Problems with Why We Should Pray in Arabic?!

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
A good translation is by Abdullah Yusuf Ali.

We have Arabic-derived names because either they are names of pious ancestors from the time of when Islam was spreading, or these names appear in the Quran, and have good meanings.

The Arabic clothes are actually the Islamically prescribed dress. Women can only show their hands and face while everything else is covered, and both men and women have to wear loosely fitting clothing.

salahdin

you know what is unique is an arab ,non arab praying in the same manner and in the same language (arabic) that whats make islam a unique religion unlike other religion. Have you ever heard the call of prayer , all around the world muslims are being called to come and worship ALLAH AZA WAJALLAH from somalia to senegal ,from indonesia to china all across the muslim world muslims are being called to prayers five times a day and guess what it is in arabic . Thats amazing, you tell me which part of this globe would you see something like this . You know why QURAN is still unspoiled thats is because of the classis arabic language which it was revealed in the first place .

If it was not for the language of the QURAN the arabic language would not have been what it is today . Go to a muslim non arabic speaking country any where in this world and tell a muslim to read a chapter from the QURAN (of head) he or she will read it to you and what is amazing that they read in the same manner and its the same words and same meaning and guess what read it in classis arabic language and yet these people cant speak arabic language . That why our beloved prophet may peace and blessing be upon him said the greatest Miracle given to me was QURAN .

Yes its true that there is no language that is rich in grammer like classis arabic one cant translate the QURAN but you simply find meaning that are very similar to arabic . Further more when you read QURAN you will understand why arabic is the choosen language a mean how the QURAN is written its unique style of addressing the reader making thr reader want to read more and its all in arabic . YOU know what our beloved prophet may peace and blessing be upon him said

"O people, know that the Lord and Sustainer is One. Your ancestor is one, your faith is one. The Arabism of any one of you is not from your mother or father. It is no more than a tongue (language). Whoever speaks Arabic is an Arab."

You see this arab culture you say is not arab but rather muslim culture and traditions . We do not imatees the arabs but rather we follow islam even the arabs do follow .names may be arabic but it derived from islam names like ABDALLAH meaning servant / slave of ALLAH . Hope a have made sense thats from my point of view .

This is how sweet arabic language is from a great muslim scholar

Guidance is not attained except with knowledge and correct direction is not attained except with patience quote from ibn Taymiyah

a nice site where you can hear QURAN in arabic and translation (audio) in classic english yes you heard me right english /www.quranexplorer.com

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
Oh and to the people that tell me to read the Quran, what would be the best English translation?

Hello,

I just wanted to point out one thing that what you will be reading will be the translation of perceived meaning (of a verse) of the specific translator. The Quran can not be completely and accurately be 100% translated to another language. Therefore if your read Yusuf Ali's work, you would be reading Yusuf Ali's personal interpretation of the meaning of that particular verse which he has translated in to English.

These translations of the meaning of the Quran however give you a good idea about what the verse contains. However it is nearly impossible to completely translate these verses in to any other language.

In short, there is no substitute for what Allah Almighty has revealed.

I wish you success and I pray that you find comfort and ease in reading the Glorious Quran, which has melted the hearts of millions upon millions over the centuries.

May Allah subhaana waa ta'ala guide your heart towards Islam. Ameen

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
So I have to say thank you, to "BrotherInIslam7", for that second video explaining why Muslims pray in Arabic. I understand a little bit better now why that's done, but I still have some questions.

Is the difference between "Worship" & "Prayer" that worship is done in a group and prayer is done by yourself?????

In the video(3:54) that guy said that "Salah" can be done isolated or alone, but it's not recommended. Is this true??

You are welcome, dear friend. :) I am glad that you were able to understand the concept of using Arabic in prayer a bit better.

The obligatory prayers which are 5 times a day, should be preferably be performed in congregation with one person leading the prayer (Imam). A believer gets 27 times more reward in performing a prayer in congregation than alone. A congregation can be as small as two people with one person leading the prayer. Praying in congregation is highly recommended but is not obligatory, that means that if someone prays alone, his prayer is still valid.

In addition, if there are few believers who live in the same locality, they should congregate and pray together on Friday (Juma'a) at around Noon. This is obligatory on the believers.

Also, you can always supplicate to Allah Almighty at any time by simply raising your hand and beseeching him and asking him for your needs no matter how small they are. This can be done in your own mother tongue or any language.The only condition being that you don't ask for anything that is impermissible or asking for harm towards yourself or others.

Please let me know if my answer was clear or not.

I wish you success in your quest for the truth.

a_stranger

Some values in arabic culture are perfectly islamic like modesty, simplicity ,generosity, kindness, honering parents while we find within the same culture opposit values which is totally unislamic like Binge, showing off , selfishness ,materialistic values are totally unislamic.

The following link explain Islam should direct our life and shape our culture.

http://www.missionislam.com/family/culture.htm

muazzi

To "Tabassum07"

The only things I know to be a part of Arab culture is, speaking in Arabic, the taking of names from Arabic origin, and some of the clothing.

But without having read the Quran, I cannot differentiate between Arab culture & tradition and Islam.

Oh and to the people that tell me to read the Quran, what would be the best English translation?

hey dude

Im not an arab ,youd be surprised NON ARABS aare majority,the person who compiled all the sayings of our prophet and whose BOOKS till today is the most Authentic After the quraan Was not an arab,When a person reads the quraan in english he does not give it the justice it deserves ,The quraan is such a powerful book that certain verses could mean different things.When God emphasises a point in the quraan he used certain words,thats why the scholars say theres no reward in reading the quraan in english.One pious person saw god in his dream and he asked him how does your slave get close to you,god said that through his speech i.e the quraan so this person asked with understanding or just by reading GOD sain even by just reading,for each letter in the quraan a person who beleives gets rewarded..the book i reccomed is by MAARIAFUL QURAAN BY MUFTI MUHHAMED SHAFI,OR GET IBN KAATHIR

Um Ibrahim

Alhamdulilah :)
Salam,

XSãoXLuisX, Welcome to the website, I hope you will find all the answers to your questions. You have to keep in mind that most people in TTI including myself are not Islamic scholars, therefore, you will eventually have to look for outside sources books, Especialliy the Quran, and local Imams as they are more knowledgable about Islam and they can explain things to you much better.

Arabs, Muslim or not, do have their own cultures. Not all Arab culture is necessarily an Islamic culture. And in a way I think culture and tradition is what divides not only Muslims, but all people in the world. Some people hold on to their cultural and traditional values rather than their religion. And that's why corruption is so widespread.