Praying Salah wearing a vest

Peace2u

Turn To Islam
Salam alai kum bros & sis

I have a question, is it inappropriate to wear a vest when praying Salah. :salah: Someone told me it's Makrooh to wear it yet when I was on holiday in Morocco I noticed some men praying Salah with vests on, simply because it's hot over there I guess.

And the weather is getting quite hot over here in the UK to :)

Salam

Peace2u

Turn To Islam
What I meant was, are men allowed to wear a vest when parying. I guess some people say you can't simply because you need to be more covered up.. I don't know really but I think that's the reason for it.

For the sister that replied to me in Arabic, sorry but I don't understand Arabic, hopefully I will one of these days though Inshallah.

Jihan

men need to have just above their navel and down to just belowtheir knees covered,... and now some scholars say that if a man has a built upper body and arms (the bicep area) it is obligatory for him to cover up those parts as well, which maes sense but Allahu 'alam! so does the vest go below the navel?

ps; navel is the belly button spelling and while naval is the marines right?

arnold

fully covered is the rite dress code

Ive heard from some of my religious frnds that vest is not allowed when praying.long sleeve is the right dress code if im not wrong.

amyaishazouaoui

men need to have just above their navel and down to just belowtheir knees covered,... and now some scholars say that if a man has a built upper body and arms (the bicep area) it is obligatory for him to cover up those parts as well, which maes sense but Allahu 'alam! so does the vest go below the navel?

yes correct. one gold star for u!

:muslim_child:

ferhat

Lets think about it.

Would you meet your boss wearing a vest? i used to pray with vest in summers its really hot, agree with that. My sister saw me praying with vest(she is theologian), and she asked me "Would you meet your boss wearing a vest?"

Allah knows best.

ferhat

Be CAREFUL

:SMILY286:
and now some scholars say that if a man has a built upper body and arms (the bicep area) it is obligatory for him to cover up those parts as well, which maes sense but Allahu 'alam! so does the vest go below the navel?

DONT MAKE ISLAM a "HARD TO PRACTISE". dont say "some scholars" ; If its been said say it clearly, when,who,where and depending on what source.
Did muhammed(PbuH) said that????
Allah knows best.

visionusman

being content
I was told that your shoulders should also be covered for salaat, apart from the aurah which has already been aptly described. Correct me if I'm wrong.

galadari

as far as i can remeber it is said in islam that wear the best clothes n put on the best perfumes u have while praying salah.. cos salah is to meet allah (swt).. allahs knows best
jazak allah......

galadari

as far as i can remeber it is said in islam that wear the best clothes n put on the best perfumes u have while praying salah.. cos salah is to meet allah (swt).. allahs knows best
jazak allah......

sorry i cannot provide wth any evidence right now,but i think it does make sense......still i may be wrong, please correct my statement if im wrong... allah knows best.

jazak allah

meer suhail

ILM seeker
i found this

:salam2:
Umar b. Abu Salama reported: I saw the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) praying in Umm Salama's house in a single garment, placing its two ends over his shoulders.
(sahih muslim)

Jabir reported: I saw the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) praying in a single garment crossing the two ends.
(sahih muslim)

Abu Zubair reported that he saw Jabir b. 'Abdullah praying in a single garment crossing Its ends even though he had the garments, and Jabir said: He saw the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) doing like this.
(sahih muslim )
and finally
Umar b. Abu Salama reported: I saw the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) praying in Umm Salama's house in a single garment, placing its two ends over his shoulders.
(sahih muslim )

ferhat

Indeed

:salam2:
(sahih muslim)

Jabir reported: I saw the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) praying in a single garment crossing the two ends.
(sahih muslim)

Abu Zubair reported that he saw Jabir b. 'Abdullah praying in a single garment crossing Its ends even though he had the garments, and Jabir said: He saw the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) doing like this.
(sahih muslim )
and finally
(sahih muslim )

Very well indeed brother.