PRAY FOR ME PLEASE!

BinteShafi

Left long ago
im sorry if my original post sounded harsh. I really hope that it is nothing serious. Honestly i do. And i appreciate everyones messages to me praying allah guides me.

I want to see God but im blind. I want to believe in God but i cannot. If i were to say i did believe in God then i would be lying (which is a sin). Im in a loose loose situation.

In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

1. Praise be Allah, Who created the heavens and the earth, and made the darkness and the light. Yet those who reject Faith hold (others) as equal, with their Guardian-Lord.

2. He it is created you from clay, and then decreed a stated term (for you). And there is in His presence another determined term; yet ye doubt within yourselves!

3. And He is Allah in the heavens and on earth. He knoweth what ye hide, and what ye reveal, and He knoweth the (recompense) which ye earn (by your deeds).

4. But never did a single one of the signs of their Lord reach them, but they turned away therefrom.

5. And now they reject the truth when it reaches them: but soon shall they learn the reality of what they used to mock at.

6. See they not how many of those before them We did destroy?- generations We had established on the earth, in strength such as We have not given to you - for whom We poured out rain from the skies in abundance, and gave (fertile) streams flowing beneath their (feet): yet for their sins We destroyed them, and raised in their wake fresh generations (to succeed them).

7. If We had sent unto thee a written (message) on parchment, so that they could touch it with their hands, the Unbelievers would have been sure to say: "This is nothing but obvious magic!"

8. They say: "Why is not an angel sent down to him?" If we did send down an angel, the matter would be settled at once, and no respite would be granted them.

9. If We had made it an angel, We should have sent him as a man, and We should certainly have caused them confusion in a matter which they have already covered with confusion.

10. Mocked were (many) apostles before thee; but their scoffers were hemmed in by the thing that they mocked.

11. Say: "Travel through the earth and see what was the end of those who rejected Truth."

12. Say: "To whom belongeth all that is in the heavens and on earth?" Say: "To Allah. He hath inscribed for Himself (the rule of) Mercy. That He will gather you together for the Day of Judgment, there is no doubt whatever. It is they who have lost their own souls, that will not believe.

13. To him belongeth all that dwelleth (or lurketh) in the night and the day. For he is the one who heareth and knoweth all things."

14. Say: "Shall I take for my protector any other than Allah, the Maker of the heavens and the earth? And He it is that feedeth but is not fed." Say: "Nay! but I am commanded to be the first of those who bow to Allah (in Islam), and be not thou of the company of those who join gods with Allah."

15. Say: "I would, if I disobeyed my Lord, indeed have fear of the penalty of a Mighty Day.

16. "On that day, if the penalty is averted from any, it is due to Allah.s mercy; And that would be (Salvation), the obvious fulfilment of all desire.

(Chapter 6-AlQur'an)

salek

may Allah help and take away all your worries,depression,agonies, sickness etc. just pray to Allah and do a lot of Tilwat of , Quran. Insaallah, he will soothe your heart.

a brother in islam

n20.

That's what your profile says, as of the time of this post.

How do you explain that God commanded us to pray to Him, if our prayers have no effect? God doesn't play games.

We do not tell God what to do. Arrogant people think that they can define God, custom design Him and if He doesn't do what they want, reject Him. The word "Islam" means the surrender to the will of God. Only when one does that, with love, will one find peace, balance and happiness because God then blesses his heart and mind.

The ways God responds to our prayers are infinite. He may grant them as is. He may give us something even better. He may offset something bad that was going to happen. He may write a good deed in our permanent record that could be the tipping good deed that will save us from the hellfire. Or He may do any combination or all of the above.

You mentioned in another post that you are blind; want to believe in God but can't. What you probably are is stubborn; that is you favor your preconceived ideas. If and when you open up your heart and mind and read the Quran as if your life depended on it, will you receive its guidance. I hope you do someday, because life is too short to spend it in the dark and cold.

I would LOVE to believe in God, who wouldnt? I dont see how that makes me stubborn. We are not all fortunate be be born into religion and we are not all fortunate enough to have a frame of mind which allows us to believe in God without asking questions.

Regardless of whether Allah commanded us to pray for him or not. His decision cannot and will not be influenced by us as he is all powerful and already knows his plans for us. So, i dont mean to be disrespectful, but praying will not affect Gods decision. Can you at least agree with that? If you disagree, then you must think that we have the power in influencing his decision.

peace to you all, you are all my brothers/sisters as far as im concerned. I will not let religion interfere with that

p.s. I know lots of you are fed up with people asking questions but all of your answers are gratefully received by me.

ShyHijabi

I would LOVE to believe in God, who wouldnt? I dont see how that makes me stubborn. We are not all fortunate be be born into religion and we are not all fortunate enough to have a frame of mind which allows us to believe in God without asking questions.

Regardless of whether Allah commanded us to pray for him or not. His decision cannot and will not be influenced by us as he is all powerful and already knows his plans for us. So, i dont mean to be disrespectful, but praying will not affect Gods decision. Can you at least agree with that? If you disagree, then you must think that we have the power in influencing his decision.

peace to you all, you are all my brothers/sisters as far as im concerned. I will not let religion interfere with that

p.s. I know lots of you are fed up with people asking questions but all of your answers are gratefully received by me.

Bolding mine. Cannot? How can you say what God can and cannot do? He is the almighty and the creator of the universe, He can do what He pleases. How can you say if our prayers have any effect on God? He is all merciful and forgiving. He is the Opener and the Provider. Many times it is written how He feels mercy and answers a prayer. Even if His answer is "No" or "Not yet" it is still an answer.

Even if He does not answer the prayer the way we desire Him to (afterall He knows what's best for us) He can always make the path gentler and wider. God is not bound by time, place or physics. There is a Hadith about a man who lived a horribly sinful life and at the end of that life decided to go to the mosque and pray for forgiveness. He took one step and fell in his tracks dead. Shaitaan felt he had rights to the man's soul because it was only one step towards forgiveness overshadowed by a lifetime of sin. Allah swt said that the determination would be settled by how much ground he had covered before dying.

Shaitaan was gleeful as the man had only taken one step. But Allah swt moved the mosque and made it only one step between the man and the mosque, thus granting him paradise. Even space and time had no standing when it came to Allah swt's mercy. So never say that God cannot do something, that is making God finite and bound by boundaries you have set...making God fit into a box in your head. As soon as you do that, it is no longer God.

Wasalaam

KashifB

:salam2:

Muslims believe in taqdeer (fate), good or bad it is all Allah subhanahu wata'ala's wish. I have read that the ONLY thing which can change fate is dua (prayer) but I cannot prove it because I cannot remember in which book I read it from. If knows which book I'm talking about, please post its name.

I have also read in a book (again can't remember the name) that Allah subhanahu wata'ala has not decided for us instead Allah subhanahu wata'ala from his knowledge has written what we have done and what we will do. Allah subhanahu wata'ala has not forced us to do anything, we have free will. But if Allah subhanahu wata'ala wants to force someone no one can stop him.

Note, I didn't really want to use the word him for Allah subhanahu wata'ala because Allah subhanahu wata'ala is neither a he or a she but I had no choice (bloody English!).

Peace

KashifB

There is a Hadith about a man who lived a horribly sinful life and at the end of that life decided to go to the mosque and pray for forgiveness. He took one step and fell in his tracks dead. Shaitaan felt he had rights to the man's soul because it was only one step towards forgiveness overshadowed by a lifetime of sin. Allah swt said that the determination would be settled by how much ground he had covered before dying.

Shaitaan was gleeful as the man had only taken one step. But Allah swt moved the mosque and made it only one step between the man and the mosque, thus granting him paradise.

Not doubting you brother / sister but are you sure this is an authentic Hadith?