Please help me to help HER!

ja_tu_miluju

I am the first, and only Muslim in my family. My mother simply does not approve of my conversion, and she is convinced that I have converted for only my husband... I just do not know how to make her see this is my own choice, that this is what I truly wanted for myself. Then again, my mother has never been very religious, as we were all raised Mormon. She was never active in the church and hasn't approved of any of my advances toward ANY religion...Do any of you have any advice for me? How can I make my mother understand this is what I've wanted, and not what my Husband wanted for me?:tti_sister:

muharram23

Staff member
I am the first, and only Muslim in my family. My mother simply does not approve of my conversion, and she is convinced that I have converted for only my husband... I just do not know how to make her see this is my own choice, that this is what I truly wanted for myself. Then again, my mother has never been very religious, as we were all raised Mormon. She was never active in the church and hasn't approved of any of my advances toward ANY religion...Do any of you have any advice for me? How can I make my mother understand this is what I've wanted, and not what my Husband wanted for me?:tti_sister:

salamu alaykum

inshAllah you cant make somebody believe if they do not want to. But how u can proove it is practice ur dean 100% in every aspect. And be good towards ur parents, help them when they need something, and obey them when they tell u something as long as it is not something that contradicts quran and sunnah. Also, patience is very important. On the other hand, say alhamdullilah that Allah made u a muslim. Make alot of duas to Allah sva to guide them to islam. So, just be patient and be steadfast in ur religion.

wasalam

warda A

Sister
:salam2:

How can I make my mother understand this is what I've wanted, and not what my Husband wanted for me?

my dear sister, you can not make someone understand or see what they do not want to see.
You only need patience and always be warm towards her,do not try to argue your point, (like most people here have been told ), through your own actions will she come to understand your decision at her own time, do not worry when that will be, it will just stress you out.
the important thing is to be patient and love her as before,parents are important to us, so take it easy.

May Allah taala make it easy for you and all sisters and brothers passing through the same trials. Ameen

:tti_sister:

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
:salam2:

No matter what when people have an idea in their head it's usually hard to get it out of them. The only thing you can do is tell her you became MUslim for Allah (SWT) and not for your husband if she believes you then alhamdulillah that's wonderful if not then don't worry about it, you know the truth and that's all that matters:wasalam: