Question about Du'a

JD19

Can I make Du'a anytime of the day or should it only be done after Salat. For instance, right before I go to bed - I would always have a conversation with God and then go to sleep. Its a habit of mine. Now that I am Muslim, can i still have that conversation? It was always done while I was lying down... If I can still have the conversation, should I continue the same way or should I get on my knees with my palms facing up in front of my face...

Ahmed_2000

Servant of Allah
Salaam Allaikum

Dua can be done Anytime , however it is A Good thing If done After Salaat. but it is not Limited to do just after Salaat.

SalaamAllaikum

ilmseeker

:salam2:

From Bro. Mrmuslim, he posted it another thread, I thought it would be helpful to you. :shymuslima1:

--At The End Of The Obligatory Salat:
Narrated Abu Omamah (RA): that Allah’s Messenger (SAW) was asked, O Messenger of Allah, which supplication is heard (by Allah (SWT), he said the end of the night and at the end of the obligatory Salat (prayer) [at-Tirmidhi]. This time is after saying 'At-tahyat' , and before making Tasleem (finishing prayer)

--At the time of Athan and between it and the Iqamah:
Anas (RA) narrated that Allah’s Messenger (SAW) said: 'A supplication made between the Adhan and Iqama is not rejected.'
[Ahmad, abu Dawud #521, at-Tirmidhi #212, Sahih al-Jami #3408, an-Nasai and Ibn Hibban graded it sahih (sound)]

In another hadith; 'When the prayer is called, the doors of the skies are opened, and the du'a is answered' [al-Tayalisi in his Musnad #2106, al-Sahihah #1413] ”

--An Hour On Friday
Narrated Abu Hurairah (RA): Allah’s Messenger (SAW) talked about Friday and said: 'There is an hour on Friday and if a Muslim gets it while offering Salat (prayer) and asks something from Allah (SWT), then Allah (SWT) will definitely meet his demand.' And he (the Prophet (SAW) pointed out the shortness of that particular time with his hands.[Sahih al-Bukhari]

Some have said that this hour is from the time the Imam (prayer’s leader) enters the mosque on Friday’s prayer until the prayer is over (ie between the two khutbahs), whereas others have said that it is the last hour of the day (ie after the Asr prayer until the Maghrib prayer).

--While Making Sujood:prostrating
Abu Hurairah (RA) narrated that Allah’s Messenger (SAW), said: 'The nearest a slave can be to his Lord is when he is prostrating, so invoke (supplicate) Allah (SWT) much in it. [Muslim, abu Dawud, an-Nasa'i and others, Sahih al-Jami #1175.”

--When it is raining
Narrated Sahel Ibn Sa'ad (RA): that the Messenger of Allah (SAW) said: 'Two will not be rejected, Supplication when the Adhan (call of prayer) is being called, and at the time of the rain'. [Al-Hakim 2: 114, and Abu Dawud #2540, ibn Majah

--While Drinking Zamzam Water
Jaber (RA) narrated that Allah’s Messenger (SAW) said: 'Zamzam water is for what it is drunk for.' [Ahmad 3: 357 and Ibn Majah #3062]. This means that when you drink Zamzam water you may ask Allah (SWT) for anything you like to gain or benefit from this water such as healing from illness.... etc.

--When Waking Up at Night
Narrated Ubada Bin As-Samit that Allah’s Messenger (SAW) said: 'Whomever wakes up at night and says La ilaha illallahu wahdahu la shrika lahu lahulmulku, wa lahul hamdu, wa huwa ala kulli shai'in qadir. Alhamdu lillahi, wa subhanallahi wa la ilaha illallahu, wallah akbir, wa la hawla wala quwata illa billah (none has the right to be worshipped but Allah (SWT) He is the only one who has no partners. His is the kingdom and all the praises are for Allah (SWT) All the glories are for Allah (SWT) And none has the right to be worshipped but Allah (SWT) and Allah (SWT) is the most Great and there is neither might nor power except with Allah (SWT) and then says, Allahumma ighfir li (O Allah! Forgive me) or invokes Allah (SWT), he will be responded to and if he makes ablution and performs Salat (prayer), his Salat (prayer) will be accepted. [Sahih al-Bukhari]

--In the middle of the night
Abu Hurayrah (radhi allahu anhu) reported that the Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) said: “Our Lord descends every night to the lowest heaven, when only one third of the night has remained. He says: “Who will invoke Me, so that I may give him? Who will seek My forgiveness, so that I may forgive him.” [Saheeh al-Bukharee and Saheeh Muslim] In another report, he adds: “Then Allah extends His Hand and says: “Who wants to invest (good deeds) with the One who is not wasteful or unjust?” He continues to say this until the dawn arrives.”

:tti_sister:

ilmseeker

another helpful post insha'Allah

:salam2: again,

Here is a helpful video:

[yt]dGaB72qWrn8[/yt]

Gives you an example of making dua. Has some important dua you can make too along with english translation! :ma:

Also:
I think you are supposed to raise your hands like this: :tti_sister: Lol, but I am not sure if it is sunnah or not. Perhaps a brother or sister can verify this? :shymuslima1:

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Peace be upon You

Peace be upon you brother,
You still can have that conversation for sure. You need not to give that nice habit up and for yr satisfaction i am quoting few verses from Quran

(190) Those who remember Allâh standing, sitting, and lying down on their sides, and think deeply about the creation of the heavens and the earth, (saying): "Our Lord! You have not created (all) this without purpose, glory to You! (Exalted are You above all that they associate with You as partners). Give us salvation from the torment of the Fire.

(191) "Our Lord! Verily, whom You admit to the Fire, indeed, You have disgraced him, and never will the Zâlimûn (polytheists and wrong-doers) find any helpers.

(192) "Our Lord! Verily, we have heard the call of one (Muhammad SAW) calling to Faith: ‘Believe in your Lord,’ and we have believed. Our Lord! Forgive us our sins and expiate from us our evil deeds, and make us die (in the state of righteousness) along with Al-Abrâr (the pious believers of Islamic Monotheism).

(193) "Our Lord! Grant us what You promised unto us through Your Messengers and disgrace us not on the Day of Resurrection, for You never break (Your) Promise."

(194) So their Lord accepted of them (their supplication and answered them), "Never will I allow to be lost the work of any of you, be he male or female.

( Al-e-Imran )

(185) And when my servants ask you (O Muhammad SAW) concerning Me, then (answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My Knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright.

( Al-Baqarah)

(151) Therefore remember Me (by praying, glorifying,). I will remember you, and be grateful to Me (for My countless Favours on you) and never be ungrateful to Me

(Al-Baqarah)

(15) And indeed We have created man, and We know what his ownself whispers to him. And We are nearer to him than his jugular vein (by Our Knowledge).

(Al-Qaaf)

LoveIslam

ALLAH FORGIVE US
assalamualaykum brother
if can find this book its is better u buy this one
Fortress of the muslim
invocations from the Qur'an and Sunnah
its has almost ever time dua
hope it help you

Libinette

Umm Zubayr
:salam2: brothers and sisters for these precious informations, very useful