please read: Oakland neighbors oppose Islamic Center playground

arabookworm

my mosque wants to put in a playground and fence for the kids. at the hearing about whether or not to allow it, neighbors actually began to argue for totally shutting down to mosque.

any ideas on how to resolve the issue would be appreciated.

Oakland neighbors oppose Islamic Center playground

please comment :angryblue:

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
:salam2:

brother as i am living in a very different environment, i dont have any idea for that...but i hope other brothers and sisters who know the situation clearly will give their ideas...may ALLAH help u with it...amiin

wassalam

-brother IbnAdam-

Sakib

♣♦Sakib♦♣
:salam2:
If you need that slingshot you can get them at Walmart. Ones adjustable and its 10 dollars the other one is 5 dollars.....jk

ShyHijabi

We are dealing with two different issues here:

1. A playground being built but neighbors opposing it
2. Some folks asking for a mosque to be shut down.

Why is there opposition to the building of the playground? Is it a zoning issue or some other reason not really having anything to do with the religion backing it?

As far as shutting down a mosque, that is not legal nor permissible in America. It sounds like some hicks are just sqwakking and nothing will come of this. The only reason a religious center can be shut down is if they do not pay their mortgage, land costs, etc.,

Wasalaam

~Sarah

arabookworm

are you from oakland , CA ?

no. oakland is also a neighborhood in pittsburgh. it has the university of pittsburgh campus on it.

that is one of the things that is a little bit ridiculous about the whole thing. the neighbors complain about us blocking their driveways, but most of the people parking in the area are pitt students.

and by the way, I'm not a brother. I don't know why everyone thinks I am.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

As Sister Sara stated..you can not shut down a masjid. There are zoning laws particular to each county, city, township, and state. The blueprints and line deeds are known to some brother at the masjid. They need to get legal representation. It is a simple matter. The next step would be to start baking to raise funds.