

And why would Allah (swt) or the Prophet (saws) tell us to dislike a fruit that no one outside the Americas would even have known about in the 7th century CE?

amyaishazouaoui

nooo not like that, what im saying is you can dislike omething because you just dont like it. Im just giving it as an example

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
assalamu alaikum warahmatullah!

pig is haram to eat, just like a donkey is haram to eat. do we hate donkey? ofcourse not. donkey has many uses other than just for food. pig must also have something good about it. What bad has a pig ever done to anyone of us? Allah swt has not created pig to be hated. instead of having a negative attitude towards allah's (swt) creation, say subhanallah, He (swt) is a unique creator.
Islam is universal blessings (as rasoolullah saws is rahmatul-lel-alamin). it does not persuade its followers to hate this and that, except in certain cases (ie hating iblis or devil).

"Wonderful Originator of the heavens and the earth, and when He decrees an affair, He only says to it, Be, so there it is." Al-baqara, 117

just to your surprise, did you know that even pig's meat is allowed to be consumed if there is a life and death situation and no other food is available.

wassalamu ala man ittabaalhuda

amyaishazouaoui

yes i did know that....... i dont think people realise.
ive even heard people say that theyd rather die of starvation than eat mochyn

umm hussain

Walaikum salam warahmatullah

Yeah I understand I had just started saying that as well but there are so many other 'ugly' animals depending on a persons opinion of course like a cow for example I wouldn't say it is very good looking but it is halal for us.

I have heard some people say pig yuck, disgusting and that person has NEVER had pig meat in their life. I have had pork and it is really delicious and other reverts can testify to this as well, bacon etc.

Allah has just forbidden us from eating or touching it, so all we are doing is following the commandment of Allah as we hear and obey as for insulting it I don't know.

Prophet Isa, allayhi salam when he comes back he is going to break the cross and kill all the pigs (and not other animal, even dogs) so maybe there is more to it than we know. If I am not mistaken this is the only animal we have been told not to even touch its carcass,unless of course you are compelled to and there is absolutely nothing else to eat apart from the pig.

Anyway bottom line I think we should just abstain from it like we are commanded to but not insult it to be on the safe side

PS. I was typing this when someone else posted that it can be eaten in desperate cases.

The answer that i can give is to quote what this brother, rguyah , wrote on this thread

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3181

Let's get on to the creatures of Allah. Allah created all things, included the hated and mosted disgusting of them all... Shaytan. Will you treat the Shaytan well just because he was created by our Ilah? No... So why do that to the pigs? Pigs are a 'perfect' carrier of disease... so yes, there is perfection in its creation as with all of Allah's creation.

Recall from other post, that Jesus himself cast the Demons into pigs. Why not just distroy the Demons? Why cast them into another of Allah's creation? Why should we treat pigs any different than the Prophets did?

Wa alaikoum Assalam

D.Ahmed

Believer
I personaly find them revolting to look at i dont know why??! but anyways i found some facts out about why Pigs are haram....

A message from the Health Corporation of Singapore about the Bad effects of pork consumption

Pig's bodies contain MANY TOXINS, WORMS and LATENT DISEASES. Although some of these infestations are harbored in other animals, modern veterinarians say that pigs are far MORE PREDISPOSED to these illnesses than other animals. This could be because PIGS like to SCAVENGE and will eat ANY kind of food, INCLUDING dead insects, worms, rotting carcasses, reta (including their own), garbage, and other pigs.

INFLUENZA (flu) is one of the MOST famous illnesses which pigs share with humans. This illness is harbored in the LUNGS of pigs during the summer months and tends to affect pigs and humans in the cooler months. Sausage contains bits of pigs' lungs, so THOSE who EAT pork sausage tend to SUFFER MORE during EPIDEMICS of INFLUENZA. Pig meat contains EXCESSIVE quantities of HISTAMINE and IMIDAZOLE compounds, which can lead to ITCHING and INFLAMMATION; GROWTH HORMONE which PROMOTES INFLAMMATION and growth; sulfur containing mesenchymal mucus which leads to SWELLING and deposits of MUCUS in tendons and cartilage, resulting in ATHRITIS, RHEUMATISM, etc. Sulfur helps cause FIRM human tendons and ligaments to be replaced by the pig's soft mesenchymal tissues, and degeneration of human cartilage.

Eating pork can also lead to GALLSTONES and OBESITY, probably due to its HIGH CHOLESTEROL and SATURATED FAT content. The pig is the MAIN CARRIER of the TAENIA SOLIUM WORM, which is found in its flesh. These tapeworms are found in human intestines with greater frequency in nations where pigs are eaten. This type of tape-worms can pass through the intestines and affect many other organs, and is incurable once it reaches beyond a certain stage. One in six people in the US and Canada has TRICHINOSIS from eating trichina worms, which are found in pork.

Many people have NO SYMPTOMS to warn them of this, and when they do, they resemble symptoms of many other illnesses. These worms are NOT noticed during meat inspections.

(NST, Singapore)

eeewww..!