Plucking of the eyebrows

Globalpeace

Banned
Women!

Asslamo Allaikum,

I am amazed at the ability of women to inflict pain on themselves in order to look good to others.

How can the West see this as liberating?

Surely a woman who wears a Hijab/Naqib is more liberated because she is not bothered about other people's opinions of herself!

I read on BBC that Demi Moore pumps iron for 4 hours/day! Liberated? How?

almouchie

well I am undecided on that subject
they are a lot of imams, who give different views on the subject
does plucking mean it is not even permissible to clean the eyebrows
& that is it ok to remove the hair between the eyebrows

& did sunnah specifically say plucking , or cleaning not allowed
if i do anything unalwful ,
i ask for forgiveness

well women remove the hair on thier body, its hurts like hell
but i dont think a man likes to see that on his wife
u have to have some pain if u want a little benefit as well

Globalpeace

Banned
Speechless!

Asslamo Allaikum,

I am not an expert on cosmetics and methods used by women; but I thought they used creams & stuff which don't hurt?

Plucking sounds like pain to me!

well I am undecided on that subject
they are a lot of imams, who give different views on the subject
does plucking mean it is not even permissible to clean the eyebrows
& that is it ok to remove the hair between the eyebrows

& did sunnah specifically say plucking , or cleaning not allowed
if i do anything unalwful ,
i ask for forgiveness

well women remove the hair on thier body, its hurts like hell
but i dont think a man likes to see that on his wife
u have to have some pain if u want a little benefit as well

Slave-of-Allah

Asslamo Allaikum,

I am not an expert on cosmetics and methods used by women; but I thought they used creams & stuff which don't hurt?

Plucking sounds like pain to me!

:salam2:

Firstly do NOT use hair removal cream on your face! It will only make your hair come out more thicker than usual and trust me that does not look nice!

Secondly 'it is not permissible for women to remove any hair from the eyebrows for the sake of just beautifying themselves. However, it would be permissible for a woman to remove the hair from above the nose (if the eyebrows have become linked), as this is considered not normal. It may also be considered permitted to clip off one or two stray hairs from around the eyebrows or for very bushy eyebrows to be reduced to normal size and moderation'. This should be done by plucking those few hairs out.

:wasalam:

Globalpeace

Banned
Had no idea!

Asslamo Allaikum Sisters,

I appreciate the clarifiction as I have no idea about these things...Never even knew that women plucked their eye-brows...Learn something new everyday

Jazakullah Khairun

Happy 2BA Muslim

Islamophilic

Ma sha Allah!!! I find that very strange that Brother Globalpeace didn`t ever know that women plucked their eyebrows. :SMILY335:

I wished I lived in a clean society as yours. :biggrin:

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum,

:)

I have never lived in a clean society Akhi; on the contrary...Ran away from home in my teens; grew up with Non-Muslims; been a Medic in the military for 8 years...Blah Blah Blah!

But this kind of stuff has never appealed to me...you know

Its just so Feminine!

Ma sha Allah!!! I find that very strange that Brother Globalpeace didn`t ever know that women plucked their eyebrows. :SMILY335:

I wished I lived in a clean society as yours. :biggrin:

shaz_1999

I could never pluck my eyebrows how can women think that this is incresing their self confidence

I feel disgusted

But at the end of the day I have seen plently of men shping their eyebrows now and when I see a bloke like this I cannot even bring myself to look at them it makes me feel sick in the bottom of my stomach

Slave-of-Allah

I could never pluck my eyebrows how can women think that this is incresing their self confidence

I feel disgusted

But at the end of the day I have seen plently of men shping their eyebrows now and when I see a bloke like this I cannot even bring myself to look at them it makes me feel sick in the bottom of my stomach

Tell me about it sis, it makes me sick when i see men with their eyebrows plucked. It's nasty. Minging. Yuk. :astag:

Almeftah

Its all about knowledge and faith!

:bismillah:

I have come across this question so many time!:eek:

I have people tell me that its haram to pluck eyebrow because its a banner of prostitution.(Please correct me if I am wrong :frown: )

May Allah(Swt) guide us all to the straight path and protect us from evil temptation. (Ameen):)

:subhanallah: I have seen alot of sisters with plucked eyebrows.:eek:

a true muslim woman would never become a prostitute when knowing that prostitution is a sin. nor would she pluck her eye brows when knowing that plucking is forbidden. so you can see it is kind of related..

so a prostitute (saying that she's a muslim) is either ignorant to the teachings of islam or she has no faith. the same thing applies to other women nut just prostitues.. and allah knows best!

*pink niqaabi*

Me too i have seen LOADS of sisters plucking their eyebrows i'm sure they know its haram but clearly ignore it because they think looking nice is more important.. LOADS of sisters wear make up too-more than non muslims they proper plaster it on!!! good reminder tho sis. You know i even met a sis at work and u cud smell her perfume from a long way off n i sed are u wearing perfume n she sed "yes" its bla bla label..n i sed u know thats haram its the same as zina, she basically just shrugged it off and left quietly doubt my advice actually done anything but i felt better after telling her..

Suhaila1

~~~~~~
I think plucked eyebrows look bad anyways, so this has never been much of a problem for me. A lot of girls at my school like to pluck their eyebrows untill they're barely even there, but I think that looks horrible.

And if you look in magazines, models rarely have thin eyebrows. In fact, a lot of times you can see that their eyebrows were spread in a way to make them look bigger than they actually are.

And these models are supposed to be the more attractive than the average women, so what does that tell you?

Now "cleaning up" the stray hairs along the edges of the eyebrow, I don't see anything bad about that right away. But I don't know if that's a sin or not, so...

vicky86

Many girls use stainless steel Tweezers to Plucking of the eyebrows. So that the eyebrows seems nice. But it's not good for person, I think. :muslim_child:

lilmuslimah

ohmg

PLUCKING OR REMOVING EYEBROWS IS FORBIDDEN WHETHER HUBBY WANTS IT OR NOT LOL,

LOTS OF WOMEN CHOOSE TO IGNORE IT BUT PEEPS CHECK THE QURAN ITS FORBIDDEN WHATEVER SCHOLARS SAY , READ THE QURAN!!!!!!!!!!

Latifabonu

Alhamdulillah
Assalamu alaykum dear sister I was having a same question coz Im living in United Arab Emirates and here many womans r wearing niqab and all of them has eyebrows plucked so i was realy surprised I was thinking that its not a sin but better if we will not do that so now a h:tti_sister::hearts:ave the answer thank u sister May Allah bless u Ameen!!!