Planning

Raed

Muslim Student
Al Slam Alikum Brothers and sisters...

I would like to know if anyone here use written future plans or daily action plan? and what the method he/she use? and what do you prefer to plan with (a paper/ laptop/ mobile phone/ electronic orginaizer)?

:wasalam:

Ahmed_2000

Servant of Allah
Asalaam alaikum

Brother i use the good old Mobile remider and notepad in computer as remider to daily important things to remember. because i dont like sticky notes it makes my place more messy than it is

Asalaam Allaikum

Slave-of-Allah

:salam2:
I just write them all down on paper and stick it where i can see it! lol :) I really can't plan things though, they tend to go wrong!

Globalpeace

Banned
Planning is critical!

W-Salam Akhi,

Absolutely!

I try to plan everything I do including some replies on TTI (let'em sink in my mind, organise & then reply)...

I use my laptop for everything:

For short term I use outlook notes
For medium term plans I use VISIO (flow chart) & Excel
For long term I use MS Project

I work with a lot of Islamic organisatons so the 2nd one is what I use most...Working with someone on TTI at the mo & should be sending them my plans at sometime in the future & they will Insha'Allh do likewise!

When I was trying to get married I used option 2 for creating a flow-chart on how to initiate contact, how to mark after making contact (Phone, meeting, talking etc.), scoring system and then eventually how to get married or turn someone down; I created a spread-sheet and tracked all the Sisters and commented on good points/bad points...

As suggested in a previous thread somewhere; my feedback was well appreciated by some Sisters & some actually asked for the flow-chart & the spread-sheet which I did send...

I am not that sharp so can never manage my life without planning!

I consider Brothers/Sisters who try to get married (or anything else that major in their life) without a plan; extremely clever...Masha'Allah they can calculate the intricacies of their's and someone else's life in their head (Masha'Allah); I can't

P.S: Of course laptop then synchs to the Smart phone/PDA so its accessible 24/7 & changes can be made on the go!

Al Slam Alikum Brothers and sisters...

I would like to know if anyone here use written future plans or daily action plan? and what the method he/she use? and what do you prefer to plan with (a paper/ laptop/ mobile phone/ electronic orginaizer)?

Slave-of-Allah

W-Salam Akhi,

Absolutely!

I try to plan everything I do including some replies on TTI (let'em sink in my mind, organise & then reply)...

I use my laptop for everything:

For short term I use outlook notes
For medium term plans I use VISIO (flow chart) & Excel
For long term I use MS Project

I work with a lot of Islamic organisatons so the 2nd one is what I use most...Working with someone on TTI at the mo & should be sending them my plans at sometime in the future & they will Insha'Allh do likewise!

When I was trying to get married I used option 2 for creating a flow-chart on how to initiate contact, how to mark after making contact (Phone, meeting, talking etc.), scoring system and then eventually how to get married or turn someone down; I created a spread-sheet and tracked all the Sisters and commented on good points/bad points...

As suggested in a previous thread somewhere; my feedback was well appreciated by some Sisters & some actually asked for the flow-chart & the spread-sheet which I did send...

I am not that sharp so can never manage my life without planning!

I consider Brothers/Sisters who try to get married (or anything else that major in their life) without a plan; extremely clever...Masha'Allah they can calculate the intricacies of their's and someone else's life in their head (Masha'Allah); I can't

LOLZ you are sooooo organised! :)
Thanks for the advice though :)

Raed

Muslim Student
Thank you borther globalpeace, you seem to have alot of experince regarding planning, im still beginner and i change alot and dont stick on program i jump from smart phone to excel sheet to normal paper then i get confused and messed up everything :SMILY149:
But Inshallah I will try to find the best way, I think planning is really important for a person who has so many things to do in parreler (like you brother globalpeace) ... as for me actually i need it because i forget alot and I have work (i travel alot for work assignments) plus studies plus stuff to do at work plus some future plans, so i need to set a goal and organize everything neatly, and i never thought of marriage plan (thank you brother to mention that), I will start soon enshallah for marriage plan i think its really important nowadays....

Jazakum allah khyran all of you

shaz_1999

All the time I write lists down and try my best to follow them it drives me crazy when I havnt done something on my list, it drives me so mad that I cannot sleep

But on the other hand I know deep down that if I am so busy and didnt get to do something on that list then it was meant to be like

Anyway I use my mobile phone, I also have a wall chart, I also use good old note pad and pen but for work I use the computer like outlook today.

This way I know I have done all the things that I should do

So yes I know I drive everyone in my family mad and also my friends but they also say they are glad to have someone who is so organised otherwise things dont get done.

Dont get me wrong I hate being the one person people rely on but on the other hand I hate forgeting things more then anything.

But I dont fall apart when things dont go to plan yes I do go a bit mad but just enough to get me brain switched on and to tell my brain to think

Oh well thats me

Globalpeace

Banned
Smart & Organised? Me?

Asslamo Allaikum,

Masha’Allah some of you think of me as smart & organised!

Wow!

Can ya’all come & tell this to my mom!

:) :) :)

Actually I am a person with limited intellect and resources but I have to be organised to conduct my affairs; it is because of my limited abilities and not the other way around!

And organisation can be done simply without using expensive programs (but they do help!); Consider a real example again...

Some of the Sisters have asked me to be a Wali (guardian) for them & speak to guys on their behalf about marriage etc…

So if I am trying to help a Sister called Ayesha & work with a guy called Raed…Raed will be saved in my phone list as

Ayesha_M_Raed_1

It means:

Concerned with Sister Ayesha
Maybe: She is not sure & still thinking about it
Concerned with Raed
I have spoken to him once before

After a while I change the contact to be

Ayesha_Y_Raed_2

It means:

Yes: She likes the person & at least agreeable
Concerned with Raed
I have spoken to him twice before

So a little planning helps me answer the Phone; and I know by looking at a ringing phone as to who Raed is & what is the current status!

And I admire the people who can just look at a name called Raed and instantly determine who he is and what he is calling about…I can’t do it!

Globalpeace

Banned
Everyone plans!

Asslamo Allaikum,

Everyone plans!

Its just Masha'Allah you sisters seem to be intelligent enought to calculate your moves in your head rather then putting them down on paper or computer.

Masha'Allah.

LoL same here sis. Things just work better if I do not plan them.

ShaheedU

Extinct
Global peace bro, Have you ever thought about just going with the flow? At least with some things.

I hate all this planning nonsense!

Globalpeace

Banned
Go with the flow?

Asslamo Allaikum,

Go with the flow? You mean make random decisions when someone has trusted me with the affairs of their life.

No! That would be untrust-worthy, wouldn't it?

Global peace bro, Have you ever thought about just going with the flow? At least with some things.

I hate all this planning nonsense!

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
Actually I am a person with limited intellect and resources but I have to be organised to conduct my affairs; it is because of my limited abilities and not the other way around!

But my intellect for organizing and managing all the work is very high.

I agree with your last line. hehe.

Really, I consider you intelligent for organizing the work so beautifully.

BWT, can I have those flow charts and excell sheets which you sent to other brothers and sisters? :)

Wassalam,
VE

Slave-of-Allah

Asslamo Allaikum,

Masha’Allah some of you think of me as smart & organised!

Wow!

Can ya’all come & tell this to my mom!

:) :) :)

And organisation can be done simply without using expensive programs (but they do help!); Consider a real example again...

Some of the Sisters have asked me to be a Wali (guardian) for them & speak to guys on their behalf about marriage etc…

So if I am trying to help a Sister called Ayesha & work with a guy called Raed…Raed will be saved in my phone list as

Ayesha_M_Raed_1

It means:

Maybe: She is not sure & still thinking about it
Concerned with Raed
I have spoken to him once before

After a while I change the contact to be

Ayesha_Y_Raed_2

It means:

Yes: She likes the person & at least agreeable
Concerned with Raed
I have spoken to him twice before

So a little planning helps me answer the Phone; and I know by looking at a ringing phone as to who Raed is & what is the current status!

And I admire the people who can just look at a name called Raed and instantly determine who he is and what he is calling about…I can’t do it!

I said organised, not 'smart' lol he he :D i'm just kidding...Well i do think you're organised! well more than me!

I really like the way you planned the marriage thingy, it's well cool :)

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum,

Yep! I am sure you agree with the last line Akhi!

Ahm! Ahm!

Specially when its yours & not mine

:)

I have deleted the stuff; been married 6+ years; but its not hard to come up with again (hopefuly I won't need it)...

P.S: Shh! I have to say these things, she may be checking what I do on my computer...

:astag: :astag: :astag:

I agree with your last line. hehe.

Really, I consider you intelligent for organizing the work so beautifully.

BWT, can I have those flow charts and excell sheets which you sent to other brothers and sisters? :)

Wassalam,
VE