PURPOSE OF MESSIAH?

Praise2Allah

CHild of God, as the brothers and sister have shown, in Islam we do believe that JESUS was THE CHRIST, the Messiah. We believe he was born miraculously peace be upon him. He is our savior in the essence that he was sent by God and all prophets sent by God are our saviors through God. In that essence, yes, he is. However, he is not our savior by the Christian definition that he died for your sins or anyones sins. Why? Because of two reasons. Or at least two main reasons. The first being that in Christianity you believe in the original sin. In Islam, we dont. In Islam we believe that you are responsible for your own actions. Just because Adam and Eve made a mistake, we cant be held responsible for it. If your father steals, (God forbid) we cant throw you in prison now can we? Exactly. The original sin is even at some point rejected in the Bible itself:

"The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son (the progeny of Adam) shall not bear the iniquity of the father (Adam), neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him. But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die." Ezekiel 18:20-21

So God didnt have to begett a son and sacrifice him in a barbaric ritual so that He could/would forgive us. We believe that God forgives us if we repent.

The second reason, is very simple. It is that Jesus Christ peace be upon him never died in the first place according to the Bible itself. Far off huh? No. Jesus said like Jonah was in the belly of the whale three days and three nights so shall the son of man be in the belly of the earth three days and three nights. Like Jonah. What was Jonah? Was he dead? No, he was alive in the belly of the whale. I Jonah was dead of course it wouldnt have been a miracle since he would have been dead. If Jesus was dead, than that isnt "Like Jonah" it is unlike Jonah! You say "no no no Jesus was emphasising the time factor, he was talking about the time factor". Okay, did he fullfill it? The time factor did he fullfill it? Three days and three nights. Did he?
No. Count how many days and nights it was from the time he supposedly died till the time he supposedly rised, it doesnt come to three days and three nights! So what exactly is going on here?

Praise2Allah

Also, Jesus said that "He who confesseth that Jesus is the Christ is of God". Mohammed proclaimed that Jesus is the Christ! In return for that the Jews in Madinah almost assasinated him thrice! So according to Jesus Mohammed was sent by God! What did Mohammed preach? Pray, give charity, have high ethics, do not lie, do not cheat, do not commit adultry, and most importantly worship God alone and do not associate with Him any partners. Far exalted is He above having any partners or equals. Mohammed never claimed he was the Christ, peace be upon them both. He claimed he was a prophet. The propeht who was awaited by the even the Jews and even the Christians at his time. Nottice when John the Baptist in the NT went to the Jews they asked him three questions. They said art thou the Christ? Art thou Elias? Art thou THAT PROPHET? They were looking for three distinct prophecies insluding a coming of a Christ and a prophet. WHo is this prophet? Mohammed. How do we know exactly? The cross refference. The cross reference. It says that this is the prophet of Deutronemy! Who is the prophet of Deutronemy? Chapter 18 verse 18. What does it say?
It says:

I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.

Who is the Jews' brethren? Their cousins. Who? The Arabs! Arabs are the sons of Ishmael Isacs brother. As for put my words in his mouth, this was the Quran. The Quran unlike the Holly Bible was a verbal revelation. The Bible was, according to Christians themselves, an inspirational revelation. The Quran was authored, literally, by God. Mohammed didnt know how to read or write. The angel Gabriel came to Mohammed the first time the revelation was given to him and said "Read"!! And he said "I am not learned". And he said again "Read"! And he said I am not learned! This is a fullfilment of Isaiahs prophecies. It says:

And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned.

(in Hebrew I pray thee isnt there. 29:12)

So please investigate Islam for it is the truth, the pure truth and nothing but the truth.

Ayep

WHOAAAAAAAAAAAAA..........UMMMMMMMMMM THATS WHAT I HAVE BEEN SAYING ALL ALONG ,THAT JESUS CHRIST IS THE MESSIAH AND OUR SAVIOUR, AND ALL THRU THE PAST MONTHS YOU ALL BEEN TELLING ME ITS MOHAMMED, NOW YOU CHANGE YOUR MIND AND SAY JESUS?, hellooooooooo,,, I HAVE ALWAYS BELIEVED THAT JESUS WAS THE MESSIAH AND I AM A CHRISTIAN,,NOW I'M TOTALLY CONFUSED AT WHAT YOU ALL BELIEVE

Hi sister!

Don't be confused please. It shows that you have not grasp the complete picture of Islam. We Muslims are not patronising Christians if that is what you think.

That is the point of similarity between Islam and Christianity, the return of Jesus or Esa(alahisalam). However when you study the details closely there are a major difference. Jesus(a man not God) will return to kill Dajjal or what Christians call Anti Christ. This Dajjal will be an imposter who will call himself God because he will seem to have miraculous powers. He will seem to "resurrect dead people" to deceive many people on this earth. Because of that, religions that preaches that God walks on this earth will worship and follow him, obviously thinking he is God(with the leadership, power and strength that he possesses).

This is the part we Muslims always warn each other about getting fooled by
the Dajjal. This imposter will deceive every town on Earth and prosecute and punish those who do not follow him. That is the challenge that every Muslim is being prepared for in the coming future. Sooner if not later.

This is a test for mankind till Esa returns to kill him and rule again from Jerusalem or we Muslims call Baitul Maqdis.( By the way the original name of Jesus is Esa in Hebrew.) Jesus is a Hellenized or Latinized name and Esa(alahisalam) will not recognise that name when he returns cause that is not what he was called during his time on this earth.

This is all Quran and Hadith sciences sister. If you compare the nature of how all of this Hadith traditions are collected with how Western history is collected, you notice how unreliable majority western history is. We are here to educate not to confuse. Sometimes the topics go so in depth that visitors cannot comprehend what we are talking about. To that I apologise but I suggest you read more about basics and fundamentals of Islam first before delving too deep and getting lost in your research.

Islam was taught in 23 years by Prophet Muhammad(saw) so do not expect to learn every single detail in a few weeks or months. When the people were ready then Allah send down His revealations in stages because only Allah knows best how His servants react to change.(Humans do not react well to change right?) . So be patient sis learn in stages too.

Allah knows best.

WHOAAAAAAAAAAAAA..........UMMMMMMMMMM THATS WHAT I HAVE BEEN SAYING ALL ALONG ,THAT JESUS CHRIST IS THE MESSIAH AND OUR SAVIOUR, AND ALL THRU THE PAST MONTHS YOU ALL BEEN TELLING ME ITS MOHAMMED, NOW YOU CHANGE YOUR MIND AND SAY JESUS?, hellooooooooo,,, I HAVE ALWAYS BELIEVED THAT JESUS WAS THE MESSIAH AND I AM A CHRISTIAN,,NOW I'M TOTALLY CONFUSED AT WHAT YOU ALL BELIEVE

Hello

Here is some verses which can give you an idea about the belief of Muslims :

Allah says :

" Surely the likeness of Isa (Jesus) is with Allah as the likeness of Adam; He created him from dust, then said to him, Be, and he was. "
The family of Imran N° 3 (al-imran) verse n° 59

" The Messiah, son of Marium (Mary) is but an apostle; apostles before him have indeed passed away; and his mother was a truthful woman; they both used to eat food. See how We make the communications clear to them, then behold, how they are turned away. "
The table with food (al-Ma'idah) N°3 verse 75

" Certainly they disbelieve who say: Surely, Allah-- He is the Messiah, son of Marium (Mary). Say: Who then could control anything as against Allah when He wished to destroy the Messiah son of Marium (Mary) and his mother and all those on the earth? And Allah's is the kingdom of the heavens and the earth and what is between them; He creates what He pleases; and Allah has power over all things, "
The table with food (al-Ma'idah) N°3 verse n°17

" And when Allah will say: O Isa son of Marium (Mary)! did you say to Men, Take me and my mother for two gods besides Allah he will say: Glory be to Thee, it did not befit me that I should say what I had no right to (say); if I had said it, Thou wouldst indeed have known it; Thou knowest what is in my mind, and I do not know what is in Thy mind, surely Thou art the great Knower of the unseen things. "
The Table with food (al-Ma'idah) N°3 116

AliIbanez

A Stranger in Dunyah
I've read some sunnah wherein Jesus PBUH will be sent back by Allah SWT as a SIGN for the last days. I think this is the most logical reason, like a landmark, a sign for a traveler that he is near to the place he is going to.

Child of GOD

These posts have all been very interesting and enlightening....All I can think of from reading this is why do any of us fight then, We worship the same God, we believe that Jesus is coming back...I do see what you are talking about when it comes to the difference such as christians believe that Christ died on the cross for us and you all don't believe that....But we all have the common ground that JESUS, praise God, will one day come back and all who believe in God and has done his will, repented for his wrong doings will and shall be saved and reap the benefits of Heaven..Again I pray for you and for us that we will all one day come together in peace and love.

ibn azem

Super Moderator
Staff member
These posts have all been very interesting and enlightening....All I can think of from reading this is why do any of us fight then, We worship the same God, we believe that Jesus is coming back...I do see what you are talking about when it comes to the difference such as christians believe that Christ died on the cross for us and you all don't believe that....But we all have the common ground that JESUS, praise God, will one day come back and all who believe in God and has done his will, repented for his wrong doings will and shall be saved and reap the benefits of Heaven..Again I pray for you and for us that we will all one day come together in peace and love.

:salam2:

Good points you made there, however as you seem to be a nice and loving person, I want to make you aware that no matter whether we experience the second coming of Jesus the son of Mary (pbuh) one thing remains a fact, as Allah (swt) informed us of that:

'And whosoever searches for a religion besides Islam, it will never be accepted from him. And he will be among the losers in the hereafter' [Aali Imraan 85]

So think it out and search for the truth, because it might be a little different than you thought the truth is.

Just as a suggestion as a brother in humanity.

bye.

Praise2Allah

Yes Child of God search the truth for you dont know if you may die before Jesus comes back and die on falsehood. So be careful (so should all of us)

Praise2Allah

As for Jesus being God. He never made suh statement not once, and never took credit for any of the miracles he did, so common sence is that he wasnt God. Plus, he was a man, a holly man yes, but a man. It isnt Holly for God to become a man because men arent holly, says the Bible:

Job 25:4-6 (New King James Version)

4 How then can man be righteous before God?
Or how can he be pure who is born of a woman?
5 If even the moon does not shine,
And the stars are not pure in His sight, 6 How much less man, who is a maggot,
And a son of man, who is a worm?”

So you cant be possibly saying that God is considering himself a magott and a worm are you? Impossible.

I advice you read Mohammeds biography, its called Muhammed his life based on the earliest sourcces written by Martin Lings. U can find it on amazon/

Praise2Allah

This is a clear sign in the Quran:

The Messiah, son of Marium (Mary) is but an apostle; apostles before him have indeed passed away; and his mother was a truthful woman; they both used to eat food. See how We make the communications clear to them, then behold, how they are turned away. "
(3-75)

God is telling you that Jesus ate food, meaning that if you eat food you arent worthy of worship beacsue you have a call of nature. And anyone with that isnt worthy of worship.

See how We make the communications clear to them, then behold, how they are turned away.

(We in the Quran is a plural of respect btw it does not reffer to any trinity with all due respect, but its rejected in Islam. In Islam we arent allowed to make anyone equall to God or give Him any partners)