Question from a revert about the Sunnah

wxgrrl

Salaam,

I'm curious about something of the Sunnah and the Holy Quran... I have of course a few copies of the Holy Quran, yet.. I'm wondering.. is the Sunnah a "separate" book I would need to seek to buy ?

muslimah_mtl

AlhamduliLlah
Salaam,

I'm curious about something of the Sunnah and the Holy Quran... I have of course a few copies of the Holy Quran, yet.. I'm wondering.. is the Sunnah a "separate" book I would need to seek to buy ?

:wasalam:

Sunnah is not a book like Qur'an.
In Islam, the Arabic word sunnah has come to denote the way Prophet Muhammad (saas), the Messenger of Allah, lived his life. The Sunnah is the second source of Islamic jurisprudence, the first being the Qur'an. Both sources are indispensable; one cannot practice Islam without consulting both of them. The Arabic word hadith (pl. ahadith) is very similar to Sunnah, but not identical. A hadith is a narration about the life of the Prophet (saas) or what he approved - as opposed to his life itself, which is the Sunnah as already mentioned.

http://www.unbsj.ca/clubs/msa/sunnah.html

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
The following contain Hadiths relating to all aspects of Sunnah

1. Sahih Bukhari (most authentic source of sunnah)
2. Sahih Muslim (most authentic source of sunnah also)
3. Masnad Al-Imam Ahmad Ibn Hanbal (has an *immense* number of hadiths..about 40,000 I think)
4. Mawte'e Malik (was the most authentic collection of hadiths until Sahih Bukhari & Muslim came out)
5. Sunan Abu Dawood
6. Sahih Al-Tirmidhi

These books might have *volumes* when purchased..however..many sites have granted free access to them..so you may take advantage of this matter :)

mahdi

Salaam,

I just want to explain one thing, Sunnah is simply following the Prophets way, and you can find the way the prophet lived in many Hadith books, i think some of the bro/sis have posted books you can look for,