question about borrowing money

sky_012

:salam2:
i need help about a issue,

there is a sister in my uni who have asked me some money twice, once for buying a sandwich and the other time for something related to uni, she borrowed from me 10 dollars totally, i know it's nothing, and i don't care about the money, but i don't know why i don't feel good either, because it's not that she is poor or something, during summer, she works to buy things ofr herself, she isn't in need of money at all; i feel like she isn't risponsible because she knows whenver she'll ask me i'll give her;

i don't know what i should do; if it is correct to ask her my money back, sometimes i want , but i feel too shy, but what dusturbs me is the fact that she doesn't care , personnally, my father always thaught me to bring a lot of money with whenver i go out, so that i'll never face this situation and is very strict about that;

well plz give me advice, is this feeling is a feelnig from sheytan only to put me on the bad path, or it is correct if i ask myself about this issue ?

Jazak Allah in advance

:wasalam:

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
AssalaamuAlaikum,

Sister, it depens upon your financial situation. If you are finacially sound by the Blessings of Allah then feel happy that your money will never ever go wasted.

099.007 Then shall anyone who has done an atom's weight of good, see it!

099.008 And anyone who has done an atom's weight of evil, shall see it.

Al-Qur'an, 099.007-008 (Az-Zalzala [The Earthquake])

Remember, if someone luted your money, that is not wasted, Allah will give you more either in this life or after, or both. If you give away yourself then you will get manifolds rewards.

Although the act of that sister is strange but how about you think that she is the way of your sadaqah? But if she keeps on bothering you too much then you can talk to her is she has some serious problem that she has to ask for such a small amount from you???

Wasslaam,
VE

:salam2:
i need help about a issue,

there is a sister in my uni who have asked me some money twice, once for buying a sandwich and the other time for something related to uni, she borrowed from me 10 dollars totally, i know it's nothing, and i don't care about the money, but i don't know why i don't feel good either, because it's not that she is poor or something, during summer, she works to buy things ofr herself, she isn't in need of money at all; i feel like she isn't risponsible because she knows whenver she'll ask me i'll give her;

i don't know what i should do; if it is correct to ask her my money back, sometimes i want , but i feel too shy, but what dusturbs me is the fact that she doesn't care , personnally, my father always thaught me to bring a lot of money with whenver i go out, so that i'll never face this situation and is very strict about that;

well plz give me advice, is this feeling is a feelnig from sheytan only to put me on the bad path, or it is correct if i ask myself about this issue ?

Jazak Allah in advance

:wasalam:

learnermuslim

Depends

Salaams Sister,

If the sister is in real need, then let it go, better for you and you will inshallah gain much more reward, both financially and spiritually.

If, as you say she isn't that much in need, ask for it back, just good manners and paying ones debt promptly is a good thing, so you will be doing her a favour. Also, this might prevent her , or jog her memory to pay back other people, who might view her actions, misconstrue them as something "muslims" do. So nip it in the bud.

But best do it diplomatically, may be next time pretend you forgot purse at home and need to buy a sandwich etc. see what she does, if she goes oh sorry, heres the ten bucks I owe you all good, if she says some sarcy remark or avoids topic, remind her of your assistance in her time of need. If all this fails, could carry a baseball bat around and speak in a new Jersey accent to give her a very strong hint :) (not condoning violence here and just a joke)

Fi amanAllah