prophet ( Peace be Upon Him )

DadManG

Greetings,
Can anyone give me some references from the quran where mohammed actually said he was a prophet of Allah?

This past week, I was involved in a discussion on this very site, and kept being asked this question about Jesus?

Thank You

nobbyv

Abu Maryam
Greetings,
Can anyone give me some references from the quran where mohammed actually said he was a prophet of Allah?

This past week, I was involved in a discussion on this very site, and kept being asked this question about Jesus?

Thank You

Assalamualikum...Peace be upon you
Dear DadManG,

As you are already aware, the Quran is a book from GOD in HIS own words... Please find below the references in the Quran:

1) Chapter 3:144 - Muhammad is no more than a Messenger: many were the Messengers that passed away before him

2) Chapter 33:40 - Muhammad is not the father of any of your men, but the Messenger of Allah, and the Seal of the Prophets.

3) Chapter 47:2 - But those who believe and work deeds of righteousness, and believe in the Revelation send down to Muhammad...

4) Chapter 48:29 - Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah; and those who are with him are strong against Unbelievers, (but) compassionate among each other.

Hope this answers your question...

Peace be upon you...

DadManG

Thank You for your response.
It looks like the statement of Mohammed being a prophet was not actually said by Mohammed, but by others.
I find this interesting. When Christians say that Jesus is God, the typical response heard from a muslim is that Jesus never claimed to be God.

Peace

Optimist

قل هو الله أحد
It looks like the statement of Mohammed being a prophet was not actually said by Mohammed, but by others.
I find this interesting. When Christians say that Jesus is God, the typical response heard from a muslim is that Jesus never claimed to be God.

Peace

Sorry I did not get that ... how did you make this conclusion ?

The Qura'aan was revealed to Muhammad (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him). It clearly states that Muhammad (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) IS the last messenger.

In the Sunnah (which contains the sayings of the Prophet), the evidence of this is HUGE. Here is one:

"In the battle of Hunain, the Muslims ran away at the beginning of the battle, while the Prophet (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) was steadfast and was saying (the sentecne had a rhythm in Arabic) : I'm the Prophet without doubt, I'm the son of Abdulmuttalib (his grandfather)"

The hadith is narrated in Sahih Bukhari (athentic hadith).

Now show us where Jesus (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) claimed that he is God and asked people to worship him.

Faisal_01

Art is my Expression

Peace

Dadmang, the Quran are Allah's(swt) words of guidence. He told Muhammed(pbuh) of his guidance and then Muhammed(pbuh) told other people. Thus explains that he was a messenger. That being said, Muahmmed(pbuh) never claimed to be God, however he did claim to be the messenger of Allah(swt). Because as I said earlier, Quran are the words of God, and Muhammed's(pbuh) job was to tell people of these words, so that being said you can see how both Muhammed(pbuh) and Allah(swt) claimed Muhammed(pbuh) to only be a messenger.

Muhammed(pbuh) didn't teach anything else except for what his job was to teach, and that is to reveal the true message of God to the people. Not ever did he step out of his mission and say anything else about himself other then what was told about him in the Quran. Yes he has the Sunnah, but thats a book about how he lived.

Oh and I'd also like to add this

[yt]KpBEPq7Vjug[/yt]

[yt]UfRkgukXyE4&feature[/yt]

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
Hi DadManG!

I don't mean it in insulting way and I pray that you won't mind it, but I feel sorry for the twisted conclusions you reach to.

I think its time that you open your eyes and your heart and remove all the prejudices as it is about YOUR own spirituality.

The God that you are in search of and the God that whose satisfaction you endeavour to seek is ONE.

He is clean from the need of a family or partners. He sent many prophets before Jesus (peace be upon him) and HE sent prophets after him for the guidence of humanity.

Please don't deprive yourself of that universal message by all the prophets which is "worship One God who is the creator and sustainer of everyone and everything including Jesus Christ (peace be upon him)".

Peace

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
:salam2:

the fact that muhammad:saw: only claimed to be a messenger of ALLAH SWT gives me much respect for him. he was so loved, so followed, so quoted, so obeyed; that if he had really wanted to or i should say, that had anyone else had that respect from people, they would've said that they were god. but muhammad :saw: was here to spread the message of ALLAH SWT and sought nothing more than to spread this message. that's why we don't make images of him or statues and such, because that would've led to people worshipping him and he would never have encouraged the people to involve themselves in shirk.

the more i read about him, the more grateful i am to ALLAH SWT for giving him to us, and i just love him more and more after every hadith i read. he is dearer to me than my own family. islam is the only thing in my life that i would lay down my life for. i wouldn't say this if i weren't convinced in the revelations of ALLAH SWT.
:wasalam:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Sir,

Would you be so kind as to state the purpose of your asking us questions. On the last thread you had reached your own conclusions. If this is the case that you have a preexisting answer and simply ignore any responses it does nothing but waste time. Thank you.

DadManG

Sure, I was curious to see if I asked the same question that was presented to, how it would be answered.
I appreciate the dialogue, I hope I haven't caused you any harm.

Peace

DadManG

Another question.
Have any readers found "problems/contradictions" in the Quran? And, how have you dealt with them?

Thank You

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Although I am not a scholar I have not found any contradictions etc. The Quran is not a one time reading. Each reading opens a new world. It is not a concrete experience. It is a matter of sprituality thus defying normal experiences.

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
Another question.
Have any readers found "problems/contradictions" in the Quran? And, how have you dealt with them?

Thank You

:salam2:

i haven't found any problems at all in the quran. the only things that one may find problematic in the quran are the things that ALLAH SWT forbids us to do. for example

if you love credit cards and have no problems with having multiple mortgages that have interest. the prohibition on ribaa will be a problem for you.

if you see nothing wrong with living out your lusts with different men and women while not being married. then the prohibition against fornication will be a problem for you.

if you are one that doesn't think of god often. making salah 5 times a day will be a problem for you.

if you love drinking and gambling with your buddies. the prohibitions on alcohol and gambling will be a problem for you.

these things aren't a problem for those that have opened up their hearts and minds and that have come to the conclusion that repentance is important.

part of the reason why atheists love atheism so much is because without the belief in god, they have no accountability for their actions, they are responsible for their own success therefore never giving credit to their creator, but most importantly they create god to be how they see to be fit.

the more and more i read the quran the more i'm convinced that it's right. and from my personal experience as someone that has tried to live out life in religions other than islam, i must say that islam is the most common sense.
:wasalam:

Optimist

قل هو الله أحد
Dear DadManG. This topic have been looked at countless times over the last 1400 years. You are not the first or the last to claim Qura'aan contradictions.

Lay Muslims are generally discouraged (some would say prohibited) from engaging in discussions of that type ... simply because they don't have enough knowledge to face a carefully structured claims of those who have a hidden agenda and want to discredit our faith. This is similar to not allowing a soldier to go to battle without proper equipment / training.

You will not be allowed to simply put a link to anti-Islam website. If you have a real question then you are welcome to post it here. I reckon your quesiton would have been already answered by some scholar so it won't be difficult to give you a reply.

Best wishes

DadManG

Thanks for the invite.
Would you consider the quran to be historically accurate? And have you found any historically inaccurate passages in the Quran. ie (Surah 20:90-100).

Another question.

Thank You

Hello,

What good is in it for you if you're intentions are seeking truth, knowledge, and wisdom?

That's like going to a Mercedez Benz car dealership and asking them if something is wrong with their cars. Test drive it for yourself!

Read the Quran for yourself and if you have questions or concerns, inshallah (God willing) we will try to help you.

Please stay away from Islamophobic websites. Be sincere. Learn Islam correctly for your own sake.

Optimist

قل هو الله أحد
Thanks for the invite.
Would you consider the quran to be historically accurate? And have you found any historically inaccurate passages in the Quran. ie (Surah 20:90-100).

I'm sorry .. were exactly is the "historical inaccuracy" ?

The verses talk about the Children of Israel and how they deviated when Musa (Moses) (may peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) left them for sometime (40 days from memory - not sure about this one). They started worshipping a calf statue and rejected the advice of Harun (Aaron) (may peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) to stay on the straight path of monotheism.

What exactly is wrong in these verses ? ... enlighten us please.

tombstone

Yes He Did say he is a prophet

Greetings,

Thank You

Assalamu alaikum,

The Quran is the word of God and in it God speaks to Muhammad saws and the entire mankind. SO there is no scope of Muhammad's( saws )speech in it.

So your question if Muhammad saws ever claimed to be a prophet can be found in Hadiths(his sayings which are recorded) and not in the Quran. The most important proof for it is the first and foremost pillar of islam which is the testimony of faith. It is La ilaha illallah muhammad ur rasoolullah. there is no God but Allah and muhammad is his messenger.

But if u r looking for his claim in the Quran then you wont be able to find it.

samiha

---------
Staff member
(Moses) said: "What then is thy case, O Samiri?

Who is Samiri?

Hello.

This is what I have from my tafsir notes, so any mistakes I make are purely my own and they are from ayah 2:51 which goes:

وَإِذْ وَاعَدْنَا مُوسَى أَرْبَعِينَ لَيْلَةً ثُمَّ اتَّخَذْتُمُ الْعِجْلَ مِن بَعْدِهِ وَأَنتُمْ ظَالِمُونَ

"And (remember) when We appointed for Moses forty nights, and (in his absence) you took the calf (for worship), and you were wrong-doers."

Arabs counted by nights rather than days, so this is how they measured the number of day Musa (as) stayed up there. He was called to Mt. Tur by Allah (swt) at an appointed place and time, and thus he left his people under the charge of his brother Harun (as) and left.

Meanwhile, the Bani Israel broke into three groups. The first of which is described here, as those who committed shirk (associating partners with Allah/God) and began worshipping the calf. This is then further explained in surah ta-ha.

Samiri was the leader or initiator of this act. He was the one who influenced the people, got around Musa (as) in his absence and gathered the people to give their gold which was then melted and made into the form of a calf.

This knowledge of idol making was already known to the children of israel having been the slaves to the paganistic pharoahs of that time and having to build thier statues and all, yet it was Samiri who began the fitnah (trial) of shirk (giving partners/intermediatories to God).

I hope that makes sense?