Plastic shoes!!!

Rosheen

Sister in Islam
There is a current craze in the UK for people to wear plasti shoes with holes in! Sound horrible...and they look horrible.

However even worse I find out these shoes which nearly everyone is wearing are from Israel! Apparently they are made of a special kind of rubber from Israel......

Boycott these shoes people!

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
salam
yes I know which ones u mean.Yes ppl are crazy about it,espessialy last summer they were really popular here,and even now.I didn't know they were from israel,I used to have one last summer....they were ugly but comfortable,well now I know where they comming from...
salam

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
Salam Alaikum

I think something we all should have learnt from the "boycott Lego" thread is to check that the information is correct.
I know what shoes you are talking about, they have them where I live....I believe the ones over here are made in China.
:wasalam:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

I know that in the USA everything cheap is made in China....you would have to pay a lot more for made in Israel. I can only afford made in China..break tomorrow buy more the next payday.

Rosheen

Sister in Islam
I know the shoes are from israel cos the bloke running the store said they are from israel, and he was israeli! Talk about straight from the horses mouth! lol

perhaps there are copies from China? But probs the expensive ones are defo from israel.

kayleigh

I think they're called crocs. They are, hands down, the ugliest shoes I've ever seen lol And they're not really cheap for plastic sandals. They're like $30 or $40 a pair, so they could be made in Israel.

Rosheen

Sister in Islam
They are hideous! lol....all of the UK and its mother seems to be wearing them at the mo! lol

Shame theres no sick making smilie to indicate the nastiness of these shoes. I prefer flip flops myself, very comfortable and simple (unless you have fancy ones which are nice too :) )

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Assalam...

wow...ure right bout the ugliness:

365x365.aspx

Rosheen

Sister in Islam
Salam Alaikum

I think something we all should have learnt from the "boycott Lego" thread is to check that the information is correct.
I know what shoes you are talking about, they have them where I live....I believe the ones over here are made in China.
:wasalam:

I have just decided to research these shoes,,,,,as I am worried i may have jumped the gun.

So guess what?! The Israeli guy lied! I am so very sorry peeps :shymuslima1:

The shoes were invented in America, and are made in several locations around the globe...not in Israel. So I am confused as to why this guy is claiming this stuff....but never mind......have learnt a lesson here.

ps: the shoes are still ugly though...lol

um muhammad al-mahdi

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
Staff member
As salamu alaykum Rosheen,

it was a bit strange 'cause a friend of mine has got them and she said they are made in China....boh!

....ugly anyway...lol

Ps: I have just sent u a PM! :)

Asalaamalikum,

I'm sorry but those are so ugly! Whoever made them should only wear them, there not tricking this brother.

The holes on the shoe probably for those who have some sort of foot fungus problem, to keep that air circulating ya know.

Rosheen

Sister in Islam
apparently the special stuff they are made of fight the MRSA super bug and are good for nurses to wear....

not a fashion statement really.....their flip flops are £25....a rip off

Shannonx

Yeah, those shows are pretty ugly.
I don't think i've seen anyone here where I live wear them yet. I think i'll die laughing though if I do.

They look uncomfortable

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

My dear brothers and sisters I know your aim at times is to make me feel ancient. So here goes the old lady:

Fashion has always been for fools. It is simply a way to take money from people with too much. Haute culture has always been stupid. It is excess...women will not wear a good outfit because it is no longer "in"..so you discard it. Fashion for women was a way to keep women in their place. Women wear fashion as a means to attract the attention of men...this year it is the hemline...next year the bustline...please how do you change your bustline?
What is more offensive is present fashion was based on the ideas of homosexuals. The ideal female body was taken from an adoloscent male body. I am not making this stuff up..if I wanted to make stuff up trust me it would be more interesting. Let me put it bluntly..gay men were playing dress up with each other.
Today the fashion industry has taken over the medical field. Botox etc. You have to look and dress to be someone. In an articfical world with artificial values how can a person distinguish between beautiful and down right ugly.

happy 2 b muslim

i have seen them SUHANALLAH they look nasty like i woundnt wear them
the ummah must support it self and provide for are self not anyone expect allah am with ya sis boycott the suckers!!! the shoes am refering 2 peepz 16 yr old soz lol slang i need 2 and drop it BUT HEY BAD HABITS DIE HARD LOL

wa salam

kayleigh

The company makes flip flops and other sandals too. My friend picks up a pair of their flip flops in Canada for about $40 - kind of a rip off, but according to her, they're the most comfortable, long lasting shoes she's ever worn.

There's a lot of imitations, so maybe the ones he was selling were from Israel. Or he just wanted to make Israel sound "cool" for making popular shoes.

Rosheen

Sister in Islam
The company makes flip flops and other sandals too. My friend picks up a pair of their flip flops in Canada for about $40 - kind of a rip off, but according to her, they're the most comfortable, long lasting shoes she's ever worn.

There's a lot of imitations, so maybe the ones he was selling were from Israel. Or he just wanted to make Israel sound "cool" for making popular shoes.

If Israel wants to be 'cool' there is plenty better they can do than make nasty shoes :astag:

Fao Miraj mom: I agree with you about fashion its definetly a way for men to control women. All clothes are skimpy and nasty, just to make women show themselves for man's pleasure...yuk! I hate the way women feel they have to conform to society by being a certain shape or size...grrr! Its one of my personal love to hate topics!