Please could someone help me.

scoobykilla

:salam2:

My name is Shazia and I have 3 older brothers, I started work at 16 and to give my wages to my parents. At this point my parents did not buy anything for me and if I needed anything I would have to buy with my own money. My mum took me to Pakistan to get married and everything was paid for with my money. Two weeks before I was due to get married my mother cancelled everything. We then returned to the UK, I started work again and had to give all my wages to my parents. They used most of my money to have a new kitchen and bathroom fitted and various things for the house. At this point I didn’t mind giving to them because I thought they were going to get me married. My mum got me engaged to a guy in Pakistan for 4 years and we went to Pakistan again to get me married. I bought a lot of electrical items, my own clothes and my gold which I paid for with my own money. My mum called the wedding off again for no reason at all.
We again returned to the UK, a few years later my dad arranged my marriage to my cousin in the UK. My mum did it again and cancelled the wedding by ringing my cousins dad up and swearing at him. I passed my driving test and bought a car for myself for £3000 on finance because my parents wouldn’t buy me one. They took my car off me and started using it themselves. At this point my mum told me that the money they were taking off me was for providing a roof over my head and for food. I would leave for work at 7am and return home at 8pm when I’d finish work. I couldn’t eat at home as there was never any food left for me when I’d finish work forcing me to eat out all the time. My parents carried on taking money from me until the age of 25. They’d started when I was 16 and 9 years later they were happy to take my money but not get me married and make my future.
At the age of 25 in 2001 I got married to a fellow Muslim and moved out of my parents house taking my cash card with me. My parents gave me nothing towards my wedding, no clothes, no gifts, nothing. We bought a house which needed a lot of work doing on it. 1 year later we moved into rented accommodation so we could get work done on our own house because I was heavily pregnant. Shortly afterwards my daughter was born and my mother came to visit 1 year later. She went to my husband when he was on his own and told him that my dad was going to throw her out and she needed the keys for our house so that she could stay there. My husband gave her the keys to our house because he believed her. My mum went home and told my dad that my house was going to auction because I couldn’t afford it and I had given her the keys. She had lied to my husband and to my dad, she kept the keys to my house for around 18 months in which time she had rented the house out to and English couple and was using the rental income to pay the mortgage. My mum decided to go on holiday for 4 weeks to Pakistan and we wanted our house back, my husband climbed in through the window of our house and had the locks changed. We also told the couple who were renting it to leave. When my mum returned she was very angry and demanded us to pay her £2000 claiming that she had spent it on the house. We gave her the £2000 and now she wants another £1800 claiming that she spent that on the house also.

I am writing to ask you, do I have to pay her even though she took money off me for 9 years and didn’t get me married or give me anything for my wedding?

None of the money that I gave to them was ever spent on me, even all the electrical items and other items I had taken to Pakistan when I was supposed to get married my mother gave everything to my younger sister for her wedding.

I have asked various people and they have said that in Islam you don’t take from daughters, if anything parents are supposed to give.

Please could you advise me on this matter?

Jazakallah

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
what you need is a scholarly advice or a fatwa. Unfortunately , TTI is not the place to give that...

How about a visit to the mosque and seek the imam's help...
In that case, inshAllah you will have an immediate reply from the imam ...

Peace2u

Turn To Islam

My name is Shazia and I have 3 older brothers, I started work at 16 and to give my wages to my parents. At this point my parents did not buy anything for me and if I needed anything I would have to buy with my own money. My mum took me to Pakistan to get married and everything was paid for with my money. Two weeks before I was due to get married my mother cancelled everything. We then returned to the UK, I started work again and had to give all my wages to my parents. They used most of my money to have a new kitchen and bathroom fitted and various things for the house. At this point I didn’t mind giving to them because I thought they were going to get me married. My mum got me engaged to a guy in Pakistan for 4 years and we went to Pakistan again to get me married. I bought a lot of electrical items, my own clothes and my gold which I paid for with my own money. My mum called the wedding off again for no reason at all.
We again returned to the UK, a few years later my dad arranged my marriage to my cousin in the UK. My mum did it again and cancelled the wedding by ringing my cousins dad up and swearing at him. I passed my driving test and bought a car for myself for £3000 on finance because my parents wouldn’t buy me one. They took my car off me and started using it themselves. At this point my mum told me that the money they were taking off me was for providing a roof over my head and for food. I would leave for work at 7am and return home at 8pm when I’d finish work. I couldn’t eat at home as there was never any food left for me when I’d finish work forcing me to eat out all the time. My parents carried on taking money from me until the age of 25. They’d started when I was 16 and 9 years later they were happy to take my money but not get me married and make my future.
At the age of 25 in 2001 I got married to a fellow Muslim and moved out of my parents house taking my cash card with me. My parents gave me nothing towards my wedding, no clothes, no gifts, nothing. We bought a house which needed a lot of work doing on it. 1 year later we moved into rented accommodation so we could get work done on our own house because I was heavily pregnant. Shortly afterwards my daughter was born and my mother came to visit 1 year later. She went to my husband when he was on his own and told him that my dad was going to throw her out and she needed the keys for our house so that she could stay there. My husband gave her the keys to our house because he believed her. My mum went home and told my dad that my house was going to auction because I couldn’t afford it and I had given her the keys. She had lied to my husband and to my dad, she kept the keys to my house for around 18 months in which time she had rented the house out to and English couple and was using the rental income to pay the mortgage. My mum decided to go on holiday for 4 weeks to Pakistan and we wanted our house back, my husband climbed in through the window of our house and had the locks changed. We also told the couple who were renting it to leave. When my mum returned she was very angry and demanded us to pay her £2000 claiming that she had spent it on the house. We gave her the £2000 and now she wants another £1800 claiming that she spent that on the house also.

I am writing to ask you, do I have to pay her even though she took money off me for 9 years and didn’t get me married or give me anything for my wedding?

None of the money that I gave to them was ever spent on me, even all the electrical items and other items I had taken to Pakistan when I was supposed to get married my mother gave everything to my younger sister for her wedding.

I have asked various people and they have said that in Islam you don’t take from daughters, if anything parents are supposed to give.

Please could you advise me on this matter?

Jazakallah

Salam Sister,

Sorry I cannot advise you about your situation, however I just wanted to say I was deeply touched by your story and wanted to say Allah bless you for the struggles you have faced in life.

Salam alai kum

latheepher

Expression

Salam Alaykun my lovely sister,
Infact I was touched when i went through your complains, but in islam
I was mearnt to know your mother has every right on you, though not to be
taking and not giving you all in the name of parents.
But i would advice you take it cool with her and dont take anything from
her, because she is still your mother and for her to take proper upbringing
right from chilhood to the level that you know what is wrong and right,
Pls be patient with her and continue to pray to Allah to make her understand.

May Allah reward you in thousand folds. Amin.

ama6621

Assalam Alaikum sister, I feel sorry for you. May Allah bestow his mercy and grace on you. Remember that Allah only tests those whom He loves. Insha Allah, there is something better for you, so please be patient.

Assalam Alaikum.

huda2

I'm sorry sis and I'm touched yr story as well. Yr mother has a right on u, but she shouldnt give u a hard time, insha allaah try to go to yr local masjid and talk to some scholars or even family member who can talk to her, and insha allaah pe patient she still yr mother. Talk to her calmly and explain how u feel. Insha allaah allah will reward you fr yr patient. Insha allaah i will make duaa fr u that things will get easy fr u.:tti_sister: :tti_sister: :tti_sister:

:wasalam:

M

Moadeeb

Dear Sister,

You could ask scholars from websites that issues authentic fatwas, thery have a special section on family issues and you can also ask a scholar about your problem.

Salam

Moadeeb

nasiruyola

salam
may the MERCIFUL CREATOR OF haven and earth bestow his mercy on you. may HE be with your families.
my advice to you is not different from that of BROS and Sis in this forum. However, as you have been patience with ure mother for years, please continue to be patience with her for the rest of your life. Certainly, ALLAH will reward you with the best of rewards. Luckily, your husband is seemingly kind. I hop bros and sis in this forum (my self included), will continue to pray for you in this holy month. please do not offend your mother in this ramadan. Remember the story of JURAIJ and his mother. MAY ALLAH BE WITH YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.
NB: LIFE AND ALL IT'S HARDSHIPS/TRIBULATIONS/DISAPPOINTMENTS..... IS < OR A LITTLE > 100YRS BUT THE NEXT LIFE FOR WHICH YOU HAVE BEEN STRIVING IS ETERNAL!!!
MA'ASSALAM
MA'ASSALAM

OmarTheFrench

Hi sister if you know how I finished angry when I finished you story...

But like others brothers and sisters said Its better ask to a scholar.