Hadith Punctuality in the Asr and Fajr Prayers

Hajjerr

He is Dhul-Jalali Wal-Ikram
Abu Hurairah (radi Allahu anhu) reported that the Messenger of Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: “There are angels who take turns in visiting you by night and by day, and they all assemble at the dawn (Fajr) and the afternoon (Asr) prayers. Those who have spent the night with you, ascend (to the heaven) and Allah, Who knows better about them, asks, ‘In what condition did you leave My slaves?’ They reply, ‘We left them while they were performing Salat and we went to them while they were performing Salat.’” [Sahih Bukhari]

When the principal of a school makes special mention of the high achievement of one of the students in assembly, it is not because the Principal doesn’t know, but because he/she wants to honour the high achiever by mentioning their achievements before all the other students and faculty. Almighty Allah knows everything but even then He asks the angels about His pious slaves so that the piety of the believers and their merit and distinction become evident to all.

Therefore, we should try very hard to be punctual in praying the Asr and Fajr Salat so that when Allah (subhana wa ta’ala) asks the angels about us He is told that the angels left us while we were remembering Him and praying and not while we were sleeping, busy in games, watching T.V., or some other worthless activity.

Seeking Peace

:jazaak:, nice reminder and that is why Al-Asr is called salatul wustah.

barak allah fiqi
Assalam-o-Alaikum Sister...

sister will you please elaborate on "salatul wustah"..???i think i've heard the term before but unable recall the details...

JazakAllah-o-Khair...

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
Assalam-o-Alaikum Sister...

sister will you please elaborate on "salatul wustah"..???i think i've heard the term before but unable recall the details...

JazakAllah-o-Khair...

Wa`alaikum salaam ukht. You might've read it in the qur'aan. It's a verse in soorat Al-Baqarah. Allaah `azza wa jalla says in verse 238, "Guard strictly (five obligatory) As-Salawaat (the prayers), especially the Middle Salah. And stand before Allaah with obedience."

حَـفِظُواْ عَلَى الصَّلَوَتِ والصَّلَوةِ الْوُسْطَى وَقُومُواْ لِلَّهِ قَـنِتِينَ

Seeking Peace

Wa`alaikum salaam ukht. You might've read it in the qur'aan. It's a verse in soorat Al-Baqarah. Allaah `azza wa jalla says in verse 238, "Guard strictly (five obligatory) As-Salawaat (the prayers), especially the Middle Salah. And stand before Allaah with obedience."

حَـفِظُواْ عَلَى الصَّلَوَتِ والصَّلَوةِ الْوُسْطَى وَقُومُواْ لِلَّهِ قَـنِتِينَ
JazakAllah-o-Khair sister.....yes you are right sister Janaan...may Allah S.W.T reward you and bless you with the best of His blessings in both the worlds ameen sum ameen..

W'S..