question from atheist - significance of crescent

db92509

I live in the UK and there are quite a number of mosques that have been constructed in England. Every mosque i have seen has the crescent symbol located on the top of the mosque. Can someone advise me on the significance of the crescent in the islamic faith and why it is located on the mosques. I did actually notice that this page carries the same symbol at the top. regards

db92509

hi
welcom

thid cressent is the symbol of the moon deity , used generaly and mostly by free masons and worshipers of satan , anciant Egypt devinity of Parao.
this symbole have no souce in islam , no trace for it in the prophet salla Allah alayhi wa sallam life , no traces of it in Quran .
Islam is innocent from this symbolysm.

this symbole was introduced to Masjids ( mosques) etc... by an emperor of Otoman empire lately.

the moon is for knowing the numbers of days and an ornement , directions..

Abdalilah from Morocco

thank you for your replies. you state that this symbol was introduced by an emperor and up until then it was the symbol of maisons an satan worshipers. did this emperor have links to masons or satan worshipers? are you aware which emperor your referring to. i would be interested in researching this further

regards

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Your original question has been answered by Bro ayman1. Other than that, this crescent do not have any significant attachment with Islam. It was first introduced during Ottoman Empire time for few reasons. One to differentiate between christian troops and Muslims. During the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him), Muslims used to carry flags with plain colour (green, white or black etc). Agreed, most masjid do have this crescent on top, but there are many masjid in my country do not have this crescent also. It has become a symbol to Muslims architecture, that's all. It will be ridiculous to associate Islam with crescent and the crescent being used or worshipped by ppl from other faiths.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
A big no no there.cresent signifies nothing..............we just decorate our mosques with stars and cresents...........apart from that Ayman1 gave u the answer.

Lookingforlight

Slave of Allah
Crescent is just a decoration.

The God of the Muslims is a a God Who agrees with logic and science- He is the Creator, the Sustainer, the One Who maintains balance in this universe.....we associate no symbols with him.

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
one scholar told that when christians-crusaders attacked muslim lands ( i think jerusalem), they put cross signs over their places of worship.

so to differentiate the muslim's places of worship, we used crescent.

Allah knows best.