question about hijab

MohammedMaksudul

May Allah Forgive us
:salam2:

Saying hijab is not for me is like trying to fit the religion to our needs. One might say praying fajr is not for me, I will just pray the other 4 times. This is not the right thing to do. We need to fit ourselves to Islam, not fit Islam to us according to our desires.

Noor El-Huda

Sister you have got different responses. At the end of the day we are unique individuals.

Sometimes we do need people to understand us, but we also need people that remind us of the seriousity of an issue.

If we only get understanding people all the time, then we may feel too comfortable to change our ways.

When I first wore the hijab, I was youngish, and I just 'mixed and matched'. Maybe wore a party type top, with skirt not long enough. I didn't know, and there were those around me that were too nice, so didn't want to discourage me.

Then I got a few comments from few individuals that were anything but nice, I guess their intention was. They made me rethink, and want to improve the way I dressed. Yes they could have said them nicer, but maybe they didn't know how to, or probably if they did I may have taken their tiptoe comment not serious enough to to help me progress. A combination helps, and we need not take things too personally.

What's important is the content of what someone is saying; to believe that they are taking the time to write, and they have the best of intentions for you. sister you may feel hijab is not for you at the moment. All will come in good time inshallah. Everything will be easier inshallah. Sister feel free to PM me if you want to talk about anything 1:1. I'll do my best to help inshallah.

salam alaykum sister

all4islam

Assalam-e-alikum

sister don't be upset.if you think some sisters don't give you respect it can mayb they are thinking of some other thing.Inshallah all will be fine you need to be calm down talk with the senior sister and brother here.you are depressed i saw your last post you were not happy about your problem with father.you should wear hijab sister not because you don't feel it but Allah wants us

you are upset over something deep that's why you talk with the other sister in a little bit sharp way (sorry)

but sister you just calm down and think what you said all here are concered about you alot
and i m sorry if i said something wrong.

TheAuthenticBase

Assalaamu 'alaykum!
Asalam Alaikum everyone,

I've been in and out of hijaab over the last seven years since I reverted, and I love hijab, I do love it. But I don't think I'm comfortable wearing it. I also don't get respect from some Muslim sisters because I don't wear it. I'm not going to wear it because others tell me to, I know what the Qur'aan says about hijab and I have worn it. I don't think I want to wear it again. Just because I don't wear hijab doesn't mean I'm not a good Muslimah. I don't think hijab is for me. That's my choice.

Islaam isn't about what I say or you say, its about what Allah says. And He orders for women to cover up.

Yes you are right that just because a person doesn't do one thing they are not a bad muslimah, but its sometimes these little things that really count.

The Prophet (saw) said "Save yourselves form the fire, even if it is with just half a date given in charity."

So one should not consider a good deed as small.

As Ibn 'Abbaas said (or maybe it was Ibn Mas'ood) "Do not look at the small size of the sin, but look at the greatness of the One being disobeyed (Allaah)."

At the end of the day, if you love someone (and we all love Allaah) we would want to do everything they say, even do things they like again and again (i.e, optional deeds).

Yes ones hayaa is in ones heart, yet to be seen as a respected woman (which Islaam orders one to portray oneself as) this haya in the heart needs to come out (and show itself in actions).

Sakeena

I'm afraid I'm going to have to agree with sister Sakeena on this one. That wasn't a very kind judgement to make. Although I'm not quite sure what the sister was hoping to hear on this thread; her original post did not include any request for advice, it read to me more like a personal statement declaring her choice. Which, unfortunately as she's discovered, opens the doors for lecturing. I'm pretty sure that sister Sakeena already knew all of the Qur'an and hadith that were tossed up at her. What she needs is someone to talk to her and listen, not someone who hold the Qur'an in front of her face and say "see you're lazy and a sinner!".

That's just my feelings, and may ALLAH forgive me if I said something wrong.

exactly :girl3: thank you brother Danyal!! :)

Perseveranze

Asalaamu Alaikum,

[yt]zvmTd6AWTaM[/yt]

The Prophet (pbuh) said: "Islam began as a stranger and shall return as a stranger as it began. So give glad tidings to the strangers". [Sahih Muslim]

In the end, it is to do with your intention. All I know is, the woman with the hijaab, or the man with the long beard might be strangers, but we're proud of who we are and what we represent.

hana*

if we re-read the original post, i believe that sis sakeena posted not to receive opinions about wearing hijaab. if we read carefully, the sister has posted a cry for help. what i understood was that she probablly feels 'rock bottom'. not always is our eemaan sky high or how we would like it to be due to certain tests that hit us in life.

i read in an earlier post that sakeena was feeling down and had an asthma attack (please correct me if im wrong) and, being a revert must be very difficult if one has little/no family support.

we should perhaps try a more delicate approach, after all, ad-deeno rahma- religion is mercy.

Sakeena

if we re-read the original post, i believe that sis sakeena posted not to receive opinions about wearing hijaab. if we read carefully, the sister has posted a cry for help. what i understood was that she probablly feels 'rock bottom'. not always is our eemaan sky high or how we would like it to be due to certain tests that hit us in life.

i read in an earlier post that sakeena was feeling down and had an asthma attack (please correct me if im wrong) and, being a revert must be very difficult if one has little/no family support.

we should perhaps try a more delicate approach, after all, ad-deeno rahma- religion is mercy.

Thank you sister hana* :hearts: much love to you sweeto. Alhamdulilah! Finally, someone understands where I'm coming from.