question about hadiths!

etoile_de_mer

:salam2:
I would like to have some clarifications,,well there is a group of muslims that believe only in the Qur'an and not in the sunnah(i.e hadiths) ..now 1 guy is sending lots of emails to my friend about it..the guy saying that we are taking the words of Bhukhari, Muslim etc to be God's words...!!
we were so shocked about it that my friend is trying to refute with lots of qur'anic ayats and told him that we follow the prophet (p.b.u.h) bcoz he is a perfect example to human kind etc...and he replied back saying lots of things also...now we r outta words ... and i want u ppl to share ur opinion about this.
P.S:this is very serious..

manofhonour

As-salaam Alaikum Brother,

We Muslims have to follow both the Quran & Hadith, The Quran is the Words of Allah & Hadith The Words of Prophet (SAW).
We would not have been able to understand what the quran wants us to do if Hadith's would not have been there. e.g. The quran says "Do Wadoo" before Prayers, but how to do it is written in the Hadith besides that Allah says in Quran that, " Ati-ul-llah wa Ati-u-Rasool", so if we believe in the Quran, we have follow the Hadith's as well.

Wasalm

etoile_de_mer

:wasalam: I agree totally with u brother..
we have to follow the sunnah of the Prophet(p.b.u.h) as he showed us how to pray and do wudoo etc..
well this guy he replied " as the Prophet (p.b.u.h) was a perfect example so did he act upon the hadith & sunnah of Ibrahim (a.s) for him to live ?so why must we act on hadith ??etc...(lots of stuff he is telling us ..i cannot translate all stuffs in here)
..and we asked our imam about it and our imam told us not to reply to him as this guy is clearly on a wrong path..so as this guy is sending lots of emails to ppl in the whole of the country ..we are now planning to do a talk on that ..and we are inviting knowledgeable orators to speak on the importance of hadiths so as to warn ppl against that guy & his group.

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
:wasalam: I agree totally with u brother..
we have to follow the sunnah of the Prophet(p.b.u.h) as he showed us how to pray and do wudoo etc..
well this guy he replied " as the Prophet (p.b.u.h) was a perfect example so did he act upon the hadith & sunnah of Ibrahim (a.s) for him to live ?so why must we act on hadith ??etc...(lots of stuff he is telling us ..i cannot translate all stuffs in here)
..and we asked our imam about it and our imam told us not to reply to him as this guy is clearly on a wrong path..so as this guy is sending lots of emails to ppl in the whole of the country ..we are now planning to do a talk on that ..and we are inviting knowledgeable orators to speak on the importance of hadiths so as to warn ppl against that guy & his group.

AssalaamuAlaikum WRWB,

Talking to these guys is even tougher than talking to Christians. A christian can even agree on some point, but these "Quran Only" dumb dudes have to bring some illogical reasonings just for the sake of their ego that they believe right.

I suggest you to ask this guy, to explain the meaning and context of Surah Lahab and Surah Feel, without using any hadith or historical reference. I guarantee you that you will enjoy their dumb answers.

Wassalaam

Proud2BeHumble

Seek Truth, Be Happy

Prophet (p.b.u.h) was a perfect example so did he act upon the hadith & sunnah of Ibrahim (a.s) for him to live ?so why must we act on hadith ??etc...(

Why dont he ask to follow Moses and Jesus (PUBH) Sunnah? Why only Ibrahim (PBUH)?

Just to make you clear that as the society developed/progressed, each Prophet came with his own Sharia as per a predefined Allah's Plan. Basic law of Allah remains same for each Prophet but Sharia differs. Sharia of Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) superseded previous ones.

Wasalam

rizzumd

Your brother

Remind him following Allah(s.w.t) words from Quran.

"Nor does he speak from(his own) desire. It is only a Revelation revealed." (53:3,4)

"Oh you who believe! Obey Allah, and obey the Messenger(Muhammad pbuh)..." (47:33)

"He who obeys the Messenger(Muhammad pbuh) has indeed obeyed Allah..."(4:80)

"Indeed in the Messenger of Allah(Muhammad pbuh) you have a good example to follow..."(33:21)

etoile_de_mer

thanx for the reply brothers & sisters..
moreover this guy said that wearing gold(for guy) and silk and tattoo , music & other silly things he is telling us that there is no such evidence in the qur'an.....so these are allowed!!!we got a shock!!!
but the thing is that we can't quote from the hadith...since he doesn't agree with it
we told him what about azaan? azaan is sunnah....the Prophet (s.a.w) did it..so he replied he believe in what the qur'an says...it is a complete book..so if u believe in hadith..that means u think the qur'an in incomplete....!!!!
he is such a silly ..we can't make him reason..and now he is telling he will write more and state about 500 arguments against hadith!! so we r waiting for that..

etoile_de_mer

u r right brother..
indeed this is very serious and if anyone who has a weak iman and reads his email can deviate..that's why we are planning at our mosque to do that talk as soon as possible.
i'm indeed very scared to post the things that he said on this forum bcoz i fear some other brothers & sisters who r seeking knowledge might fall into that deviation.
with his arguments & points i fear that he easily win lots of ppl(Allah Forbids)..coz he gives reference from the qur'an!!! Perhaps i can send a private message ..but i need to translate some very long emails and that will take me some time..insha Allah i will work on that as from tomw.

etoile_de_mer

dear brothers & sisters..i was translating the words of that guy in english and i got a terrible fear that i might cause trouble to anyone who reads that..this is very dangerous ..as i said anyone can deviate when reading the words...so i think i cannot continue to post in this thread about it..and also my friend and I have decided to stop replying him..since he is being tooo stuborn.
i wanna thank all those who replied me and helped me..JazakAllahu Khairan
May Allah Increase our knowledge and Imaan and Help us win over those who do mischief..
May Allah Guide all of us to the Right Path as taught by the Qur'an & the sunnah of the Holy Prophet (s.a.w) and Bless us all both in this World and in the Hereafter...AMEEN