[Q] I want to give money, but i dont want to :(

Shamim56

Muslim Brother
Assalamualakum Brother's and Sister's

Well today i was eating a Donut and then it came to my mind that there are still people in the world dying from hunger.... And it keeps bothering me what to do because i have $100 Eid money (its all i have im just a teenager going to school). Should i give the money to my mosque and zakah or buy an ipod touch on black friday. Why its a hard choice for me is because i have been waiting to have enough money for one of those for more than a year waiting to have enough money for it. And black friday is coming up (for those who dont know its where everything is almost Half off and only once a year). So if i give it then i wont be able to get one and probably make me sad i wasn't able to get one for so long and deal will be gone...

I already know what you guys are going to say its of course give it to the mosque but be honest about what you would do or please give some inspiration. At the moment just saying give it to the mosque is not strong enough to get the idea of an ipod touch over my head. Please don't say anything like "you shouldnt be wasting your money on that stuff" because i didnt want it just for games i have a CD with 48 hours of Islamic lectures which i would like to put on the ipod so i can listen everywhere i go.

And if you do say give it to the mosque say whether should i give it all to Zakah or the Mosque or half half.

Jazakallah Khairan for your responses

revert2007

Love Fishing
well sister,Islam has never force us to do charity except the zakat on before the eid Fitr..and thats the reason we give zakat of our income from small percentage and not the whole income as zakat..if u have $100 and at the same time u want to do charity,perhaps you can donate $1-$5 to the mosque or buy food for any poor kids..u still get rewards..it doesnt matter how much u give but it is the good intention in ur heart which counts...

am so proud of u because at thsi young age you have a very good which many failed to have..Kepp it up..May Allah reward you with firdaus..ameen

Lookingforlight

Slave of Allah
Assalamualakum Brother's and Sister's

Well today i was eating a Donut and then it came to my mind that there are still people in the world dying from hunger.... And it keeps bothering me what to do because i have $100 Eid money (its all i have im just a teenager going to school). Should i give the money to my mosque and zakah or buy an ipod touch on black friday. Why its a hard choice for me is because i have been waiting to have enough money for one of those for more than a year waiting to have enough money for it. And black friday is coming up (for those who dont know its where everything is almost Half off and only once a year). So if i give it then i wont be able to get one and probably make me sad i wasn't able to get one for so long and deal will be gone...

I already know what you guys are going to say its of course give it to the mosque but be honest about what you would do or please give some inspiration. At the moment just saying give it to the mosque is not strong enough to get the idea of an ipod touch over my head. Please don't say anything like "you shouldnt be wasting your money on that stuff" because i didnt want it just for games i have a CD with 48 hours of Islamic lectures which i would like to put on the ipod so i can listen everywhere i go.

And if you do say give it to the mosque say whether should i give it all to Zakah or the Mosque or half half.

Jazakallah Khairan for your responses

Akhi, wouldn't you rather buy Paradise with that money? Best to donate it in the name of Allah :)

However, as long as you have already paid your compulsory percentage of Zakat, this is only optional- but a great deed nevertheless.

Summer03

3doTs2sQuares
Gotta be honest... It's a tough one.... But think about this... Don't spend that hundred brother... Save it in a bank account... It'll be invested into GOD knows how many millions... Just think it'll be untouched in that savings account...put it in that svings account brother and never think of taking it out... It'll grow and grow... I wish I had a hundred... An iPod will get old quick! How many new gadgets are made everyday... What if u buy an iPod and the next day they come up with something better??? If only u saved that hundred in that savings account to use later!!!!

Oh... Did I mention.... Savings account>>>>PARADISE!

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
if sometimes its difficult for me to donate a large amount at one time...i try to give it in small parts.

u can try giving $1 or $5 in small perods of time......sometimes we can pay more in this way than in one go. Mashallah!

so if u'll give 10$/month for a year...u can donate $120 instead of $100 :D....inshallah!

FreedomFighter

:wasalam:

get the ipod so you can put your Islamic lectures in them and you can put Qur'an in them so you will be able to listen to them more often. listening to Qur'an more often will help you in your faith. about giving zakah, you are still young? because i dont think it applies to those who are young. you can give charity to the mosque, like donating clothes and inshaAllah when you get money again you can donate it. you can also help the mosque by supporting it by going there often and help out in any Islamic events if you can.

islamisbeauty

Gotta be honest... It's a tough one.... But think about this... Don't spend that hundred brother... Save it in a bank account... It'll be invested into GOD knows how many millions... Just think it'll be untouched in that savings account...put it in that svings account brother and never think of taking it out... It'll grow and grow... I wish I had a hundred... An iPod will get old quick! How many new gadgets are made everyday... What if u buy an iPod and the next day they come up with something better??? If only u saved that hundred in that savings account to use later!!!!

indeed but sister i may be young { 12 } but i know that interst is haram because others suffer . and also it will come up in yr bank account and you will have to pay for interest. for instance my mother doesnt even get interest but she is still paying 3.56 for it dont ask me why . anyway i say he should give it to zakat and instead read the quran . Then Allah will turly bless you with the reward of jennah then you will be turly happy and you wont need an ipod . think about the suffering in the world no food or water. so i strongly suggest give it to zakat and allah will bless you with a REWARD SO GREAT INSHALLA

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong

dont u think that will be interest -
riba = haraam.

war against Allah and His messenger :saw:?

:)

Lookingforlight

Slave of Allah
Guys you didn't get her point- what Summer03 was trying to say is that Zakat is the best savings account- you get your reward later just like a bank but it is much much greater since it will be from Allah!

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!

:salam2:
mashallah,this was a very nice reply.:hijabi:

ummyasiin

Striving for Janatul firdous

get the ipod so you can put your Islamic lectures in them and you can put Qur'an in them so you will be able to listen to them more often. listening to Qur'an more often will help you in your faith. about giving zakah, you are still young? because i dont think it applies to those who are young. you can give charity to the mosque, like donating clothes and inshaAllah when you get money again you can donate it. you can also help the mosque by supporting it by going there often and help out in any Islamic events if you can.

I am not into lil electronics or gadgets, however I agree with you sis...

Shamim56

Muslim Brother
Such Good responses but it kind of made it more complex now Lol.

There are many good responses here like thinking about the poor, put your savings in god and get ipod to increase your Faith and about the giving in small amounts. I dont think i can give in small amounts because once i spend the money i have i wont have any until next eid cause i dont have a job n im a teenager.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, which one!!!

:salam2:

search for what student of knowledge spend with. They spend any little of the wealth they receive in the wisest manner.

in time, we don't calculate money in the pocket as all we will get in this life, make duaa for Allah to provide us and we go out and do what we are able to.

spending on something that will be considered as a written text about Islam and will help you understand Islam better, is a good thing.

but why Ipod, they are overpriced garbage that will probably frustrate you. They don't order information nicely like a pc does you titles get all messy on there. If you want to do both give and spend on learning material try choosing a refurbish other brand like sansa or zune, they both are heavily discounted Target has a clearance on zune and buy.com has the sansa refurbished for about 20-30 bucks.

in any event you can and should pray salat al istikhara before you go and purchase it. If you don't know it; it is very simple.http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6612 and you can print the duaa for istikhara and practice reading it then make prayer and after read it from the paper.

FreedomFighter

^yes thats a good idea. get something cheaper than an ipod but that can do the same functions like an ipod. then the rest of the money you can give in charity. so you will get the device and be able to pay in charity :)

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
once Abu Bakr (ra) gave everything in Allah's way and prophet :saw: accepted it.

but when one person tried to give a small amount of gold, prophet did not take it.

reason? contentment of heart after giving charity.

so bro, if u really think that u'll not feel angry/sad after ur complete money as charity, then give otherwise not.

its better to be "happy after giving small charity" compared to "big charity and feel bad".

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
Guys you didn't get her point- what Summer03 was trying to say is that Zakat is the best savings account- you get your reward later just like a bank but it is much much greater since it will be from Allah!

oh thx for clarification. i did not get the point.

sorry Summer03. :SMILY139: