Please help if you can guys..

danial

i friend is catholic, 18 yrs old. for the past 2 yrs, she has learnt about islam. a bit here and there. she is indonesian studying in singapore. sometimes she finds sense in islam, and mayb realise a bit that what she believes in is flawed.

the friend of my went back to indonesia for the holidays to be with her family. everytime she learns a bit about islam, when she goes back to indonesia, everything shes learnt about islam simply goes back to zero.

why?

quoted from her texts to me "i feel so guilty to dad. in indo, he did SO much for churches.Like print some prayer brochure to help ppl pray and distribute them for free or donate money to bulf churches n a lot more. what IF one day i, the oldest child,convert? i Know my dad loves me alot"

and quote "the more my dad gets involved(in catholicism), he becomes a better person. last week one of e guest tt came was a bishop actually. he talked abt miracles and other stuff. then i thought, if my religion is wrong, why did all these things happen?"

and lastly "what about stigmata? i think its very catholic. ive seen video of a lady tt had stigmata"

i dont have all the answers. i simply stood there dumbfounded.

please forgive my shorthand writing here.

thanks again.
-Danial.

danial

but as u know, females (no offence to any sisters), think using more of emotions. by simply telling her " the hereafter and the one true god is more important" would simply just show insensitivity towards her. she says that since i dont have to live with the guilt and stuff, id never understand what she is going throught. yes, i DONT. but im trying my best to put myself in her shoes.

anyway,alkathiri, u have not address the part of the bishop meeting and stigmata videos. i think those are impt issues tt i need help with too.

thanks for everything thus far

Oem Soufiane

I am a woman and would simply tell her the way it is, when yawn al qiyama comes, we won't even know our own fathers and kids, you will be alone with your deeds, make shure they are good! Plus I am a revert and know how hard this dealing with your parents is. my parents hate islam and still accept me how I am now, it's not easy but once they know you are the same person or better than before you reverted to islam, all problems will slightly wash away..

danial

thank u for ur reply. but how bout the issues on..

and quote "the more my dad gets involved(in catholicism), he becomes a better person. last week one of e guest tt came was a bishop actually. he talked abt miracles and other stuff. then i thought, if my religion is wrong, why did all these things happen?"

and lastly "what about stigmata? i think its very catholic. ive seen video of a lady tt had stigmata"

Noor to shine

:salam2:
I think any decent human will reject polytheist, Our creator is calling all:

5:76 Say: "Will ye worship, besides Allah, something which hath no power either to harm or benefit you? But Allah,- He it is that heareth and knoweth all things."
Quran

10:28 One day shall We gather them all together. Then shall We say to those who joined gods (with Us): "To your place! ye and those ye joined as 'partners' We shall separate them, and their "Partners" shall say: "It was not us that ye worshipped!
Quran

12:40 "If not Him, ye worship nothing but names which ye have named,- ye and your fathers,- for which Allah hath sent down no authority: the command is for none but Allah. He hath commanded that ye worship none but Him: that is the right religion, but most men understand not...
Quran

A day is coming when only pure sincere faith in our creator will help, all those who made partners to their creator will fail whatever good are they , since they spoiled their hearts with shirk: polytheis. Islam is the only way for pure sincere faith : :laila:

TheKnowledgeSeeker

A Believer In Heart
Assalamu alaykum,

May be her fear that her family might know she studies islam is what is making for forget or ALLAH has other plans for her. I don't know what give my best guess

danial

no. her family are all devout catholics. none islam. not even her extended family or frens.thats why whenever she is away she i just influenced by catholicism all over again because of the above reasons i quoted in the first post.

ShyHijabi

Firstly, I would commend her father on doing good works and charity, Mashallah. Her father sounds like a good man who is very vested in his religion and tries very ahrd to do the right thing. Surely Allah knows his heart and will judge him accordingly.

As far as stigmata goes.....she mentions she saw it on tape/tv and not in real life. Ask her if she is aware of how much can be faked (special effects) when people are given a camera and want to shock people. People can also do all sorts of things when in a hysterical state that is considered psychosommatic. Also...stigmata can be explained in Islam with one word...Jinn.

Remind her that in the end she will answer to Allah SWT for her actions and no others. Her father, though she loves him dearly as she should, will not be able to defend her choice to turn her back on the truth when she faces Allah SWT. (If she understands the truth) IN the end no one can be compelled to convert....Allah either will make it happen or not. Your duty as a Muslim is to continue to answer her questions as you are able and to represent a good Muslim.

Wasalaam.

~Sarah

danial

i understands it is Allah that chooses the ppl he wants to find islam or go astray. i pray for her every day in hopes of Allah "choosing" her. it is sad and demoralising sometimes as i see so many catholic converts around in world but the closest one to me is in a constant state of moral dilemma between religion and family and it seems that family is probably more important.

having told about the haram-ness or stuff like pork n alcohol and dogs(which she has many of in indonesia), she has refrained from all these. for almost 2 years now, she has tried her best to stay away from haram things n dress more modestly. it makes me sad because if she WERE muslim, she'd b a good one. she is already so strong to resist all these haram things that her household is full of. and even during ramadan, she TRIES to fast with me most of the days as both of us are close friends.

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
:salam2:

If she believe in Allah and muhammad SAW is the last messenger.
Remember she can hide that she is a muslim if she is afraid of telling her parents about it....

Then what is the problem here , akhi:)

You can check my profile...if u need help from Muslim Singaporeans , just email me.

if her parents love her very much, wouldnt her parents want her to be in heaven...

All believer are destined for hell

OmarTheFrench

Its true brother,its true :)

Jazakallah khair for this truthful message, may Allah bless you and all your sisters and brothers.

zaibbaloch

dear friends the thing that comes in my mind is that the most precious thing i ALLAH's treasure is hidayat which he gives to those who have some feeling need to that i think the work you are doing is very good but what we want the result could not be the same . dear i think that first of all ask from ALLAH for her hidayat:tti_sister: and then i think thatyou should consult the lectures given by dr.zakir naik it will help you inshaAllah in convincing some one OUT OF ISLAM BECAUSE YOU CAN CONVINCE HER THAT TIME WHEN YOU KNOW SOME THING ABOUT THEIR BOOKS ALSO this a link where you would foind some bayans of dr www.drzakirnaik.com and brother as we know that we are on haq then we should give dawat every time with hikmat and basirat the way in which our prophet(pbuh)gave dawah. may ALLAH help all of us
JAZAKALLAH KHAIR

Muslimah-S

Seek The Almighty
Its true brother,its true :)

Jazakallah khair for this truthful message, may Allah bless you and all your sisters and brothers.

Assalamualikum
Ameen
The revert people I think are very strong they made such big sacrifice for Allah. They put thier trust in Allah and went for the decision. Allhamdulillha.
The revert people amaze me. The desicision you made u will be glad u did. May Allah increase and strenghten the revert people imaan, and all the born Muslims. Ameen:hijabi: