Question about Medication

K-A-K

Salam.

I have a question about an oral medication that I have to start.
Its for my skin, facial one mainly. For the past one and a half year, my facial acne has been getting worse. It takes its own tantrum and doesn't settle down. My doctors have tried many medications, but it never seems to subside. They have deduced from this that its an internal reaction to a bacteria, and they need to start some antibiotic for it. It will hopefully work InshAllah. Because that's the only thing that seems to work for the skin condition I have. The problem is that the antibiotic I have to take in is encapsulated. And we all know that the capsule has gelatin ingredients.

Should I use it or not? The course if for 2 weeks. I started the course before too . And it did work! Except i discontinued my medicine when I came to know of the gelatin thing. However, my condition is getting worst. I have tried many many topical things, and they do not seem to work. They only make the bacterial anti reaction grown more serious. Other than that, I have prayed too obviously... But the prayers only lead me to more doctors and this antibiotic. I have prayed a lot about it, no kidding. And we all know that sometimes when the prayer is not answered ... we do get hurt. Its such a set back!

I am really confused about it, not to mention upset. Its not only about psychological issues but about physical too. With summers coming, it will get all the more worse. I really really want to get over this illness/condition. Its been too much now. What should I do? My doctor's Muslim, and she says its an antibiotic, and I would have to take it. It is necessary for me. I have no justification for Haram-ness of the medicine, other than that of not being disobedient. If I ever do take it, it is for health, and out of circumstance. I have tried other things, many many medicines, but i have been led to this medicine again. I am so lost now.

I hope somebody can be of help. Thank you,
Waslam

Abu Talib

Feeling low
Wa`alaykumassalam

I've been through same condition you can take those capsules scholars said its okay to take since the gelatin on capsules get refined in chemical process. The bacteria you have is resistant to to the antibiotics how much mg did the doctor prescribe?

I was in the same situation as you finding hard to take gelatin capsules

K-A-K

Salam!

Thank you so much both of you! God bless you.

Its 100mg. I know, its very hard for me now. I have some allergies to certain foods too... So it gets pretty hard for me. I can't go on organic foods, and other diet stuff. It will make me even more vulnerable.To top that the weather becomes such a killer... Even if I were to use a topical medicine, the bacteria wouldn't vanish. Unless the root is not removed, the problem will keep reappearing.

But thank you so muchhh!

Abu Talib

Feeling low
Salam!

Thank you so much both of you! God bless you.

Its 100mg. I know, its very hard for me now. I have some allergies to certain foods too... So it gets pretty hard for me. I can't go on organic foods, and other diet stuff. It will make me even more vulnerable.To top that the weather becomes such a killer... Even if I were to use a topical medicine, the bacteria wouldn't vanish. Unless the root is not removed, the problem will keep reappearing.

But thank you so muchhh!

100 mg won't work atleast 250 or 500mg should be administered for this level. Tropically are you using gel or cream based ? I completely understand what your going through just have patience. Have you been taking Erythromycin ?

K-A-K

Well I am trusting my doctor! :\ she doesnt want to rush me. and has to check with certain allergies too!
its just that my skin is very very very sensitive. it cant even stand change of water! :\

thank you so much!