Question about Graves

Yousuf.

:salam2: Brothers and Sisters

The Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wassallam) said, "...Beware of those who preceded you and used to take the graves of their Prophets and righteous men as places of worship, but you must not take graves as mosques; I forbid you to do that." (Muslim)

The question is:

What if the mosque has been there for ages and then people bury the deceased (pious men, kings) in it? There is this mosque in my country whereby an ex-king was burried in front of the mosque. In front of the qiblah.

What if there is a grave-yard in the compound of the mosque?

What if the grave-yard is connected to the main building of the mosque?

I wonder if we can perform our ibaadah in these mosques.
Anybody can help?

JazakaAllah.

Yousuf.

Source: Imathat Al Itsam Fil Kabh Al Auham by Mamduh Farhan Al Buhairi
Tahdzir Masaajid Min Ittikhadzil Qubur

The Qiyas used by people was that the grave of Rasulullaah, Abu Bakar, Umar wa Utsman were inside the mosque in Saudi. These Qiyas will never be correct because it was build before the expand of the mosque.
2nd, it was an expansion of the Mosque, nothing intentional, just a coincidence that Rasulullaah was died near the mosque, and Rasulullaah said "Prophets are buried in the place where he died." While Abu Bakar, umar wa Utsman radhiyallahu'anhum ajma'in chose to be buried there.

People who remain shalat in this mosque is doing Bid'ah at least, because the QIBLAH are not suppose to be grave, the grave beside the mosque is okay, but not the grave in front of the mosque.

So, if the grave under the mosque that's clear.
Now what about if it is in front of the mosque? With Taqwa, this could lead to Bid'ah and people who are wary of approaching Syirik or Tasyabbuh to Jews and Christian must not do this.

Do not do Shalat in there, until the tomb is removed.

assalamu'alaikum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh.

:salam2:
JazakaAllah akhi. For Masjid AN-Nabawi, i understand it is very allright as initially, the grave of our Rasullullah was in his house near the compound of the masjid untill the masjid was expanded such that it covers the house of Rasullullah.

So as for my qn, i doubt the Muslims praying in the masjid is praying to the grave or the grave as the qiblah. It is just that the grave is in the way of the qiblah. That is considered bid'ah too?

And a grave beside the in the mosque compound beside the musolla is ok?

Any hadeeth or fatwa to support that brother?

daywalker

The Qiyas used by people was that the grave of Rasulullaah, Abu Bakar, Umar wa Utsman were inside the mosque in Saudi. These Qiyas will never be correct because it was build before the expand of the mosque.
2nd, it was an expansion of the Mosque, nothing intentional, just a coincidence that Rasulullaah was died near the mosque, and Rasulullaah said "Prophets are buried in the place where he died." While Abu Bakar, umar wa Utsman radhiyallahu'anhum ajma'in chose to be buried there.

I dont actuelly understand why there was a need to expanse the mosque to the grave of prophet mohammad(sw)? couldn´t they expense the mosque from other side? why didn´t scholar stop them to do this at that time? wasn´t any ahle sunnah scholar present at that time? this questions flies whole day around my head :angryred:

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
:salam2: Brothers and Sisters

The Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wassallam) said, "...Beware of those who preceded you and used to take the graves of their Prophets and righteous men as places of worship, but you must not take graves as mosques; I forbid you to do that." (Muslim)

The question is:

What if the mosque has been there for ages and then people bury the deceased (pious men, kings) in it? There is this mosque in my country whereby an ex-king was burried in front of the mosque. In front of the qiblah.

What if there is a grave-yard in the compound of the mosque?

What if the grave-yard is connected to the main building of the mosque?

I wonder if we can perform our ibaadah in these mosques.
Anybody can help?

JazakaAllah.

Is there a road seperating the grave and the mosque

Yousuf.

2nd, the dalil Rasulullaah said in HR.Muslim, Abu Daud, ibn Khuzaimah, "Laa tushalli ilaa qubuuri wa laa tajlisu 'alaiha"
means "Do not do Shalat facing grave and do not sit above it."

so there is a hadith regarding it...

jazakaAllah akhi..

mezeren

:salam2:

if the grave is not inside the mosque,then it does not matter if it is in front of the mosque or not.otherwise we should prevent people from walking by in front of the mosques.sometimes mosques are surrounded by graves because of lack of place.
in such cases i don't think people ever think of worshipping the grave.

daywalker

So, the expansion comes later after the mosque been build, and also this grave is the only exception, why? Because no person is like prophets where prophets were buried under the ground where he died.

But abu bakr(rd) and umar ibn khattab(rd)´s grave is also there. they weren´t like prophet. what gonna do with their grave?

daywalker

That's right. So, it won't lead to Syirik because the Ulama in Saudi already say to them that any of the Syirik in the Qubur will not be tolerated, like been said earlier Al Akh Daywalker that Masjidil Nabawi is the only exception. And do not be mistaken, there

no my beloved sheikh, you didn´t get my question.

People says dont pray in the mosques where a grave is in it.

And people says masjide nabawi is a exceptional case cause prophet mohammad(sw) grave is there.

But there is also grave of abu bakr(rd) and umar(rd) present, who aren´t prophet.

So why let Schoalrs of madina to expense the mosque to the side of a grave where non-prophet like abu bakr(rd) and umar(rd) grave was present?