Please Read

Gayer

:salam2:I have two questions so please help.Que1 is, do you think that the Lord will answer to your prayers in places where you commit sins(illigal sex)

2.Why dont they allow the sinners to repent before judging them according to the sharia law in some muslim countries.

daywalker

:salam2:I have two questions so please help.Que1 is, do you think that the Lord will answer to your prayers in places where you commit sins(illigal sex)

walaikum assalam
what has prayer place to do with sin?

2.Why dont they allow the sinners to repent before judging them according to the sharia law in some muslim countries.

which muslim country has shariah law?

justoneofmillion

:salam2:
Dont really understand your first could you specify... do you mean making prayer in the same place where one just committed fornication!it needs a bold heart in my mind more than an unconscious one,to be able to do that.Such things are not to be taken lightly it is a major sin.the relation to Allah swt is no comedy stage.However i don t understand very well what you are trying to say.I merely tried to answer from a logical perspective as im not aware of any legislative ruling in regards to this very particular case you are portraying.

To your second question the answer is obvious first it is the command of allah swrt and we are not to discuss his directives as he knows best what is good for us,Second if they did leave all matters to allah swt what is the point of the revelation coming with a legislation meant to cover all aspects of human relations ?how are we to establish order in the society promote morals and family values in the perception of communities through the education system for example or the medias..etc,Sex is a big business !Frankly that would turn the society sorry for the expression "into a big bordel" people would start seeing it even in mathematics and banalize it through mathematical terms. If they did that they might as well do it for theft,murder, treason as well...it makes no sense .

To allow any disease to spread in a society without taking precautions for it to appear eventough it is possible is neglecting the common good which could lead any society to anarchy and stagnation.

Take for example a man who has a sexual relation outside of marriage with another women than his own,mthis women might have a disease she contracted somewhere else while telling to the man she loves but him and such fairytale imaginations(i would never believe someone who deosn t fear allah swt anyways).let us see what happens most of the times.
The same night the man goes to his wife and has legal sexual intercourse with her if he is in form.She gets the disease without even realizing after a couple of months she discovers that her husband betrayed her,so she starts feeling ugly and needs to find confirmation at her turn now she gets the other level of the disease it s called vanity.....and on and on and on do you see the mess,what happens to the children ,to the years of planning and sacrificing for raising and feeding them to the countless efforts that one makes throughout his life to be able to build a house a family and take care of it ...gone just like that because of and old and banal game of you and i are special nah!!!disease after disease one tends to forget the consequences down here and in the hereafter.that is why one has to be strong ,develop an unshakable personality and see global.

This is human psychology in this case a would say that zina itself is a disease at the moral dimension of the society.It destroys families and whole societies,childhoods and adulthoods ,there is no order that comes out of disorder.And yes there is a reason behind rulings the prophet S A w doesn t speak from himself.There are things "muslim"countries because of their abandoning of Islam can effectively learn from the western ones as they where once their own, allowing the spread of zina is not one of them.What came to be seen as womens proxenetism(they call it liberation) in the west came after the industrial revolution way after!and t there is a reason for that...now the western population is getting old and has to rely on emigration for it s survival there is also a reason for that.The same thing in Muslim countries would be suicidal on the economic level in the long run!
Feminism and all that "liberation" movement of the sixties has led more women towards the sex industry and the corners of the streets ,than towards salary equality.. we have to be discerning as Muslims there .

No to traditions that are disadvantageous to woman and that are completely alien to Islam but also no to the assimilation of concepts the outcome of which resulted in more harm than good throughout other people s experiences.We got to hit the middle way as prescribed.

*removed*

Here is a book i would highly recommend to you as well.

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13536

wassalaam
jameel

Gayer

walaikum assalam
what has prayer place to do with sin?
Am not talking of places like mosque and the like what i mean is that lets say a house where you commit such sin and at the same time praying in that house.

which muslim country has shariah law?
There are so many muslim country that has shariah law places like Mecca some arab countries and in even the African countries Thanks

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

You ask a philosphical question. A scholar needs to answer this question. In order for shariah to be effective it needs more than mere codification. That is what distinguishes Islamic law over man made law. The Muslim must own shariah in his heart. Once he owns the law he unites with other Muslims. Thus the law takes on the property of being valued and respected. Thereby the individual has bonded with the neighbor and they bond with the community; the community bonds within the context of society..and we have one nation..one ummath.
It begins on the individual level.

Secondly, I am not a scholar but a humble woman..why are you limiting sin to a physical action. The sin lies in the intent. The sin lies in the heart. The sin lies in the individual who has knowldege but follows the desires of his passion. It is easy to clean a place where sin has been commited..use some bleach. However, to clean a sin from the heart requires asking for forgiveness. Only Allah subhana talla can forgive a contrite heart.

I pray I made myself clear and I ask Allah subhana talla's forgiveness if I have written anything wrong.

daywalker

:wasalam:
I'am sorry and I apoligize for going off topic but I strongly suggest everyone that they refrain from listening to Hamza Yusuf,here is why:

If any person made mistake or has another opinion, how can u totally suggest people to refrain from their lectures? every people makes mistake, but it doesnt mean u totally stop yourself from listening him. then there is no schoalrs present in the world whose lecture we can here.

Take the good and leave the bad.

sorry for going out of the topic.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

For those who have a need to lecuture and go off the topic..start a new thread. You have taken away what would have been an enlightening exposition for those who wished to learn.

I was awaiting a response that would have led to stimulation and discovery. Instead I lose my eyesight and more importantly my interest.

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member

Salaam alikom

For the first Question to be honest you might have to ask a shiekh,

As for second part who said they dont allow the sinner to repent before Judging them, if the matter of the sinner have not reached to the legal athurity he can repent from a lot of the sins he commited,

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28323

Who stop them from repenting to Allah..

After committing a sin, a person who fears Allah and give high respect to Him would feel a sense of despondency and despair thinking, "How will God forgive me for this sin?" However, it is noteworthy that despairing of God's mercy is in itself one of the major sins in Islam for God is ever merciful, ever forgiving.

As He says in the Qur'an:

"Do not despair of God's mercy; He will forgive you of all your sins".Qur'an (39:53).

In another verse, Allah says:

"And He wishes to forgive you" Qur'an (4:146).

How to repent?

For repentance to be accepted by Allah, one should go through these four stages:

1- Stop the sin.
2- Regretting deeply and truly for the sin you committed.
3- Return to Allah for forgiveness.
4- Strong intention never to return to that same sin again.

What would help in fulfilling the above four stages?

The repenting person should remember three facts:

1. The grave consequence of sins.
2. The painful punishment for sins and
3. How week a person is when committing such sins.

Abu Bakr Al siddiq (May Allah be pleased with him), narrated:

"I heard Prophet Mohammad peace be up on him saying: ‘There isn’t a man who, when he commits a sin, rises, makes ablution, and offers two rak'as of prayers, but Allah forgives his sins.’

Allah says in the Qur'an:

"Those (are the true believers) who, when they commit an evil deed, or wrong their souls, remember Allah, and seek forgiveness for their sins - and who but Allah forgives sins? They do not insist upon the sins they have committed, and they know (that Allah is forgiving)." (Qur'an 3:135)